You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

*Shakes head* Everton again.

Fugitive

1 hour ago, Doctor Troy said:

Like winning der Champions league lid.

20200617_233703.jpg

They didn't win the title at Anfield. They lost at Burnley on the final day of the season, and were only crowned champions because Preston lost at Sunderland.

1 hour ago, Strontium Dog™ said:

They didn't win the title at Anfield. They lost at Burnley on the final day of the season, and were only crowned champions because Preston lost at Sunderland.

In the 18 seasons when we have won the league, we also won at theirs on a good few occasions, 22/23,72/73,79/80,81/82,82/83,85/86 and 89/90,so we can claim to have won 7 of those leagues at goodison according to their logic. 

I’m not arsed when we (hopefully) win the league so fuck em. 
I hope all our players aren’t buying into all this when and where we can win it shite and are just concentrating on the old “one game at a time” that served us so well under Bill, Bob, Joe and Kenny.

We’ve waited thirty years let’s hope people don’t get all arsey if it isn’t this week or next as the media will do a good job doing just that 

6 hours ago, Ronnie Whelan said:

Iftheydon'tfindacureforcoronawecouldwintheleaguenextseason la

If I was your teacher I would be saying, "Mr Whelan, it is clear to me where your allegiances lie as you clearly don't know yer istory.

It's, "ifitadentavbinfor" not "iftheydont"

9 hours ago, VladimirIlyich said:

All I remember him doing was backing into defenders on purpose yet getting free kicks when he was doing the fouling. The refs were shite with him.

Yeah and he used to do that thing when backing in of putting his arms backwards around the defender, so if they tried to go round him to get the ball, he'd go down and win the free kick. He was just an old school lump no different from the likes of fashanu and Alan Smith who followed him. 

16 minutes ago, The Gaul said:

Yeah and he used to do that thing when backing in of putting his arms backwards around the defender, so if they tried to go round him to get the ball, he'd go down and win the free kick. He was just an old school lump no different from the likes of fashanu and Alan Smith who followed him. 

To be fair,he wasn't bad on the deck and Everton got the best out of him by using the players around him well but he was far from anything special overall.

21 minutes ago, The Gaul said:

Yeah and he used to do that thing when backing in of putting his arms backwards around the defender, so if they tried to go round him to get the ball, he'd go down and win the free kick.

One of the referees on their extensive hitlist (can't recall who) earned his place for refusing to be conned by Lescott in a derby, doing the backing in/arms around thing, with the added twist of falling and dragging the defender (Carragher?) with him.

(He'd won a penalty with it in a European game shortly before, so the ref was pre-warned.)

6 minutes ago, VladimirIlyich said:

To be fair,he wasn't bad on the deck and Everton got the best out of him by using the players around him well but he was far from anything special overall.

As I say, just a standard lump at the time. It's what most of them did. He wasn't shit, he was just an above average top flight player. 

• Upvote 1

11 hours ago, VERBAL DIARRHEA said:

The stunning lack of self awareness from the Tony Scott’s of this world only make it much better when we win the league. The absolute epitome of bitter and small time. Bravo Tony, you stupid cunt.

It is almost as if they deliberately ignore the fact they have bot won anything for a quarter of a century and only 8 trophies since the second world war.

I thought the whole point of banter like this is to laugh at someone who is not as successful as you, not laughing at someone for doing better that you. They are that wrapped up in their obsession with us they never have the self awareness to realise how stupid they look.

All they have now is their list of firsts that no one cares about and their Heysel shouts.

1 hour ago, VERBAL DIARRHEA said:

Was reading old tweets from blues regarding him and saying without him they would have 7 not 9 titles. And here’s me thinking they had a great side when they were a one man team. I though only we stopped them winning things, in two ways.

They should do a remake of that film Sliding Doors but do an Evertonian version. 

Everything with them is based on things that could have happened

1 minute ago, Doctor Troy said:

It is almost as if they deliberately ignore the fact they have bot won anything for a quarter of a century and only 8 trophies since the second world war.

I thought the whole point of banter like this is to laugh at someone who is not as successful as you, not laughing at someone for doing better that you. They are that wrapped up in their obsession with us they never have the self awareness to realise how stupid they look.

All they have now is their list of firsts that no one cares about and their Heysel shouts.

Their new motto could be ‘ We’re only here to make up the numbers ‘ Latin translation anyone?

8 hours ago, Stickman said:

I hope all our players aren’t buying into all this when and where we can win it shite and are just concentrating on the old “one game at a time” that served us so well under Bill, Bob, Joe and Kenny.

Huh, I never realised before how much our legendary managers sound like Alabama sharecroppers.

"Billy, Bob, Joe, Kenny, git your be-hinds in here before I do something I regret, so help me Jesus!"

• Upvote 9

18 minutes ago, Strontium Dog™ said:

Huh, I never realised before how much our legendary managers sound like Alabama sharecroppers.

"Billy, Bob, Joe, Kenny, git your be-hinds in here before I do something I regret, so help me Jesus!"

Yeah not so much with Gerard, Rafa and Jurgen. You forgot Roy though.

3 minutes ago, Bjornebye said:

This lads bird is definitely shagging reds behind his back

matty1878

matty1878

Player Valuation: £70m
They're waay more obsessed about us.
I utterly despise them. But they really really do have a bad obsession with us

He looks like a right wuss, probably gets pegged and wears his Everton top while his wife reels off our achievements.

• Upvote 1

Weird thing is (and anyone from the city will attest to this) he absolutely looks like a blue. You'd see him in the pub and before he even opened his mouth you'd know he was a blue. Mind you I doubt he would open his mouth in public. Keyboard warrior. Probably 6 foot 4 in real life (By real life I mean his character in Fortnite) 

5 minutes ago, Bjornebye said:

Weird thing is (and anyone from the city will attest to this) he absolutely looks like a blue. You'd see him in the pub and before he even opened his mouth you'd know he was a blue. Mind you I doubt he would open his mouth in public. Keyboard warrior. Probably 6 foot 4 in real life (By real life I mean his character in Fortnite) 

He looks like a young ‘ good bs neighbour’