You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Time To Cut The Owners Some Slack?

DonaldDonaldson

CB is clearly a Red but for whatever reason he has lost such emotional control with his dislike of Rafa, that he is prepared to take any side against him.

Hopefully this is a reality check for the validity of his other leaks as if he is prepared to back those cunts in print, he is prepared to do or say anything.....

• Replies 152
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

They go way overboard on EVERYTHING. Lucas, Benitez, Spearing, everything. It's the way of forums for some reason as Milan was alluding to, stuff converges to the extremes pretty quickly.

Anyhow, fact is if you didn't know him, weren't aware of his background and could only judge him on his actions you'd think he was a manc. Wouldn't you?

No, I wouldn't.

There's been similar issues. For instance, when Hicks tried to sack/remove Parry of his post by releasing a public statement. Whilst part of me thought RP had reaped what he'd sowed, that kind of childish bullying was to the detriment of the club. The classless waving of money on Sky Sports News by George Gillett. A couple of months later - prior to the collapse of the markets - the manager had to more or less wage a public war to persuade them to release the money for Torres. Which, in turn, was the precipitating event for Gillett's disastrous attempt at installing Klinsmann as manager. The whole thing has fucking stunk for the entirety of their tenure yet Bascombe expects us to doff our collective caps in the direction of that pair of blerts and, in anticipation of the fact that most of us won't, he's already insulted us in advance. What a bell whiff!

Agree with most of this, but to say protests start follow a defeat is fuckin daft, it insults people who have followed this club for many years and are trying to do the right thing and remove these pricks. Also to cut some slack as he says to owners who have put us heavily in debt and in real terms removed any sort of transfer budget to help cover some of the cash they had to put down stinks.

He doesnt care either way and will print what he and his shitty paper feel the need to print. The whole tone of his articles have changed since he left the Echo and there is something every week and he cant leave it alone, even though he went where he went he had the chance to report accuately but no, sly digs and half or no truths.

Until the owners are gone we will continue to rot away, and the likes of Bascombe will write crap and hope to cash in on any internal issues until the fat lady sings.

He may have his opinions on players etc but having a pop at his own makes him a disgrace. Cut the owners some slack must be pretty high on the list of shit he has posted.

CB is clearly a Red but for whatever reason he has lost such emotional control with his dislike of Rafa, that he is prepared to take any side against him.

Hopefully this is a reality check for the validity of his other leaks as if he is prepared to back those cunts in print, he is prepared to do or say anything.....

That's the thing here, you wonder to yourself, is there a line that he won't cross? And what in the name of god motivated him to cross this line?

"Defeats provoke demonstrations against the owners. A couple of wins later, the club is talking about league titles again."

The first thing I thought after reading that is that he's pissed off at the lack of direct action, protests, etc, and was maybe trying to get a dig in about it. Maybe he'd prefer to see more action and that's why he wrote that?

"Defeats provoke demonstrations against the owners. A couple of wins later, the club is talking about league titles again."

The first thing I thought after reading that is that he's pissed off at the lack of direct action, protests, etc, and was maybe trying to get a dig in about it. Maybe he'd prefer to see more action and that's why he wrote that?

That's what I thought as well. The 'cut some slack' line, however, is indefensible.

Fucken hell JG you are going all UEM on us.

Haha. No Way Pedro. No seriously I know as much as the next man. Okay the line could have been worded better or maybe not put in there at all but I find it astonishing again the vitriol he is getting again.

He did a great article with Xabi, the best thing I have read in ages and (as far as I know) not one word has been mentioned on here today about that.

He'd prefer to see more action against the owners so he suggests in the same article that they (the owners) should be cut some slack? It's good, but it's not right.

Haha. No Way Pedro. No seriously I know as much as the next man. Okay the line could have been worded better or maybe not put in there at all but I find it astonishing again the vitriol he is getting again.

He did a great article with Xabi, the best thing I have read in ages and (as far as I know) not one word has been mentioned on here today about that.

That was an excellent interview, to be fair.

To be honest is it surprising, he was a well respected journalist that went to work for in a lot of peoples eyes, is the shit rags sunday paper.

Everything he does is under the microscope the good goes unnoticed and the bad blown up and debated.

My personal view is he knew what he was letting himself in for and it comes with the territory.

Cutting the owners some slack deserves what it gets.

The funny thing is, though, that Benitez himself was saying the same thing to Bascombe - that the owners, or rather Hicks, should be cut some slack -towards the end of their functional relationship.

The Count certainly doesn't believe the owenrs should be afforded anything, but it goes to show you how bad the previous regime was when these two clowns can oversee a sponsorship deal that puts our previous one in the shade.

ATK said it best; all of Liverpool's ills can be traced back to Moores.

Just for you mate

[YOUTUBE]8sLPbFnldRw[/YOUTUBE]

To be honest is it surprising, he was a well respected journalist that went to work for in a lot of peoples eyes, is the shit rags sunday paper.

Everything he does is under the microscope the good goes unnoticed and the bad blown up and debated.

My personal view is he knew what he was letting himself in for and it comes with the territory.

Just wish the people on here who use his column for the weekly Slag Chris Bascombe off no matter what would put as much energy in to their hatred of the Americans, Moores etc. Chris is just a journalist at the end of the day and people need to focus that obvious hatred they have of him and put it into making Moores and Ian Ayres life as uncomfortable as possible. There sadly isn't a lot we can do about the Americans at the moment and who knows if they will ever come back here again.

He should have learnt his lesson from Houllier days there is no good career Mileage in falling out with the Lfc Manager and he should learn to work on his communication skills.

Backing the owners means he is now a truly shite cunt who deserves to be poor

Just wish the people on here who use his column for the weekly Slag Chris Bascombe off no matter what would put as much energy in to their hatred of the Americans, Moores etc. Chris is just a journalist at the end of the day and people need to focus that obvious hatred they have of him and put it into making Moores and Ian Ayres life as uncomfortable as possible. There sadly isn't a lot we can do about the Americans at the moment and who knows if they will ever come back here again.

That's one way of looking at it. Another is, that the fact of the matter is Chris has far more power to do something about the owners than we do. If he could focus all that obvious hatred on them instead of benitez we might be in a different place.

Totally agree.

That would indeed make me happy.

That's one way of looking at it. Another is, that the fact of the matter is Chris has far more power to do something about the owners than we do. If he could focus all that obvious hatred on them instead of benitez we might be in a different place.

Fair point but I still think the fans are the ones which will always have the power more than anybody to do something about the situation we are in right now. It depends how much the fans want to do something about it.

I would love to know why Chris wrote that line myself but I still think people are making it far more of an issue than they need to and Moores sits idly by as does Ayre.

People targetting Chris on here are totally losing focus of the real problems we have from the top at the club.