You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Moving Forward

HBenn

Its is always horrible on the occasions when we get beat by Utd and in the current plight it is even worse. I have got to be honest and say that I think the Mancs will win the title this year and that is made worse by the fact that we are at a real crossroads, both in terms of management and ownership. I remember a similar time in 2004 when Gerard Houllier was in charge but at the back of my mind I still felt that if he was replaced then the new manager would be given money and would be able to be competitive with the top teams.

The problem is now that I am not convinced that will be the case this summer. If I am honest for the last two-three summers I have thought this will be the big summer when there will be some big change i.e. the owners will be forced to sell up, the youth system will be sorted out, we will make a statement in the transfer window.

This frustation is compounded by the fact that in my opinion we have in Gerrard, Carragher, Torres, Reina and Mascherano players that really want to achieve in the same way us fans want to and they are being held back by the muppets in charge who are just trying to stangle the life out of the club.

From the comments I have read, there are a lot of people that are depressed, frustrated and annoyed but I think that all this just shows how important is that we carry on doing the work done by the likes of Stevie H, Simon and SOS as it gives us a chink of light and hope that eventually that we can get rid of these pair and hopefully ensure that any new parties that come in will at least be subject to proper scrutiny and we will not see a repeat of the farcical takeover that allowed Hicks and Gillett in the first place.

There are no guarantees that the actions will ensure we get the owners we want but if we let apathy takeover then we are properly screwed.