You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

LFC statement:

The thoughts of everyone at Liverpool Football Club are with Sir Alex Ferguson and his family following the news that the former Manchester United manager is ill in hospital.

A great rival but also a great friend who supported this club during its most difficult time, it is hoped that Sir Alex will make a full recovery.

In the meantime, the club will offer its full support to Manchester United and also his family.

http://www.liverpoolfc.com/news/announcements/300923-liverpool-fc-sir-alex-ferguson

He was a manager that fed off hatred.  His ambition was motivated by hatred of Liverpool.  He was quite open about that.  Was it all an act?  I don't know; there is a lot of evidence of a humanity within him.  The point is he came across as a bitter and sometimes spiteful man.  I never liked him as a man or a manager.

But it was no fluke that he was so successful.  If he was your manager you would absolutely love him.  Fans and players.  The many well-wishing messages of past players speak volumes.

I hope he enjoys a full and lasting recovery.  Not just to see us win number 6 (though I do like that!), but because life and death gives you a sobering perspective and to wish him anything other than good health when all he did was manage a rival football team to the absolute best of his abilities would be callous and inhuman.

Anyone wishing him I'll is a cunt of the highest order. It's a fucking game. Soft cunts. Give your fucking head a wobble. Don't like him but he is a man a human for fuck sake.

I don't know if anyone has done that, on here, have they? The worst I've seen is someone saying they're not arsed.

I don't know if anyone has done that, on here, have they? The worst I've seen is someone saying they're not arsed.

Yeah, that was me. I’m not sat here praying for him to croak it like. I just don’t think it would alter my day in any way if he did.

Anyone wishing him I'll is a cunt of the highest order. It's a fucking game. Soft cunts. Give your fucking head a wobble. Don't like him but he is a man a human for fuck sake.

Are you missing Pistonbroke so much that you’ve decided to take on his persona after a few shandies?

Is it just me that’s not really arsed, then? Sure, he was a great manager for them but he’s also a spiteful cunt, an old man and let’s be realistic, we’ve all got to go sometime.

I’m just a bit meh. I bet you he wouldn’t be arsed if it was me in the hozzy.

Hard to disagree with.

I’d rather he dies peacefully, not in pain, as I would of anyone.

Has Rafa said anything yet? He’s my barometer.

Couldn't stand him when he was their manager, and he's responsible for the LMA acolytes cult of sycophantic knobheads who got to wet their beak while ensuring he remained top of the pile to the extent where continued financial gain supercedes tangible on-field success. He has always supported the Hillsborough campaigns though. Besides, I wouldn't wish ill like this on anyone so I hope he pulls through.

Same as a few here, disliked him in relation to football and his bullying but once he left them I have never really given him a second thought. Older person is ill, only time I will think about him is when I see this thread or when he is mentioned on the news, then I will carry one with my day.

There are a limited few I wish ill-health on but he is not one of them.