You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Kenny Huang linked to Liverpool takeover

Wor Horse

This farce needs to end and end in the next few days. Broughton has so far proved Rick Parry levels of competence. Every week is "next week".

What, by remaining silent on this? Taking his time over every (or any) bid to try and ensure we don't get another Hicks and Gillett? By not issuing some kind of statement every 10 minutes so when you sit there hitting refresh on your pc every 30 seconds you can be satisfied?

This is the problem with the internet. People actually think there will be news every hour. There won’t be. Huang has said nothing for days now. Broughton has said nothing at all. But as each bit of speculation comes out from the press, people actually have a go at the people the speculation is about? I am regularly seeing people stating that they are sick of all the talking Huang is doing? It’s crazy.

I would suggest people only make decisions on direct press releases from the people directly involved. Make comments all you want on the latest comment from a paper, but keep in mind that it is speculation, and even if written in good faith, the source may be corrupted.

I’ve actually heard that some people from RAWK are going to reveal a banner at the Arsenal game with Broughton on it along with Hicks and Gillett?? If this is true it is bloody stupid. Broughton may the only one at that club who can actually help us, so loading him in the Cancer and Aids is just bloody stupid. We don’t have to trust Broughton or like him, but to now state he is as bad as Hicks and Gillette is just stupid.

• Replies 5.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Numero Veinticinco
Broughton's been appointed on April to sell the club. We're here in August without even one credible bid.

He has been here four months and has up to six initial bids/proposals on the table. Where you expecting something quicker than this?

Now I'm completely aware that Broughton doesn't control the market. However, he's made a lot of statements regarding the sale that were never backed up, so excuse me for starting to have my doubts.

What do you mean never backed up? You do know we're likely about to be bought out?

Having doubts is one thing, calling him as competent as Parry is another thing all together.

He said when he came that he believed a sale would be completed in a couple of months

No he didn't, he said ''a matter of months''. It has been almost exactly four.

then he'd said he expects the first round of bids to come in mid-July, he said there are 6 interested parties just last week.

Which is exactly what has happened.

There is nothing.

Are you living in a fucking bubble?

We're here in August without one formal offer on the table.

We're here in August with proposals on the table waiting to be recommended to the shareholders in the next couple of days.

We read reports about him demanding from potential suitors to show him the money, but if they haven't shown him the money, they are not bids nor are they credible suitors.

You clearly have no idea how business deals work.

They are pie in the sky because they don't exist. There are no bids. If there was a credible bid, it would have been all over the press.

Again, are you living in a fucking bubble?

I'm not against Broughton, I think he's in a tough position, but so far, he hasn't delivered anything he's said.

Complete nonsense.

You can hide the details, there's been no hiding of the proposed bidders. Except possibly the ones who have requested to not be named.

But to use the logic that if you cannot see it, then it doesn't exist is ... mad.

You are sounding like a spoilt child, we all want to see the details, we all want to know more but for now we do not. I'm actually encouraged that there are so few details out there because in real business that is how things are done.

I can understand that viewpoint, that the more quiet things are then the better, but I don't think it's possible with the amount of people involved in this mess. If you think there is someone out there who has made a concrete bid for the club and we don't know of it, it's possible, however if it was true, I think G&H would have definitely leaked it. And they would have used PR to either promote it or destroy it, just like they're doing with Huang.

If even they don't know of it, then what is Broughton doing? You'd think he'd be immediately on the case. Why isn't he discussing it with G&H? Like I said, too many people involved in this mess, and many of them have a lot of interest to leak as much as possible to the press.

Guest davelfc
I can understand that viewpoint, that the more quiet things are then the better, but I don't think it's possible with the amount of people involved in this mess. If you think there is someone out there who has made a concrete bid for the club and we don't know of it, it's possible, however if it was true, I think G&H would have definitely leaked it. And they would have used PR to either promote it or destroy it, just like they're doing with Huang.

