You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

The David Moores Letter

What did you think of the letter from DM?  

115 members have voted

1. 1. What did you think of the letter from DM?

• Excellent.
    • Good, but could have gone a bit further
    • Disappointing
    • Completely pointless

• Replies 410
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I haven't posted on here for ages and have only got round to reading this thread (well skimmed it mostly).

Anyway, I really take exception to the Times intimating that Moores didn't speak out sooner because a fan had leaked to another reporter about an interview. The only reason the Times got that letter in the first place is because of the effort of two good friends of mine who had the gumption to go to Moore's house when no one else had the bottle to.

As for leaking it to other members of the press, ATK and Dougie reported back on here what was said at both meetings almost as soon as they could. To say they leaked anything else is complete and utter bollocks.

They should have been given thanks in the podcast by the Times let alone blamed for Moores' delay in issuing a statement.

As for Moores, you really are living in a fucking bubble. To start with you don't need to apologise is a kin to spitting in mine and every other fans face. One of the reasons you gave for not selling to DIC was because they never ordered the steel. Why wasn't that pre-requisite applied to Gillett and Hicks?

You didn't do your due dilligence and relied on the word of paid representatives of Gillett and Hicks to vouch for them. You and Parry are a disgrace, your letter was a disgrace and so are the Times for the way they've tried to sell out two really good reds who had they bottle to do what they and no one else had done previously.

I haven't posted on here for ages and have only got round to reading this thread (well skimmed it mostly).

Anyway, I really take exception to the Times intimating that Moores didn't speak out sooner because a fan had leaked to another reporter about an interview. The only reason the Times got that letter in the first place is because of the effort of two good friends of mine who had the gumption to go to Moore's house when no one else had the bottle to.

As for leaking it to other members of the press, ATK and Dougie reported back on here what was said at both meetings almost as soon as they could. To say they leaked anything else is complete and utter bollocks.

They should have been given thanks in the podcast by the Times let alone blamed for Moores' delay in issuing a statement.

As for Moores, you really are living in a fucking bubble. To start with you don't need to apologise is a kin to spitting in mine and every other fans face. One of the reasons you gave for not selling to DIC was because they never ordered the steel. Why wasn't that pre-requisite applied to Gillett and Hicks?

You didn't do your due dilligence and relied on the word of paid representatives of Gillett and Hicks to vouch for them. You and Parry are a disgrace, your letter was a disgrace and so are the Times for the way they've tried to sell out two really good reds who had they bottle to do what they and no one else had done previously.

Hear hear.

David-Moores-has-previous-001.jpg

That face could have been used by Eisenstein to demonstrate the principle of montage. Show it alongside an image of a drum-playing gorilla, a whistling kettle, a man on a tightrope, an unlocked door, Peter Purves, a sickly dog, a heated argument in the Leyland Transport Museum, a speech by Ed Balls, a Dublin sky or Jimmy Stewart confronting a nun on a staircase, and it will send out the right signals. It's a face of such bewildering blankness, stained only by indeterminate anxiety, you can only pity the soul behind it. Best of all: show it alongside a large poster that says, 'Out of his depth'.

you need to get out more, you fucking lunatic

Agreed. Moores obviously decided to do something because of the pressure brought to bear.

Simple thing would be for Mick and Al to come out and say the allegation of leaking was a lie and then the focus can be turned on to The Times and presumably their self serving nonsense.

Agreed. Moores obviously decided to do something because of the pressure brought to bear.

Simple thing would be for Mick and Al to come out and say the allegation of leaking was a lie and then the focus can be turned on to The Times and presumably their self serving nonsense.

Graham, It was common knowledge that Moores was going to release a statement via the Times. We posted as much on the forum at the time. It was also widely known in the media circles as I had journos from other papers asking "why the Times" When we were told of Moores intentions at the time, it was never a condition that it went no further. Kev Sampson I'm sure can confirm this if he's asked.

Moores said he would make a statement after the season had ended and he did. As far as I'm concerned it was job done, maximum publicity gained. It even coaxed Hicks out from under his rock.

If myself and Al were guilty of anything it was keeping people informed. We live and learn eh.

Graham' date=' It was common knowledge that Moores was going to release a statement via the Times. We posted as much on the forum at the time. It was also widely known in the media circles as I had journos from other papers asking "why the Times" When we were told of Moores intentions at the time, it was never a condition that it went no further. Kev Sampson I'm sure can confirm this if he's asked.

Moores said he would make a statement after the season had ended and he did. As far as I'm concerned it was job done, maximum publicity gained. It even coaxed Hicks out from under his rock.

[b']If myself and Al were guilty of anything it was keeping people informed.[/b] We live and learn eh.

And speaking for myself, it was greatly appreciated.

Graham' date=' It was common knowledge that Moores was going to release a statement via the Times. We posted as much on the forum at the time. It was also widely known in the media circles as I had journos from other papers asking "why the Times" When we were told of Moores intentions at the time, it was never a condition that it went no further. Kev Sampson I'm sure can confirm this if he's asked.

If myself and Al were guilty of anything it was keeping people informed. We live and learn eh.[/quote']

Mick, this is always the problem when only half a story gets aired, there's innuendo and people putting one and one together and getting three.

At least the Moores stuff has got out even if you guys sharing the proposed interview with The Times is now being used as a reason why it was delayed (according to The Times).

I agree, we all live and learn in these things.