You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Summer 2011

Kopite Pete

Johnson would be a great signing but I cant see them selling to us unless sheer arrogance plays a part, which is not beyond the realms of possibility!

I can see some people are talking about sturridge but I think we need an established striker as if Suarez gets injured we are back in the shit imo.

There's plenty of talk about clubs not wanting to sell us players as they view us as a threat so why we should sell Miereles to Chelsea baffles me. They're going to be a top four rival for us so just why the fuck should we be selling them a quality midfielder? I'd be well pissed off if we sold Raul to the chavs. Bad business, that. If he has to go, he can go abroad, not to a rival.

philmcnulty Phil McNulty

Turkish TV reporting Arsenal agree £6.2m fee for Fenerbahce's Brazil left-back Andre Santos. #fb

Hamburg winger Eljero Elia would prefer playing in England to joining a club in Italy or Turkey, according to the player's representative.

Klaus Vink, the general director of the Fair Deal Sportsmanagement that looks after Elia, has revealed that his client is interested in a move to the Premier League this summer but warns that any potential deal will have to be wrapped up soon.

Elia is set to leave Hamburg before the end of the transfer window and Italian giants Juventus and Turkish side Galatasaray both have approached the Bundesliga team for the 24-year-old's services.

However, Elia is willing to ignore those offers and move to the English top-flight, says Vink, who also discloses that talks between HSV and Juve are going on.

"HSV and Juventus are negotiating," Vink told Dutch newspaper De Telegraaf. "Galatasaray have also contacted HSV.

"There are two interesting sides from England who have stated that they are interested. The players would prefer a move to that league.

"I have advised the England clubs to reach an agreement with HSV quickly. There is only limited time till September 1st and with Eljero at the Dutch national team there is another problem.

"However, I have already found a solution for that."

Adam Johnson and Downing interchanging on the wings would be magic.

I think Raul is off, which would be a shame because he's a great player and in an ideal world we'd keep him, but we're very strong in centre-midfield now and I think Yossi could win us more points over the season than Raul. He's got goals in him and I reckon him and Suarez would link up brilliantly.

Coates, Bellamy, Yossi and Johnson in and Raul, Cole, Poulsen, Degen and N'Gog out by Wednesday would be very good business.

Adam Johnson and Downing interchanging on the wings would be magic.

I think Raul is off, which would be a shame because he's a great player and in an ideal world we'd keep him, but we're very strong in centre-midfield now and I think Yossi could win us more points over the season than Raul. He's got goals in him and I reckon him and Suarez would link up brilliantly.

Coates, Bellamy, Yossi and Johnson in and Raul, Cole, Poulsen, Degen and N'Gog out by Wednesday would be very good business.

Benayoun spent two years at West Ham before joining Liverpool in 2007.

He scored 29 goals in 134 games for the Reds.

Not bad as most were as sub

Guest Numero Veinticinco

Adam Johnson is so fucking quick, but he's another player who'd be a Messi if only he could use his pace tp get him goals and assists. Lennon, Walcott, Babel, they'd all be world beaters if they could use their head as well as they can use their feet. But they can't. So they're not.

Johnson can beat a player, then go back and beat him again. Getting him to score a goal or create one, on the other hand, is seemingly impossible.

Johnson would be a great signing but I cant see them selling to us unless sheer arrogance plays a part, which is not beyond the realms of possibility!

It might be possible because they'll no longer look at us as challengers for that top 4 place, they're definitely going for the title now so might not see us as a threat. It'll probably come down to what Johnson wants to do though.

In for Zarate on Loan according to Tomkins

Dont see it,they were supposed to have told Inter to piss off when they ask for a loan.They wanted 20ml

bensmith_Times Ben Smith

#BWFC will come back with an improved offer for David Ngog. #LFC still in the market for a forward

Adam Johnson is so fucking quick, but he's another player who'd be a Messi if only he could use his pace tp get him goals and assists. Lennon, Walcott, Babel, they'd all be world beaters if they could use their head as well as they can use their feet. But they can't. So they're not.

Johnson can beat a player, then go back and beat him again. Getting him to score a goal or create one, on the other hand, is seemingly impossible.

He's not that quick tbh. He's also much more skillful and has far better balance than the speed merchants you've brought up there. Poor comparison imo.