If even they don't know of it, then what is Broughton doing? You'd think he'd be immediately on the case. Why isn't he discussing it with G&H? Like I said, too many people involved in this mess, and many of them have a lot of interest to leak as much as possible to the press.

We're not talking about some amateurs like coco and freddie boswell, we're not talking about a transfer where everyone and the woman at the post office knows. Maybe, just maybe, Broughton has brought some of the professionalism he's known and respected for with him?

Plus if the Chinese are involved do you really expect to get a leak?

I wonder how Sky are feeling reading those quotes from Kirdi Fiddler!

Personally, I think we all just have to take a step back, each and every day you can take one article from one paper and then another article from another paper and they both contradict each other!

We do know Huang is interested because he has said so! He also said he would not be releasing anything more, we have been told there are five bids, two of which are discounted, we have been told the Indians are no longer interested, and today we are told that no 'actual' bids have been received, the press makes no sense.

I'll ignore the one liners with all due respect

He has been here four months and has up to six initial bids/proposals on the table. Where you expecting something quicker than this?

If you really think there are six proposals on the table, well then, fair enough. I guess we'll know soon. I think there is nothing credible other than Huang, and I hope Broughton manages to maneuver G&H out of the club with that interest.

What do you mean never backed up? You do know we're likely about to be bought out?

Again, your opinion. We've had how many false dawns? You never know what can happen.

Having doubts is one thing, calling him as competent as Parry is another thing all together.

Key words, so far. If something happens in the next few days, I'd be wrong of course. But I'm that's where I'm leaning.

How do you know Broughton isn't talking to G&H? I'm not quite sure why you think selling the club is as easy as selling a car.

Syrian-born-businessman-Y-006.jpg

"This isn't like it used to be.... I still remember the good old days on the set, before I moved to Canada, before I pretended to be from the middle east.....before I bought that fucking pizza shop and couldn't stop eating...."

EastEnders-Nick-Cotton-pl-001.jpg

Guest Numero Veinticinco
I'll ignore the one liners with all due respect

Well, you're just ignoring things that make you look like a fanny, rather than the one liners.

I guess we'll know soon. I think there is nothing credible other than Huang

Right, so you've gone from 'There is nothing' to 'nothing credible other than Huang'. I guess that's improvement.

Again, your opinion. We've had how many false dawns? You never know what can happen.

It could fall through, thought that's unlikely to be Broughton's fault. However, you're saying that he is incompetent. He clearly isn't. In the space of four months he is on the verge of selling the football club - possibly to a consortium that is incredibly wealthy - and getting rid of the debt ridden ownership that has plagued us for three years. Exactly how is that incompetent? How is that nothing?

Key words, so far.

No, it's still wrong. He's done everything he said he would and he has done it in a professional manner.

Guest Numero Veinticinco
We all knew the fucking yanks were fucking on the take of our transfer money.

I hope the story leaks out and they are never allowed anywhere near a sports venue.....

I'd love it like Keegan if it turned out that they were caught doing something really bad. Could you imagine if they had massive fines or even a prison sentence. It'd be like Christmas and Birthday rolled into one.

Nueve is right.....Broughton has taken us in the right direction so far.....better than fucking DM ever did.

In any case let them take their time and analyze everything, let them decide who is the best for us and not the yeanks.

Rather we spent big in the January transfer window with good owners rather than get this one wrong all over again.

I'd love it like Keegan if it turned out that they were caught doing something really bad. Could you imagine if they had massive fines or even a prison sentence. It'd be like Christmas and Birthday rolled into one.

Karma baby, cant help it, what goes around comes around to kick you in ass till Sunday. They will get whats coming to them.

It could fall through, thought that's unlikely to be Broughton's fault. However, you're saying that he is incompetent. He clearly isn't. In the space of four months he is on the verge of selling the football club - possibly to a consortium that is incredibly wealthy - and getting rid of the debt ridden ownership that has plagued us for three years. Exactly how is that incompetent? How is that nothing?

