You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

• Replies 793
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I would say so, yes. I don't rate Pacheco myself although i'd have preferred to have seen him today rather than Jovanovic.

I think Pacheco was poorly treated at the start of the season after his performances in the Euro U19s in the summer. His confidence was sky high and he had a lot of momentum. Albeit, under the right manager, deployed in the correct position, we could've seen once and for all if Pacheco is good enough at this level.

On the surface, you would expect Kenny to appreciate a player in the style of Pacheco more than most. Clearly, after taking a close look at him on a daily basis he has seen things he doesn't like, or hasn't seen things in him that he would expect in that style of player!

Kenny can't think much of Pacheco at all if he plays Jovanovic ahead of him!

Kenny Dalglish has confirmed that Raul Meireles was taken off in the 2nd half of today's 1-1 draw against Wigan because of sickness.

The boss also provided an update relating to Daniel Agger and Steven Gerrard who were both missing today.

Dalglish said: "Agger has an Adductor problem. He should be alright, he's not too bad. Both he and Steven will be days rather than weeks.

"Obviously we've got the Europa League on Thursday, whether they are fit for that, we'll just have to wait and see. We've not got a game after that until the following Thursday so we'll see how they are and go from there."

Asked why Meireles may have gone down with something, Dalglish added: "Well it's not the cooking at Melwood.

"It's just a bug. There's a bit of a virus floating about and he's been unfortunate to catch hold of it.

"It was just sickness. During the first half he didn't feel too clever. He spewed up at half-time. He tried to play on but I don't think it was fair to ask him to."

Also his post match interview is up on the BBC too now

BBC Sport - Football - Liverpool 1-1 Wigan

Edited by lucozade

Todays game showed how much we still rely on Gerrard and how pedestrian and slow we can be as a team.

We need to be faster and more dynamic to take that next step into the shake up.

Suarez looks like a Keegan or Beardsley to me and gives me a lot of optimism in his future at the club.

Possibly a case today of needless friendlies during the week costing us big time,I mean didnt Meireles have to travel to Argentina for a friendly? What was that all about!

That's the key for me. We're desperate for pace, particularly offensively. We just can't break quick enough because of this.

Poor performance that, just never looked like we wanted to know when we were the goal ahead.

Kind of thankful for the reality check though. Because you look at that starting line-up, with players like Maxi, Kuyt, Skrtel, Carra, Fabio...all good players, we just need better ones.

Balance wasn't there either, certainly on the left side.

And we really need someone in the middle with a bit of bite to their game.

Though Suarez was wonderful. Looks about five steps ahead of any of our other attacking players though sadly, but exciting to think what he could do with one or two more players around him that are on something like the same wavelength.

Dalglish said: "Agger has an Adductor problem. He should be alright, he's not too bad.

This is Aggers career here in one sentence.

Gets in the side,plays brilliantly and then gets a silly little injury that keeps him out of games,usually a fair few but lets hope not this time.

I have no arguments over Aggers ability,he is a top player but the amount of injuries he picks up must be a concern for both the Coaching staff and the owners.

Would have Agger over Skrtel any day but if he keeps picking up injuries there might be a question mark over his future.

We've got to learn how to play on Saturdays at 3pm. Just seems so fucking alien to be there, weird atmosphere usually as well, like people have forgotten how to get an atmosphere going.

Would love to ask Kenny about Pacheco. Just cannot fathom why he gets no game time, if he was that shite then he wouldn't get a place on the bench even, so it's not a lack of talent that is holding him back.

I'd be amazed if we ever get a full uninterrupted season with Agger. While he is an asset and that style of CD is also important to the attacking ethos of a team, with what we should be challenging for in the coming season, his injuries will be too disruptive to the team.

I'd sell him and sign another technical CD.

Kenny Dalglish has confirmed that Raul Meireles was taken off in the 2nd half of today's 1-1 draw against Wigan because of sickness.

The boss also provided an update relating to Daniel Agger and Steven Gerrard who were both missing today.

Dalglish said: "Agger has an Adductor problem. He should be alright, he's not too bad. Both he and Steven will be days rather than weeks.

"Obviously we've got the Europa League on Thursday, whether they are fit for that, we'll just have to wait and see. We've not got a game after that until the following Thursday so we'll see how they are and go from there."

Asked why Meireles may have gone down with something, Dalglish added: "Well it's not the cooking at Melwood.

"It's just a bug. There's a bit of a virus floating about and he's been unfortunate to catch hold of it.

