You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Paul Elliott quits Kick It Out after racially abusing Richard Rufus

TheDrowningMan

This is the first time I've heard anyone claim personal experience of shit like this. It's usually Daily Mail-minded buffoons talking as idf the whole world is like that.

I hope you told any fuckwits who tried to stop the correct use of adjectives to fuck right off, or they'd get a black eye.

Blackboard became chalkboard at some point didn't it? I do a lot of building design in the education sector and all our specs were changed from black to chalk somewhere in the 2000's. Dunno if whiteboard did. I suppose the idea is you don't use colour as an adjective anymore, fuck off thought police:lol:

Blackboard became chalkboard at some point didn't it? I do a lot of building design in the education sector and all our specs were changed from black to chalk somewhere in the 2000's. Dunno if whiteboard did. I suppose the idea is you don't use colour as an adjective anymore, fuck off thought police:lol:

In fairness, at my school the boards were green, so it just would've sounded weird to call them blackboards. Usually, just calling it "the board" was good enough: I mean, what other board were we going to write on? The Board of Governors?

The trouble is that the position Elliot is in, he can't afford to make any sort of fuck ups when it comes to anything remotely resembling racism. He's gone and fucked up and done the decent thing and resigned rather than trying to defend himself just to stay within a well paid job for doing very little.

In fairness, at my school the boards were green, so it just would've sounded weird to call them blackboards. Usually, just calling it "the board" was good enough: I mean, what other board were we going to write on? The Board of Governors?

Green boards? Green boards?! Ridiculously limiting, blackboards allow the use of a multitude of chalk colours as do white boards. PC gone mad!

I take your point on "the board" though although its giving me flashbacks of having to stand at the front of the class staring at said board like a naughty retard. Good times!

The trouble is that the position Elliot is in, he can't afford to make any sort of fuck ups when it comes to anything remotely resembling racism. He's gone and fucked up and done the decent thing and resigned rather than trying to defend himself just to stay within a well paid job for doing very little.

A fair summary.

In fairness' date=' at my school the boards were green, so it just would've sounded weird to call them blackboards. Usually, just calling it "the board" was good enough: I mean, what other board were we going to write on? The Board of Governors?[/quote']

I reckon the green boards were to do with them being catholic schools and the Irish influence.

Will he be remembered for racist abuse like Luis or will it, as is more likely, be referred sensitively hitherto by the media outlets as 'inappropriate language' more akin to big brave JT?

There is no equation between the three whatsoever.

Elliott has acted smartly, Luis and JT did not, either through bad advice, or bad judgement

There is no equation between the three whatsoever.

Elliott has acted smartly, Luis and JT did not, either through bad advice, or bad judgement

A subtle but significant difference is that Terry (not 'JT'!) and Suarez were accused of saying something verbally whereas Elliott did it in a text message. Bit more difficult to deny something when it's there in black and white (so to speak).

I remember early years at uni we were told not to use the word black to describe items. Even using terms such as black coffee or black pen were not allowed.

The physics department must be jam packed with racists Blackholes...Dark matter...etc best get Clarke 'dumbshit Carslile' on the job.

A subtle but significant difference is that Terry (not 'JT'!) and Suarez were accused of saying something verbally whereas Elliott did it in a text message. Bit more difficult to deny something when it's there in black and white (so to speak).

Another significant difference is that Elliott tweeted and Terry said the words that they were castigated for. There is no reason for any sane person to imagine that Suarez was guilty of 6 of the 7 charges he was punished for. (And the other one was no worse than what Evra said to Suarez.)

I remember early years at uni we were told not to use the word black to describe items. Even using terms such as black coffee or black pen were not allowed.

There were 8 lads from Saudi in my uni class, all really nice lads who never once complained about anything racial-wise, but the amount of white English people who got offended on their behalf was sickening,

We used to bring sarnies into the class to eat for breakfast before the lecture and one time this old crone went absolutely ballistic at me shouting that i was offensive because I was eating a bacon and egg barm while I was sat next to a Muslim. He just buzzed off her and told her she was the only offensive person in the room, trying to make a racial divide where there wasn't one.

Inter Milan have been fined 50,000 euros after their fans were found guilty of racially abusing former Inter striker Mario Balotelli.

Ex-Manchester City striker Balotelli was also fined 10,000 euros for an "insulting gesture" towards Inter fans.

The 22-year-old Italian international, who joined Milan in January, raised a finger to his lips during Sunday's match at the San Siro in an apparent attempt to stop the abuse from the Inter fans.

But Serie A's disciplinary commissioner deemed he had gesticulated to the opposition supporters and a fine was imposed.

[BBC]

The real reason racism still exists in football.

There were 8 lads from Saudi in my uni class, all really nice lads who never once complained about anything racial-wise, but the amount of white English people who got offended on their behalf was sickening,

We used to bring sarnies into the class to eat for breakfast before the lecture and one time this old crone went absolutely ballistic at me shouting that i was offensive because I was eating a bacon and egg barm while I was sat next to a Muslim. He just buzzed off her and told her she was the only offensive person in the room, trying to make a racial divide where there wasn't one.

It seems as if the powers that be, talk a big talk about not being racist but quickly turn racist themselves when they deem a racist event has occurred.

"Me only have one ambition, y'know. I only have one thing I really like to see happen. I like to see mankind live together - black, white, Chinese, everyone - that's all."

Guest Slim(fast)Shady

He's had a nightmare since he hung up his boots,didn't he lose a huge court case against Dean Saunders? Can't have too much money left as it was shortly before the Abramovich era at the Chels he plied his trade,never liked him much a bit too 'trying to be articulate' for my liking!'