We'll have to wait and see if this actually materializes because right now nothing you have said has actually been done.

I don't think things are as advanced as they are and I guess it's in the eyes of the beholder. I think this mess could take weeks to clear up, if at all. I guess have my doubts to Broughton's ability to sell the club in a deal which the Yanks will not favor. If a deal exists of course.

From TIA

I'm gonna stick my neck out and give you some information that I have recieved on the takeover of our club. Firstly I will not reveal my sources so don't even bother asking, also note this dialogue is "without prejudice". Secondly this information is only a snapshot of what is happening now and is subject to change depending on circumstance.

There were only four serious potential buyers interested in buying Liverpool FC, they are as follows:

Indian-based Sahara Group

American-based Rhone Group

Middle East-based - Yahya Kirdi Group

Chinese-based - Kenny Huang Group

Both the Indian and American based bids have now been ruled out leaving a two horse race between the Yaha Kirdi and Kenny Huang groups. With the Liverpool board consisting of Martin Broughton, Christian Purslow, Ian Ayre, George Gillett and Tom Hicks. Both George Gillett and Tom Hicks do not hold the majority vote, therefore they cannot stop the sale of the club without securing an additional vote.

Middle East-based - Yahya Kirdi Group

The information I have reieved is that this consortium is backed by Sheikh Mohammed bin Rashid Al Maktoum, the ruler of Dubai and Vice President of the United Arab Emirates (UAE).

Chinese-based - Kenny Huang Group

There is a lot of confusion surounding this consortium, note the CIC is not in any form associated with him what so ever. In reference to financial wealth of this consortium, it's on par with the Yahya group.

Decision:

Regarding the decision on the clubs future, that is being decided NOW. The board are taking every precaution not to reproduce past mistakes. I am very confident that the new owners of Liverpool with be the Yahya Kirdi Group, The Chinese bid will be ruled out based on moral virtue, as they do not have the best interests of Liverpool football club at heart.

Scandal:

There has been a MAJOR incident involving the misuse of club funds which has been discovered during the due diligence process. Fortunately this hasn't affected the sale process, but one of the club owners could well find himself in very hot water. This story should break after the sale of the club, this was one of the reasons Bentez left the club as he is high moral standard.

Or forced out?

which throws doubt on the whole story

We'll have to wait and see if this actually materializes because right now nothing you have said has actually been done.

Except we know the process is underway, in exactly the same manner as Broughton said to the time frames Broughton set out.

Bids are there and according to reports being considered this week.

Everything that he has said has been done, what is your evidence to the contrary?

I don't think things are as advanced as they are and I guess it's in the eyes of the beholder.

Please enlighten us with the evidence you have used to draw this conclusion. Use either direct sources or even inferred ones.

I think this mess could take weeks to clear up, if at all.

It may take weeks to complete a deal but as long as the right deal is accepted we can put up with a few weeks to finalise it given what we've gone through over the last 3 year.

Why is it a problem for you and why are you blaming Broughton if it means we get good new owners but it takes a few weeks?

I guess have my doubts to Broughton's ability to sell the club in a deal which the Yanks will not favor. If a deal exists of course.

Why do you have doubts over Broughton's ability to sell? What info have you seen that makes you come to that decision?

You do know that the banks have forced the sale and the owner's can't block a sale don't you? You do know there is a board vote of which the owners are outnumbered?

You do also know there are offers on the table, don't you? What evidence do you have to draw the conclusion that no deals are there?

Do you not think that some deals may be under wraps? For example there are strong rumours that Ambani has a deal on the table. No one has reported it but a source on YNWA claims a deal is there and has been on the table for several weeks.

Just because some bidders choose not to make their bids through the press doesn't mean they aren't there.

In any case let them take their time and analyze everything, let them decide who is the best for us and not the yeanks.

Surely 'two months thinking time' is to take us to RBS' October deadline and gain some advantage of the desire for a sale.