You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Kuyt

Carradona

• Replies 440
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Carragher is one of them. Kuyt is certainly one of them too.

If there was a poll where you have to pick the three players that have been the most dissapointing this season ( not the worst, but most dissapointing in regard to ability ), I think Kuyt would top that list by far, maybe followed by Carragher.

They would both make my top three list.

Voronin as shit as he is dont infuriate me as much as an actual decent player stinking the place out for months. For me that is much harder to take. And Kuyt has these "stinking-spells" each season for 2 or 3 months at a time.

If there was a poll where you have to pick the three players that have been the most dissapointing this season ( not the worst, but most dissapointing in regard to ability ), I think Kuyt would top that list by far, maybe followed by Carragher.

They would both make my top three list.

Voronin as shit as he is dont infuriate me as much as an actual decent player stinking the place out for months. For me that is much harder to take. And Kuyt has these "stinking-spells" each season for 2 or 3 months at a time.

Agreed.

Carra and Kuyt are the main culprits I think. Mascherano has been poor at times too.

Agreed about Voronin too. We don't expect him to perform so it doesn't come as a huge surprise.

You think Kuyt IS performing?!

I logged on about half an hour ago and have read that Kuyt IS indeed performing well and that Lucas IS better on the ball than Alonso was.

Most knowledgable supporters, my arse.

I think Kuyt has been fine.

Don't agree about that Lucas / Alonso statement though - that is crazy.

Kuyt is not a problem at the club.

With got many problems, but he's not one of them.

Other than the fact that he's garbage and a massive weak link in our attack?

He goes through a purple patch every season and chips in with a few goals when the team are playing well, mainly thanks to the quality of others around him. The rest of the time he's a lumbering headless chicken. Though I imagine a headless chicken has a better first touch.

Given the lack of quality, Gerrard would be my choice in that role, with Aqualini in behind Torres.

A player like him on the right is needed for several reasons. First, especially when we have Johnson available, we need someone who is willing to cover and chase back. The same point was true yesterday, as well, Carragher was all over the place, and needed help all through the game.

Second, he does provide a goal threat. He had an excellent effort yesterday, a good save by the goalkeeper.

Third, his presence is an absolute nuisance to the other team. Kuyt is a bit of a dirty player, elbows, kicks, pushing, pulling. Not am easy player to play against. This provides space and time for others to do what they need to do.

His control is poor, and he is slow, there is no doubt about it. His sees the passes just fine, but he often cannot execute what he sees due to poor control. That is why he is 9 million signing, not a 20 million signing.

Overall he is a useful player, frustrating, yes, but useful. Unlike Voronin, who is just frustrating and should be dropped from the first team squad immediately. Play anyone else instead of him, Pacheco, Babel, Eccleston, anyone. It would be better to terminate his contract, whatever it costs, with immediate effect.

£9million signings should be able to do the basics - like consistently control the ball and pass it accurately over 5 and 10 yards. In terms of technique, Kuyt is the worst player we've got - all the defenders are better footballers than him, and I'd much rather have a defender (full back) in his position (wide right) than him.

£9million signings should be able to do the basics - like consistently control the ball and pass it accurately over 5 and 10 yards. In terms of technique, Kuyt is the worst player we've got - all the defenders are better footballers than him, and I'd much rather have a defender (full back) in his position (wide right) than him.

He isn't the worst player we've got don't be so fucking silly.

Like every player Kuyt is prone to a bad run, and yes he does get them and yes when he's bad he's fucking awful, however he is continuously played even when he's shit, that is the problem.

Other than the fact that he's garbage and a massive weak link in our attack?

He goes through a purple patch every season and chips in with a few goals when the team are playing well, mainly thanks to the quality of others around him. The rest of the time he's a lumbering headless chicken. Though I imagine a headless chicken has a better first touch.

Given the lack of quality, Gerrard would be my choice in that role, with Aqualini in behind Torres.

I prefer this Mo mo

mo-mowlam-415x521.jpg

Guest Dog Chaser

Dirk Kuyt has very poor technical ability, which becomes accepted because of his hard work and a knack of scoring a few goals now and again. He certainly is in bad form at the moment, perhaps once Kelly and Johnson are fit we could give those two a go down the right side.

Quality wide men are few and far between, its a position thats hard to play consistently well in.

How shit does he have to play to be dropped?

