You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Summer 2011

Kopite Pete

We're crying out for pace in the final third. The lad at Hamburg (Elia?) in terms of pace is what we should be looking for, not seen enough of him to know if he's good enough or not though. I think it's important, if not essential, we buy someone who can accurately deliver from set-piecs for Carroll (possibly Adam?).

Baines, Young, Adam Johnson, Defour and Hazard would be a tidy summer. I reckon two of them are probably unattainable due to who they play for and I reckon we would bring Adam in ahead of Defour but I reckon Hazard will need a mate over here and I can't see Feillaini being at the shite next season

Steven Defour is a very talented player but he does seem very injury prone. Eden Hazard would be an excellent signing.

Baines, Young, Adam Johnson, Defour and Hazard would be a tidy summer. I reckon two of them are probably unattainable due to who they play for and I reckon we would bring Adam in ahead of Defour but I reckon Hazard will need a mate over here and I can't see Feillaini being at the shite next season

Defour always seems injured, not sure I would touch him.

I'm hoping that we go with a 4 3 3 as a standard formation as I think it suits the players we've already got who are good enough that you would want to keep.

Get a couple of quality full backs in, someone to play with Suarez and Carrol in the front three, and a quality, dominant centre mid. I'd also keep Aquilani, he didn't get a fair go under Rafa and I'd much rather have him in the side than Charlie Adam or even Meireles.

I'm hoping that we go with a 4 3 3 as a standard formation as I think it suits the players we've already got who are good enough that you would want to keep.

Get a couple of quality full backs in, someone to play with Suarez and Carrol in the front three, and a quality, dominant centre mid. I'd also keep Aquilani, he didn't get a fair go under Rafa and I'd much rather have him in the side than Charlie Adam or even Meireles.

You'd rather Aqualani to Merelis, serious? Each to there own and all but I can't see how anybody would want that. I hope we do go back in for Adam, take the £13m for Aqualani.

If we can get rid if the players I mentioned and bring in a couple of bargins like Taiwo on a bosman and Adam for £6m, then hopefully we can spend big on flair players Young £12-14m and Hazzard for £20m. Maybe spend £10m on another striker if we decide to sell ngog

Squad will be much better off hopefully

I wrote a post last night but it doesn't seem to have appeared. I'd like to see us go for Baines and Adam as they would give us quality delivery with the left foot, along with whoever our new left winger is (Downing?). Apparently the mancs are in for Young so that might be a no go now, but there are plenty of other players out there. I also think we need to sell N'Gog and bring in another striker who is more of a goal threat, as all our rivals have three good strikers.

If Chelsea manage to oust Tottenham from the top four (like they damn well should!), I'd like us to go after Bale. He'd be a massive improvement to our left side. He would of course command a hefty fee, but I reckon he'd be worth it.

I'd rather we bought fewer, top quality players than spread our cash out. We desperately need to invest in the first team so that we make back into the top four next season and start challenging again.

First things first, get rid of these loanee's:

Degen

El Zhar

Insua

Konchesky

Darby

Then we need to sort out what on earth to do with Aquilani. I reckon give him another season if Juve or anyone else doesn't cough up a reasonable amount of cash.

I'd also get rid of the following, all of which will need replacing:

Cole

Jovanovic

Poulsen

Aurelio

Skrtel

Jones

I'd keep everyone else for another season at least as I personally think it'll be madness having any more outs in one go.

I don't see any need to replace Aurelio right now, he seems fit again (made it through 90 with no issues), still has world class delivery, isn't a slow player (never was pace-oriented), is on good value wages, is good for few goals and is a cool head. He's also not a bad defender by any means, he's clever and can adapt his game to the winger he's up against.

He's too one-footed to be played centrally more than absolutely necessary, but he's an asset who, for all his injuries, has been a good player for us.

If we are about to strengthen our squad we need to add a few things as I see it.

1. Pace in the final third

2. Players with a good first touch

3. Aerial ability in the back, a dominant central defender w. a footballing brain

4. Finally sort out the wide areas

5. A hard man in the middle ala mascherano

I think we have improved selling a sulky forward getting in two hungry ones w different qualities. I think we should go for Lukaku as well as an upcoming superstar and can add something extra to the squad.

Surely Degen must be nearing the end of his contract? Same with El Zhar?

Poulsen only being a recent purchase, is a problem but if he's got a decent agent then it shouldn't be a problem. And Roy is back in management.

Edit: Just seen Trucker's post - does that mean Degen has a year to go after this season?

Bloody hell. You have to wonder whether some of our former scouts were having their palms greased because we have overpaid massively in terms of contracts for some very mediocre players.

Degan barely kicked a ball in his last season at Dortmund as he was always injured, in 3 years there he played 68 games, I remember Dortmund fans were laughing at us when we signed him.

So we've a player who are scouts could have barely seen him play as he was always injured, he joins us and the injury pattern continues, something bloody stank alright and I don't give a fuck if people love rafa but what did he think was going to happen when signing him, I doubt he'd seen him play tbh