You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Films panned by critics that you like

Remmie

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Escape to victory, fucking love it.

Didn't Shawshank flop massively when it first came out also?

Good call on Starship troopers

Shawshank Redemption wasn't panned by critics though. I don't know if Escape To Victory was or not. I know Starship Troopers divided critics, but I also quite liked it. I have a feeling many of those who hated it didn't realise it was a piss-take, several years before Team America did much the same.

Waterworld' date=' 'worst film ever' or some shit it was called, thought it was alright myself.[/quote']

Reminds me of Warrington that film.

Used to work at Greenalls distilling Bottles of Vodka that had been quarantined at various locations over the world having being banned, then shipped back to the uk.

The Vodka? Black Death, which you see drunk by Dennis Hopper in a few scenes.

Anyway. Useless info but good times. Used to sneak off with a bottle every Friday evening (not to mention drinking it everyday at work as a few of us temps were left alone carrying out the 'work').

One day one of the Runcorn based forklift drivers got smashed on it, had an argument with his GF over the phone over nothing then smashed up about three crates of it by driving into them repeatedly. Brilliant.

Edited by Juniper

Godfather 3 is a great shout, I think it's still a great movie, just a couple notches below the other 2. The ending is fucking brilliant, genius move taking the sound out so you focus completely on the hurt in Michael's face.

Has anyone else seen Zhara/The Heat? Would be interested in your thoughts, even if you didn't like it.

John Carter of Mars. Which I really enjoyed.

Alien 3 is the best one apart from Alien. The Vietnam warfilm in space that is Aliens is a romp but has no depth (even the special edition).

Hudson Hawk. This is simply a cool movie.

The Return Of Captain Invincible. Alan Arkin and Christopher Lee in a superhero music. Top stuff.

Transformers 2. Sounds ridiculous but when I watch a film like this, I'm not really looking out for how detailed the plot is, but rather the quality of the action. I felt that the action and animations were sufficient to keep me interested for the whole film.

The Usual Suspects was also a huge flop at the flicks ("huge flop at the flicks?" that sounds kind of kinky, doesn't it?)

Anyway, Waterworld is a great shout. It's actually a really good film! It only got panned because it was the most expensive film ever and made the biggest losses ever (as the set sunk twice and had to be rebuilt!) but nt cos it was shit in the sense of actually shit.

I'll go for Things to do in Denver When You're Dead. I loved it at the time, and was the only person I knew who'd evern seen it. Been panned heavily since and only scores 37% on Rotten Tomatoes. Derps!

Things to Do in Denver When You're Dead - Rotten Tomatoes