Quantcast
*Shakes head* Everton again. - Page 1780 - FF - Football Forum - The Liverpool Way Jump to content
Fugitive

*Shakes head* Everton again.

Was listening to yesterday's 606 on the way home tonight an Evertonian from my home town Wrexham phones in and confidently predicted that they are going to beat us in the upcoming Derby a few wins and they are getting ahead of themselves again 

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, liverpoolsno9 said:

As far as sponsorship values go, the Blueshite should be in the top 4, given their history. 

catcherintherye

catcherintherye

Player Valuation: £70m
He can't sponsor us for whatever he wants it has to be a sensible amount, he'll never be allowed to sponsor the piss pots in lower bullens for 10 million a year. If the sky 6 start complaining about his sponsorship being over market value then we'll get investigated and likely punished.
How are you going to make a legal case for what is a fair market value, if he sponsors things where a market does not exist?

I'd also add, legally the club can make a very straightforward and easy argument that we are 4th most successful in terms of leagues won, joint 1st for the number of years we have held the top division title, most seasons, 2nd most points, the only club to be founder members of the FL and PL (while maintaining an ever present place) and have had the 2nd longest unbroken run in the top flight. Objectively, and from a legal standpoint it is a very clear argument that commercially we ought to be somewhere between 1st to 4th in terms of sponsorship values.

The club have radically underperformed to the market test over the last 20 years. This would be any legal conclusion drawn from Everton finally negotiating deals befitting of our status (Ie in or around the top 4 deals).

Hahahaha he missed the first club to ever.... aah fuck it. Embarrassing. 

• Upvote 1

The Liverpool thread on GOT hasn’t been posted on for 15 minutes short of two full days.

thats madness for them.

until you take a read of their thread about city’s ban and realise that’s 5% about city, 15% about uncle Uzzy, and 80% about us.

The mongs on GOT seem to want city to succeed against UEFA completly missing the point that city cheating has been to the detriment  of the entire league including themselves. 

2 minutes ago, Leyton388 said:

The mongs on GOT seem to want city to succeed against UEFA completly missing the point that city cheating has been to the detriment  of the entire league including themselves. 

How they feel about things is measured by if it will help us or not. 
You would think that a team who is not too far from 5th, which may bring a CL place which they feel is so richly deserved would want City to fail? But no, yet again, it’s not about their own team, it’s about us. Fucking crazy 

4 hours ago, Tj hooker said:

Was listening to yesterday's 606 on the way home tonight an Evertonian from my home town Wrexham phones in and confidently predicted that they are going to beat us in the upcoming Derby a few wins and they are getting ahead of themselves again 

They do realise we aren't likely to play the U12's this time aren't they ?

• Upvote 2

8 hours ago, Horus said:

I didn't realise how much I want Everton war poetry util now.

They trudge the worn and mud strewn ways,

Weary to their bones, their silence betrays,

Spewed bile the dressing for their wounds,

Heysel, VAR, Ifithadntbeenfer loons,

The shellshocked accounts, the money gone,

The trench long breached named Goodison.

• Upvote 13

9 hours ago, Horus said:

I didn't realise how much I want Everton war poetry util now.

The Goodison Guns by S.Baldrick

Boo boo boo boo

Boo boo boo

Boo boo boo boo

Boo boo boo

• Like 1
  • Upvote 11

I was talking to Jimmy, the Ancelotti-alike manager of the Vernon last night. He was saying that he gets a lot of people staring in the street these days. One fella even stopped and asked (in the kind of stilted way idiots do when they're talking to someone foreign) " DO. YOU. MANAGE. A. FOOTBALL.  TEAM?"

Jimmy answered in kind

"YES. AND. THEY'RE.  SHITE."

• Like 1
  • Upvote 4

On 14/02/2020 at 07:25, Colt Seavers said:

I hate the fact they still give this trophy to the Championship winners.

Yep. It should be given the team who has won the most titles to keep. I know that means ManU would have it but not for fucking long. 

On 17/02/2020 at 14:37, liverpoolsno9 said:

As far as sponsorship values go, the Blueshite should be in the top 4, given their history. 

catcherintherye

catcherintherye

Player Valuation: £70m
He can't sponsor us for whatever he wants it has to be a sensible amount, he'll never be allowed to sponsor the piss pots in lower bullens for 10 million a year. If the sky 6 start complaining about his sponsorship being over market value then we'll get investigated and likely punished.
How are you going to make a legal case for what is a fair market value, if he sponsors things where a market does not exist?

I'd also add, legally the club can make a very straightforward and easy argument that we are 4th most successful in terms of leagues won, joint 1st for the number of years we have held the top division title, most seasons, 2nd most points, the only club to be founder members of the FL and PL (while maintaining an ever present place) and have had the 2nd longest unbroken run in the top flight. Objectively, and from a legal standpoint it is a very clear argument that commercially we ought to be somewhere between 1st to 4th in terms of sponsorship values.

The club have radically underperformed to the market test over the last 20 years. This would be any legal conclusion drawn from Everton finally negotiating deals befitting of our status (Ie in or around the top 4 deals).

Yes that is definitely an argument that would hold up in a courtroom. Absolutely no doubt.

7 minutes ago, Strontium Dog™ said:

You don't have to be the fourth biggest club in the country to be the fourth biggest club in the country...

... but you do have to be the beneficiaries of the two greatest global conflicts in history.

3 minutes ago, Tj hooker said:

Almost 3 years after they said they would be BMD for the start of the 20-21 season things are progressing well on the new ground 

IMG_20200218_182804.jpg

They are flooding the pitch to bring the sub on.

• Upvote 6

28 minutes ago, manwiththestick said:

Three of them I know straight on Facebook at the final whistle, they can hardly contain themselves. 

Let me guess “these are shite. This is all you have to do against them”

”so and so is supposed to be world class - this says otherwise”

1 minute ago, belarus said:

Let me guess “these are shite. This is all you have to do against them”

”so and so is supposed to be world class - this says otherwise”

You think they'd learn wouldn't you....

Barcelona flags last year...