"It was just sickness. During the first half he didn't feel too clever. He spewed up at half-time. He tried to play on but I don't think it was fair to ask him to."

Also his post match interview is up on the BBC too now

BBC Sport - Football - Liverpool 1-1 Wigan

Christ, looking at the way he took his goal he'd have probably hit a first half hattrick if he'd been 100%.

Would have Agger over Skrtel any day but if he keeps picking up injuries there might be a question mark over his future.

This.

Unless we have someone else who can step into his shoes, then it's always going to be a helluva comedown when we go from him in the side to him not being in the side. It unsettles us massively, but then again the big problem is his CB partners not having the same ability and athleticism.

But we're not alone in this problem, Chelsea suffered massively when Carvalho was absent, and United too when Ferdinand was absent, the replacements are not in the same class bracket.

But my big gripe about it is that we DO have Wilson in the reserves, a left footed, attacking, confident centre back.

We need another CB with some quality on the ball.

We have one.

A young Hyypia with some pace

We have one of them too.

Shame that one needs to work his way in and the other is both too inexperienced right now and has only just gotten back from injury.

cara is more of the problem than agger injuries. At 33, this should be his last season and a young but promising CB should replace him and support agger incase he's injuried.

For those who may have seen bits of him at Rangers, while still raw, and also a left CD; D Wilson seems quite an elegant CD. Can he link midfield from defense like Agger?

Though Suarez was wonderful. Looks about five steps ahead of any of our other attacking players though sadly, but exciting to think what he could do with one or two more players around him that are on something like the same wavelength.

Without Gerrard we were totally relying on Suarez and Miereles for creativity. That isn't going to change until Carroll is fit and we get some quality in the summer. We are still 3/4 first teamers short of a top four team.

Dear Football Association,

Could we only have lady linespeople at Anfield from now on.

Ta,

LFC.

On a serious note, I was thinking about the fullback situation with Johnson on the left and Kelly on the right. While the former does a job and the latter is boss, I really don't think it has the look of a long-term setup. Am I right in thinking that Kelly has more often trained through his youth days as a centre back rather than a fullback? I wonder if we may not ultimately see him drafted into the middle as he gains in experience. He has the composure and most of the technical qualities to defend in the centre, is well over six foot (I think?) and very comfortable moving forward with the ball at his feet.

In that case Johnson could go back to the right and we'd need to get a proper left back in obviously. But with the long term in view, might be the best fit for what we've got.

That fucking ref was a load of my arse. How the fuck that cunt never got a second yellow is a mystery.

I haven't seen it on the telly yet but, having watched it as it happened, it makes me think the question should be "How the fuck that cunt got a first yellow, when there was absolutely no contact, is a mystery".

You wont find me defending Gary Caldwell very often, but there was nothing in that first yellow, apart from an expensive Uruguayan footballer going down like a cheap Kensington brass.

Today showed how much Agger, or a player like him, is needed. We were back to panic situations in defence, and hoofed the ball more than before with Dalglish in charge, the CBs played poorly.

We were tired, but the better team, maybe not by much, but still better. Shame Suarez could not get a goal, he showed a lot of good stuff. I love the idea of Meireles (or Gerrard) right at the edge of the box at set pieces. Goals will follow.

Well like many on the forum i had the displeasure of watching an horrific performance today from the reds. Let me stress Kenny is the man for the job and has reinvigourated the team's confidence and sense of purpose although today's display was a stark reminder of the limitations at the King's disposal. What i witnessed today was a team lacking pace, creativity, guile and craft to a monumental scale against relegation cannon fodder. How many times have we seen it the past 2 years Liverpool beating a top team like Chelsea and then putting in a shocking performance against relegation material. Sounds all to familiar ehh? The reasons are all to apparent. When Liverpool have to take the initiative and dominate proceedings they suffer badly due to the fact they haven't got the players to play quality,technical football with pace and precision especially without Gerrard and Agger who brings it out brilliantly and distributes it brilliantly.

