You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Lucas

scousechris

I can sum this up a bit more rapidly:

Lucas is too slow to play "box-to-box", couldn't score in a ten-bob brothel, passes mostly sideways and backwards, doesn't create chances, and lacks entirely the skill, pace or power to beat a man in the opposing third.

Therefore, defensive midfield is the only place he can play, and if Mascherano and Alonso were still here, he wouldn't be playing at all.

The End.

Very few players would get in any team ahead of those 2. Lucas is class and what makes him even more class is that he stuck at even when people like yourself were throwing abuse at him.

I hope the hell he plays at this club for life and leaves it as a legend like Sami as he deserves it. Just to show you want hard work and can achieve.

Didn't like him.

Love him now.

High five!

This is pretty much my feelings toward Lucas. And a big fucking well done to him. For improving, for working hard, but mostly for holding his head high and cracking on with dignity and without being a moaning twat when idiots like me doubted him and worse, sighed whenever he misplaced a pass. Shame others can't admit they're wrong. But that's football.

Oh my fucking Christ

Apologies, having considered your articulate, well reasoned response and counter-argument, I wholeheartedly concur with your view that he's a terrible footballer.

I just hope Mano Menezes happens to stumble upon this link, so he can also benefit from being schooled by your superior footballing knowledge, and immediately put a stop to him earning any more than the 20 full international caps he has.

I can imagine C & S absolutely seething whenever Lucas completes a pass, and cackling for joy when he doesn't. Must be hard supporting a team where you hate so many of the players so bitterly.

I dont really have a problem with Lucas passing at all apart from the fact its not very adventurous.

I have a problem with his positioning, the fact he is snail paced and usually ends up giving away a stupid foul in a dangerous position because of this.

All in all, he is a very limited player we easily can improve upon, Allen might be such an improvement.

• Upvote 2

I dont really have a problem with Lucas passing at all apart from the fact its not very adventurous.

I have a problem with his positioning, the fact he is snail paced and usually ends up giving away a stupid foul in a dangerous position because of this.

All in all, he is a very limited player we easily can improve upon, Allen might be such an improvement.

His 'positioning' last season before his injury was on a par with Mascherano's and his reading of the game when the opposition was is possession was mature enough to enable him to ease them off the ball and intercept early so that usually he didn't need to put a late foot in.

His choice and weight of pass is consistently the right one which enables the team to keep possession better which is exactly what Rodgers is after.

I hope and believe he will be playing alongside Allen, with Allen in the position Jonjo started in yesterday.

I hope and believe he will be playing alongside Allen, with Allen in the position Jonjo started in yesterday.

I think that's the plan. Get someone better than Downing on the right and we have a decent starting 11. It's the rest of the squad that's the worry. Spearing as back up for Lucas? Carroll, who in no way shape or form will be able to adjust to a high tempo, interchanging front three? Adam as back up for Gerrard? Henderson as back up for Allen? Carragher as next pick CB?

That's the worry. A couple of key injuries and we are going to struggle.

Come on Code man, Lucas intelligence and positioning are the best parts of his game. Your arguments are ridiculous man.

You are a sad sad man and your stance against Lucas only hurts you as you are blinded to what he offers to us. In the end you will cringe every time Lucas will play, which will be practically every game.

And for a Liverpool fan, that's the saddest part of all.

He played well tonight but really get a grip of yourself. He's just another cog in the team. If he wasn't in that team tonight I doubt anything different would have happened.

He gets about and does simple things which help the skill players and the more important guys do their job. No matter how much people go on he will never be an integral piece of the team. He's replaceable whereas a lot of our other players aren't.

Second to Suarez? Fucking hysterical.

As evidenced by our spectacular form after Lucas was injured last season?

This is pretty much my feelings toward Lucas. And a big fucking well done to him. For improving, for working hard, but mostly for holding his head high and cracking on with dignity and without being a moaning twat when idiots like me doubted him and worse, sighed whenever he misplaced a pass. Shame others can't admit they're wrong. But that's football.

Great post. There were plenty on this site that would have seen him leave and cheered. Without a doubt hebis the most formidable defensive asset we have. His influence is immense!