You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

'Suso'

Alligator

Interesting, let us know when you find out their names. Brazilian footballers can't leave Brazil until they're 18, so maybe they're just coming over to set up a future deal.

How can that be legal? Also, how old were the Fabio twins at The Mancs when they came over. They've been there a couple of years and still look very young to me.

Goal.com spoke exclusively to the Cadiz trainer that helped groom the 16-year-old before he was spotted by the Reds and he gave his thoughts on the player's abilities, character and chance of succeeding in England.

Does that mean he spoke to him on the internet a lot? "hello Suso, I'm 19 and I work for a football team, come and play with us. What? No honest I'm 19."

Surely they could have chosen their words better!!

Goal.com is a fucking shithole of a website, their "reporting" consists of ripping stories from other sites and badly rewording them.

How can that be legal? Also, how old were the Fabio twins at The Mancs when they came over. They've been there a couple of years and still look very young to me.

They were 16 in July '06 when they signed pre-contracts. They then trained with Utd on and off for two years including a 6 month period just before they turned 18. They only joined the club last summer (22 months ago)

How can anyone legally stop a Brazilian joining an English club? Surely they can just get on a plane and sign a contract assuming they're not contracted to someone else - or is that the issue? These players are already under contract and Brazilian football does not allow under 18s to move for a fee?

As someone said I believe they have Portuguese passports, which effectively makes them EU citizens, hopefully our two are in the same boat, lots of Brazilians will qualify for Portuguese passports.

How can anyone legally stop a Brazilian joining an English club? Surely they can just get on a plane and sign a contract assuming they're not contracted to someone else - or is that the issue? These players are already under contract and Brazilian football does not allow under 18s to move for a fee?

The issue is with being granted work permits. Though if they are of a certain age they could qualify via some sort of student visa, but I am sure the club will have explored this avenue in past *coughs*

No it's a protective measure to stop young players being exploited and to ensure that the clubs get higher fees. I think Norway do something similar. UEFA are trying to bring it in all across Europe too.

No it's a protective measure to stop young players being exploited and to ensure that the clubs get higher fees. I think Norway do something similar. UEFA are trying to bring it in all across Europe too.

Sweden and France, not Norway.

But it's not the same system as in Brazil; in Sweden and France the player can leave if the two clubs can agree a deal. Unlike Spain, Italy, Germany etc.