You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Liverpool U21s vs Chelsea - 6:30pm

Guest LFD

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

That's a belter celebration. Wonderful player! How the fuck could the ref give him a yellow card for that? That's a fucking disgrace. 4-1 up and 2 mins left. Well done by the lads today, played really well and was fun to watch. Send Ngoo with a private jet up to Sunderland and put him on the bench tomorrow!

Gulasci was my man of the match. He was solid, made a couple of crucial saves and did nothing wrong. I was impressed with his distribution as well.

Ngoo made a big difference when he came on. He held up the ball superbly.

Yesil looked lively and I have high hopes for him, as his movement is very good.

Adorjan / Pacheco both have times where they threatened and Morgan showed again he isn't really a wide player and needs to be central.

Overall a good display, although the match was closer than 4-1 suggested.

if we had picked on recent form alone, ngoo would have been ahead of morgan as well.

his physique makes his general play look a bit awkward but I like him.

Ngoo has been very very good for a long time now, and I think he deserves a chance. His touch let him down a couple of times today, but the Chelsea defenders had no idea on how to stop him.

He'll become a top class player.

I personally don't see it with Ngoo, but I'd love to be proven wrong. He's a fun player to watch, but I think he's pretty far off the required standard. Not saying he won't have a career in football, because he clearly will, I just don't think it will be with us. Hope I'm wrong.

If I understand correctly, that puts us top of our group. You know, the group that had some whinging about our bad luck at being put into a tough group where only 2 teams (the other groups get 3) emerge. City have a game in hand but this puts us 3 points up, and it's an even bigger advantage against Chelsea.

The vaunted Everton reserve side, it might interest you to know, have a total of 1 point from 4 matches, a draw against Reading.

Problem with Ngoo is that his clumsiness and gangliness will rile people up and make it easy for them to dismiss him before he could prove himself, like the young Crouch at Spurs and Villa. He should be given a chance, but if the knee-jerk ridicules shatter his confidence then it does him more harm than good.

Personally I can't see him as a finisher. He has some oddly put-together attributes -- clumsy and at times horrid first touch, yet decent to really good dribbler and at times it's damn near impossible to take the ball from him. With decent supply, he can guarantee mayhem in the opposition box but not goal. If football match can be decided by giggles and laughs he's be the first name on my team sheet.

Thought that was a good performance.

Wisdom and Sama did very well (although Sama's use of the ball was inconsistent as ever), Coady marshalled the midfield throughout, Yesil looked really lively, Morgan has a great strike but pretty much everything else he tried didn't come off, Patches was excellent (as you'd expect, he must be gutted that Suso's up at Sunderland while he's travelling home), Ngoo had a bright and controlled 30, Robbo was Robbo (minus the one dodgy tackle he usually fits in somewhere) and Smith did very well on the right. Gulacsi made some good saves but needs to sort his distribution. Roddan was largely poor, don't think he's improved much since the season before last. He's going to be a good lower league player but needs senior game time more than anyone in that team. Want to see Teixiera given a run in there and if not, Pelosi.

Adorjan looked back to his best. Brilliant performance, easily MoM for me.

I really hope some scouts were present as several of these boys need some pro action, still a very talented bunch.