You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Well done to all involved; Cohen was an odious piece of slime who shouldn't have been allowed near a radio microphone and a bigoted loudmouth of the highest order who just WOULDN'T listen - He got all that was coming to him and deserves the mess he's landed himself in now for his plain inability/unwillingness to listen and sheer, blinkered obstinacy in peddling lies as truth regardless of the hurt and pain he caused. The airwaves are well rid of him.

Now, on another note - I HAVE to ask; Just WHY don't we learn the lessons from this and use the SAME tactics on the twin leeches that own our club? IF they can work and get Cohen out and IF the fans of Corinthians can do similar/same things AND get Hicks out of their club (and they did), then WHY CAN'T WE REMOVE H&G BY DOING THE SAME TO THEM ON THEIR HOME TURF? I really think we should adopt these tactics against the twin horrors soon and that the sooner we do, the sooner they'll be gone as if there's one thing they WON'T like/CAN'T stand, it will be them being under attack where they thought we couldn't touch them.

Their smugness/indifference would soon disappear and I think their ownership of our club would VERY soon follow as well, which makes it all the more imperative to start doing this to THEM as soon as is humanly possible. God knows, it's way past time they went and this I think, could be the tool that Finally removes them from our great club; So in my view, the sooner we start doing this to H & G, the sooner they will be gone from us for good.......................................

• Replies 174
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Ulysses Everett McGill
What goes around, comes around. I'm absolutely delighted to see the outcome of this campaign. Now how do we link him to Gillett and Hicks...

At risk of being slaughtered, again, The Hicks were instumental on putting pressure via various channels on Cohens sponsors

Listened to the final show to see what they had to say. Cohen states he has not changed his opinion that there was "shared responsibility." I kid you not.

Good riddance.

PS -- Apparently Hicks had a big hand in getting him off the air. That's what they said on the show. Good for him, I say.

At risk of being slaughtered, again, The Hicks were instumental on putting pressure via various channels on Cohens sponsors

No doubt that's a good thing, but they're still cunts. Well you knew that anyway - but they are.

No doubt that's a good thing, but they're still cunts. Well you knew that anyway - but they are.

Better to have all the facts though, no?

Listened to the final show to see what they had to say. Cohen states he has not changed his opinion that there was "shared responsibility." I kid you not.

Good riddance.

PS -- Apparently Hicks had a big hand in getting him off the air. That's what they said on the show. Good for him, I say.

Fair play to Hicks then. Hitler made a nice car. Doesn't make him a decent fella either.

I'm almost glad he said the stuff about shared responsibility as it just shows his remaing listeners how bitter and horrible he is.

He is scum and the football world is well rid.

Now can learn from this in realtion to Hicks and Gillett. Constant work gets results. One off actions achieve nothing.

Better to have all the facts though, no?

I suppose so Andy, although it doesn't change my view of them one iota. I can't believe they got involved for anything other than reasons of political expediency anyway. And besides, I reckon he'd have gone without their involvement. US business is far more sensitive about negative brand image than we are over here. The press is always full of stories about how media companies especially take action against their employees due to their inappropriate words or actions.

Thats all well and good but you cant help but feel that its just another PR Stunt from them lot, currying favour of the fans , it doesnt take anything away from the fact they are horrible people themselves , Im not slating you UEM , not that youd care anyway , but just saying .

I suppose so Andy, although it doesn't change my view of them one iota. I can't believe they got involved for anything other than reasons of political expediency anyway. And besides, I reckon he'd have gone without their involvement. US business is far more sensitive about negative brand image than we are over here. The press is always full of stories about how media companies especially take action against their employees due to their inappropriate words or actions.

Fair comment, but, and again I'm not defending them, thier involvement has only came to light because Cohen let slip, it's not as if it's been plastered everywhere.

No one on this earth is ever 100% rotten just as no one is 100% without flaw

The story is that his stepchildren received death threats and there were anti-semitic emails. If so, that's disgusting.

A 'story' he will no doubt push and push and push. If he hadn't been attempting to spit on 96 graves then he would still have his job and his family wouldn't allegedly be receiving threats. It's his fault and his fault alone that some nuts might be harranging him.

A 'story' he will no doubt push and push and push. If he hadn't been attempting to spit on 96 graves then he would still have his job and his family wouldn't allegedly be receiving threats. It's his fault and his fault alone that some nuts might be harranging him.

Problem is over here they are not nuts they are "Liverpool Fans".

Problem is over here they are not nuts they are "Liverpool Fans".

Well why doesn't the American fan clubs put together a combined letter to what ever media outlets are reporting Cohens comments saying every fan base has a few idiots but the majority would never stoop to these levels. Point out we followed up on him because he wouldn't stop trying to spread lies. We respect freedom of speech, but not when it is to try and smear the memories of 96 innocent people unlawfully killed when just trying to watch a game.

Well why doesn't the American fan clubs put together a combined letter to what ever media outlets are reporting Cohens comments saying every fan base has a few idiots but the majority would never stoop to these levels. Point out we followed up on him because he wouldn't stop trying to spread lies. We respect freedom of speech, but not when it is to try and smear the memories of 96 innocent people unlawfully killed when just trying to watch a game.

They do. The problem is the biggest audience over here was for Cohen's programs so he gets to say what he wants uncontested. Elsewhere the coverage is minutes if not seconds, you can't deal with the complexity in that time so the shocking headline wins out.

Jesus christ this american liverpool "fan" on Cohens last show said that

"Bill Shankly will be turning in his grave"

"Bob Paisley would be disgusted"

"Bob Paisleys widow would be disgusted"

Some of these fans are fucking clueless.They think that we should have stopped the boycott because it was Cohens opinion,they dont understand fuck all.

One caller on Cohens show compared the boycott to Nazi Germany.They make me fucking so angry.

Jesus christ this american liverpool "fan" on Cohens last show said that

"Bill Shankly will be turning in his grave"

"Bob Paisley would be disgusted"

"Bob Paisleys widow would be disgusted"

Some of these fans are fucking clueless.They think that we should have stopped the boycott because it was Cohens opinion,they dont understand fuck all.

One caller on Cohens show compared the boycott to Nazi Germany.They make me fucking so angry.

They've only heard one side of the story (his) and internet hard men have made it easy to portray us as the Scouse Taliban with all the immature emails with the anti-semetic overtones, threats of violence etc.

A lot of fans here are pissed because it was the only radio show they had that covered football and now it's gone for a reason they just don't understand.

They've only heard one side of the story (his) and internet hard men have made it easy to portray us as the Scouse Taliban with all the immature emails with the anti-semetic overtones, threats of violence etc.

A lot of fans here are pissed because it was the only radio show they had that covered football and now it's gone for a reason they just don't understand.

There was a caller who said"why do Liverpool fans hate Man Utd fans so much when they have never murdered anyone?"

To which Cohen replied

"Yeah I know"

There was a caller who said"why do Liverpool fans hate Man Utd fans so much when they have never murdered anyone?"

To which Cohen replied

"Yeah I know"

Hey no-one is saying he's not a twat, he's just used people's ignorance and the fact that a lot lot worse gets said over here to raise his listening figures. haha!