I'd also like to concentrate on the playing staff today. Dirk Kuyt today was absolutely dreadful. I dont think i have ever seen a least skilled Dutchman. Couldn't trap a bag of cement for 90 minutes and even Fairclough on the commentry flagged his lack of technique ( probably just as pi**ed off with as i am going by his tone). A microcosm of our problems is Kuyt. slow, ponderous and technically inpet. a warrior but criminally limited. Has to go in my opinion. We will never progress as a class offensive team with a momentum killer in our team. Maxi Rodriguez. What does this journeyman contribute consistently?? Absolutely nothing is the answer. Flirts in and out of the game playing the ball square lacking ant sort of quality. Slow and ponderous like Kuyt, Another one that needs shipping out ASAP. Lucas Leiva? An improved player when it comes to the physicality of the league but when it comes to dictating a game he's not your man. Lacks the pace and athleticism to run a game and passes it off sqaure time and again. By no means a poor player but not in a million years a liverpool midfield player. We will never win a league championship with this guy in our central midfield. Ben Watson and Diame totally bossed him today. Granted he wasn't asisted well by the paceless Aurelio but lacks the quality we need IMO.

To sum up we are a very very poor team technically. You cannot play pass and move football with a purpose without good players who have the technical skills and pace to make it work constructively. We have a squad littered with journeymen in my opinion. The fundamental problem is the lack of options in the wide areas and the lack of pace in the team allied to the fact we have no playmaker who can dictate and demand the ball off the center backs and knit it all together. Look at Wigan today a relegation team, they came to anfield and dominated,passed and moved it, had player with pace and technique ( N'Zogbia,Diame,Watson,Rodalllega,McCarthy). Cant attach any blame to Kenny he wants to play the liverpool way but hasn't got the players to implememt it consistently. When you have Kuyt, Maxi and Lucas in your team it's just not condusive tor good footbal on a consistent basis. I am delighted with The king's appointment i fee lhe is aware of the issues and prbblems and the players he deems as surplus to requirements in the summer. It's been stellar since his arrival in terms of results but let no one kid you this team needs a fair bit of investment and restructuring in the summer.

Well like many on the forum i had the displeasure of watching an horrific performance today from the reds. Let me stress Kenny is the man for the job and has reinvigourated the team's confidence and sense of purpose although today's display was a stark reminder of the limitations at the King's disposal. What i witnessed today was a team lacking pace, creativity, guile and craft to a monumental scale against relegation cannon fodder. How many times have we seen it the past 2 years Liverpool beating a top team like Chelsea and then putting in a shocking performance against relegation material. Sounds all to familiar ehh? The reasons are all to apparent. When Liverpool have to take the initiative and dominate proceedings they suffer badly due to the fact they haven't got the players to play quality,technical football with pace and precision especially without Gerrard and Agger who brings it out brilliantly and distributes it brilliantly.

I'd also like to concentrate on the playing staff today. Dirk Kuyt today was absolutely dreadful. I dont think i have ever seen a least skilled Dutchman. Couldn't trap a bag of cement for 90 minutes and even Fairclough on the commentry flagged his lack of technique ( probably just as pi**ed off with as i am going by his tone). A microcosm of our problems is Kuyt. slow, ponderous and technically inpet. a warrior but criminally limited. Has to go in my opinion. We will never progress as a class offensive team with a momentum killer in our team. Maxi Rodriguez. What does this journeyman contribute consistently?? Absolutely nothing is the answer. Flirts in and out of the game playing the ball square lacking ant sort of quality. Slow and ponderous like Kuyt, Another one that needs shipping out ASAP. Lucas Leiva? An improved player when it comes to the physicality of the league but when it comes to dictating a game he's not your man. Lacks the pace and athleticism to run a game and passes it off sqaure time and again. By no means a poor player but not in a million years a liverpool midfield player. We will never win a league championship with this guy in our central midfield. Ben Watson and Diame totally bossed him today. Granted he wasn't asisted well by the paceless Aurelio but lacks the quality we need IMO.

To sum up we are a very very poor team technically. You cannot play pass and move football with a purpose without good players who have the technical skills and pace to make it work constructively. We have a squad littered with journeymen in my opinion. The fundamental problem is the lack of options in the wide areas and the lack of pace in the team allied to the fact we have no playmaker who can dictate and demand the ball off the center backs and knit it all together. Look at Wigan today a relegation team, they came to anfield and dominated,passed and moved it, had player with pace and technique ( N'Zogbia,Diame,Watson,Rodalllega,McCarthy). Cant attach any blame to Kenny he wants to play the liverpool way but hasn't got the players to implememt it consistently. When you have Kuyt, Maxi and Lucas in your team it's just not condusive tor good footbal on a consistent basis. I am delighted with The king's appointment i fee lhe is aware of the issues and prbblems and the players he deems as surplus to requirements in the summer. It's been stellar since his arrival in terms of results but let no one kid you this team needs a fair bit of investment and restructuring in the summer.

fuckin hell!! that was some rant