You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

"can you remember one right winger a manager has went out and signed?"

He didn't seek him out, did he. He was included in another deal. Next.

But the manager who signed him had a choice whether to sign him as part of the deal. He could have held out for the money or asked for someone else to be part of the deal.

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Numero Veinticinco
But the manager who signed him had a choice whether to sign him as part of the deal. He could have held out for the money or asked for someone else to be part of the deal.

Nonsense.

Guest Numero Veinticinco
It's not and you know it's not. You're trying to say that Real Madrid told us that we had to take Nunez as part of the deal and Rafa had no choice.

Did he go out and choose the player, because that's what was asked.

Guest Numero Veinticinco
Yes he chose him, he had the choice of money or Nunez and he chose Nunez.

Wrong. Rafa: "Hi, Madrid, It's Rafa. I'd like to sign Nunez for -8m and Owen"

I agree, it would be great if we bought 2 attacking players for right & left wings to deliver the crosses for our large striker waiting to pounce.

But wait, are we not looking to offload our large striker?

Brendan has approximately 5 weeks before the window closes, personally id like to see players leave for a fee, free up wages, then purchase real quality. We were royally stiffed last year by the genius negiotators at Sunderland and Aston fucking Villa. fuck sake.

If QPR are looking at Bellamy, tell them to fuck off, then introduce them to Joe Cole, proper London lad, and fuck him off down the road. Will anyone in Serie A even look at Aquillani for a fee and not a loan period?

We have Sterling and Morgan coming through our ranks, what they need is to be working alongside real professionals every day. (think of Robbie Fowler working next to Ian Rush then Macca & Barnes).

Guest Numero Veinticinco

Choice: Act of self selection.

What Rafa had: A want away striker who had eyes for only Madrid, and had his contract running down. Madrid played hard ball, made an offer. Rafa accepted.

If you think he went out and signed him, you're fucking mental.

Choice: Act of self selection.

What Rafa had: A want away striker who had eyes for only Madrid, and had his contract running down. Madrid played hard ball, made an offer. Rafa accepted.

If you think he went out and signed him, you're fucking mental.

I can see what you're getting at but I'm sure Rafa could have omitted Nunez from the deal. He must have rated Nunez enough to sign him as part of the deal. Hence, Rafa chose to sign him.

In that case Rafa should have told them to fuck off instead of signing Nunez as part of the deal. It was his choice whether he wanted Nunez as part of the deal.

Even if that were a viable option, Rafa had his hands tied so tight that he couldn't even get Juanfran from Real, the right winger he actually was prepared to take when it became clear he was getting fuck all.

I liked Morgan was surprised at how well he played if you compare him to how Eccelston played he was head and shoulders above him.Actually looked dangerous and nearly got through a few times against a decent Roma defence.

Though doubt he is ready but deserves a run in the league cup this season along with a few of the others.

I can see what you're getting at but I'm sure Rafa could have omitted Nunez from the deal. He must have rated Nunez enough to sign him as part of the deal. Hence, Rafa chose to sign him.

Seb you're getting into semantics. I didn't think I would have to spell it out but what I meant when I posted was we have gone out and spend tens of millions on centre mids when we already had plenty of them. We've had no good wingers for years yet we never seem to go out and sign any with the aim of them slotting right in and being first teamers like we do with the centre mids.

Hank is right, accepting Nunez as part of the Owen deal is hardly doing that. Neither is Gonzalez for £2m or Leto for similar as someone else mentioned who were both left wingers anyway and they think Rafa should take credit for giving El Zhar a wage?

In this time the mancs have signed Ronaldo, Nani, Valencia, Young to name but four and they all cost fucking less than Stewart Downing. Reading the forum before I actually spotted someone saying we need a defensive midfielder. Hahaha How the fucking hell can you justify that when we haven't got a solitary out and out right winger at the club?