His performances against United, Arsenal, Fulham and Lyon tonight have been abysmal and he definitely deserves to be dropped.

He was playing well before these games but he has been ridiculously bad in the games I have mentioned. Wether it has been his shit first touch or his lack of knowledge of when to shoot or pass, it just hasn't been going well for him recently.

Drop him and give him a break.

And that twat Voronin. I hope he gets threatened out of the country the shithouse.

Agreed with all the above - he has been wank for some time now. Swear there are some wind-up merchants on here. I don't give a shit about opinions - if you think Kuyt has played well this season you are either blind or Dutch! Drop him Rafa :wallbutt:

Dirk Kuyt has very poor technical ability, which becomes accepted because of his hard work and a knack of scoring a few goals now and again. He certainly is in bad form at the moment, perhaps once Kelly and Johnson are fit we could give those two a go down the right side.

Quality wide men are few and far between, its a position thats hard to play consistently well in.

Just said this in another thread. I think Kelly deserves a go in the team, perhaps against weaker (Birmingham) opposition. He's not fit at the moment but the thought of having Kelly learn his trade alongside Carra with the reins off Johnson excites me. Dirk just slows the play down because it takes him a few touches to get the ball under control. :wallbutt:

I think Kuyt has been fine.

Don't agree about that Lucas / Alonso statement though - that is crazy.

In my opinion, this season, Lucas has done much more than Kuyt.

If you get a chance, watch the repeats on LFC.tv mate. United or Arsenal or Fulham or Lyon. Just keep an eye on Kuyt and then come back here.

He has been utter rubbish this season, mostly.

If Kuyt was a boxer he'd be a slugger, he's incapable of doing anything other than coming straight ahead. He has no footballing brain at all, in fact he's the most frustrating player I've seen on that score since Leonhardsen, who also had a similar rep in the very early days as a 'man who'll run for ever'.

Hard work means nothing without the ability to do something constructive with a football.

If Kuyt was a boxer he'd be a slugger, he's incapable of doing anything other than coming straight ahead. He has no footballing brain at all, in fact he's the most frustrating player I've seen on that score since Leonhardsen, who also had a similar rep in the very early days as a 'man who'll run for ever'.

Hard work means nothing without the ability to do something constructive with a football.

Leonhardsen was total shite and offer the sum total of fuck all when he was here. For all his faults, at least Dirk goes forward. I'm not altogether sure how Leonhardsen managed to score six goals for us, as all I remember of him was receiving the ball from one of our full backs, stopping, turning round and giving it straight back to him.

Dirk is a very frustrating player, I agree, even when playing well. However, he occasionally does something constructive with a football (sticking it in the net) and tends to do this either in important games, or at important times in games.

I agree with a previous post on here which mentioned he tends to play well when surrounded by better players. This ties in with my thoughts on our good teams, who also had the odd workhorse in them, who were nowhere near as good as the star players of those teams.

I just think he's bog standard Gaz and it's overlooked due to the fact he runs a lot (and not with any real intelligence behind the runs for that matter) and I think that's what has always wound me up about it.

If he was just simply a limited player who came on now and again to put a shift in I wouldn't be arsed, but the fact he's a cornerstone to our attacking play and yet has zero football intelligence frustrates me no end. (I felt the same about Leonhardsen, who basically ousted Berger from the left and was seen as a crucial player by Evans.)

How many times have you watched Kuyt and thought 'It's on here, make the pass' and he hasn't? He simply doesn't have the vision to play in a quality attacking side.

I just think he's bog standard Gaz and it's overlooked due to the fact he runs a lot (and not with any real intelligence behind the runs for that matter) and I think that's what has always wound me up about it.

If he was just simply a limited player who came on now and again to put a shift in I wouldn't be arsed, but the fact he's a cornerstone to our attacking play and yet has zero football intelligence frustrates me no end. (I felt the same about Leonhardsen, who basically ousted Berger from the left and was seen as a crucial player by Evans.)

How many times have you watched Kuyt and thought 'It's on here, make the pass' and he hasn't? He simply doesn't have the vision to play in a quality attacking side.

Agree with that very similar to what Kew said earlier in the thread

He's limited in his abilities. When the rest of the side is playing poor, his limitations are totally exposed.

He's not a match winner and he's unlikely to suddenly improve.

... but I can't help but like the guy.

That said? I think he'd be sold or parked on the bench a lot if Rafa were replaced.