You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

A thread about a man named Xabi

dave u

What to do?  

239 members have voted

1. 1. What to do?

• Buy Dave House, Gerrard centre mid, go 442.
    • Buy Augero, Gerrard centre mid, stay 4231.
    • Gerrard in the hole, buy centre mid, stay 4231
    • Don’t care, kill Rafa, burn down RBS

I used to spend a lot of time on the FF, but most my time these days is spent on the GF as at the moment reading posts on the FF gets me rather annoyed. I'm still a bit f*cked off with the 'Sack Rafa' thread that was on here a few weeks ago now and I'd rather not read things like that.

Fair do's it's a forum and all and everyone’s got their say, but there's no need for most of the cr*p people are sprouting off right now. Start getting behind the team a little more.

• Replies 10.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't think banning members eviction style is a good idea. Having people ganging up on others is a bit sad although it is only an internet forum. I think with Liverpool going through bad form isn't helping as people are more prone to madness, and must release the tension built up after watching recent away games. Also as the site becomes more popular, you are bound to get a rise in people who are not familiar with the nature of the board - like me. When i first registered, i started all manner of silly threads with insane ramblings that annoyed many people, but i am not sorry. Now i am more aware of what the beef generally is and although i am still prone to peforming the art of talking shit, i think if someone says something and you don't like it, then you should just ignore it. It's only a few words on a web page. Everyone needs to chill out and have some faith in each other and remember that it is just a website. Your mates, birds, family and going the game are more important along with getting blitzed.

Maybe there should be a sticky thread on both forums outlining how people are required to behave so it is always there and new members can see it. If people continue with madness and dishing out obscenities to other forumites then there is grounds for eternal damnation.

I've been on as a lurker then poster through every incarnation of the forums bar one (didn't have t'internet during the bravenet days) and have noticed a steady decline for quite a while now. Since Daves' work has reached a bigger audience, more and more newbies have started registering. I remember around the time of the Gerrard transfer saga, in one day all of a sudden there was like a hundred new members registered and a record number of people viewing the forums.

This is a part of Daves' livelihood now and while the site and fanzine have grown, perhaps inevitably the quality of the forum has been diluted. In the past it was a self regulating thing where if someone started posting abuse or other such shite (remember Djibbers with his copy and paste, thread-a-minute posting spree), the rest of us would set them straight and if they still didn't listen, then Dave or Haje would step in.

There was a core of like-minded people who posted the majority of the stuff and the few posters who posted things we disagreed with or downright couldn't stand were still tolerated like no other forum did. When we had a moan it was mostly objective and logical and we argued the points of the matter at hand. But now that balance has changed. There seems to be less and less of the level headed debate and comic banter and more and more of the whingers, moaners and kneejerkers. Now this may be just me looking through rose tinted glasses, but even during the last season under Houllier this place didn't have as many moaners as it does now. If you'd have told me back then that in the new managers' first two seasons we'd win big ears again, then the FA cup, and after a poor start to the next this place would be as bad as it is I wouldn't have believed it. In the past I used to come on every day and check regularly what had been posted so I could read and maybe join in the banter/debate as it happened. Now, I no longer have that urge to logon because it's just the same old tired arguments.

It's a sad state of affairs when someone like Rashid will soon have the highest post count here. I'm not having a go at you Rash but you will have the majority of the posts but do not represent the majority of opinion. Now some of you may say, "Well why don't these so called great posters of the past just post more and the problem's solved." My answer is that it's easy to type shit, it takes time to construct a valid point. I can only speak for myself but in the past I only chimed in now and again because most of the things I wanted to say had already been posted. If I wanted to post now it would almost always be to get in the middle of an argument to state something that shouldn't, in my eyes need stating. I neither have the time nor the inclination to do that.

I would like to qualify the above by saying that some very good new posters have joined. They have read first and got a feel for the place before they started posting. To those people I would like to say welcome and thankyou for contributing.

I don't think a "Big Brother" style eviction is the way to go but something needs to be done. Maybe some kind of probationary period where after a certain number of posts the Mods decide whether or not a new poster becomes a fully fledged member. Or if you get a certain number of complaints from different established posters you're out, simple as that.

People may complain about censorship, but I'd rather a minority complain on a good forum than the majority bicker on an increasingly poor one.

I've been on as a lurker then poster through every incarnation of the forums bar one (didn't have t'internet during the bravenet days) and have noticed a steady decline for quite a while now. Since Daves' work has reached a bigger audience, more and more newbies have started registering. I remember around the time of the Gerrard transfer saga, in one day all of a sudden there was like a hundred new members registered and a record number of people viewing the forums.

This is a part of Daves' livelihood now and while the site and fanzine have grown, perhaps inevitably the quality of the forum has been diluted. In the past it was a self regulating thing where if someone started posting abuse or other such shite (remember Djibbers with his copy and paste, thread-a-minute posting spree), the rest of us would set them straight and if they still didn't listen, then Dave or Haje would step in.

There was a core of like-minded people who posted the majority of the stuff and the few posters who posted things we disagreed with or downright couldn't stand were still tolerated like no other forum did. When we had a moan it was mostly objective and logical and we argued the points of the matter at hand. But now that balance has changed. There seems to be less and less of the level headed debate and comic banter and more and more of the whingers, moaners and kneejerkers. Now this may be just me looking through rose tinted glasses, but even during the last season under Houllier this place didn't have as many moaners as it does now. If you'd have told me back then that in the new managers' first two seasons we'd win big ears again, then the FA cup, and after a poor start to the next this place would be as bad as it is I wouldn't have believed it. In the past I used to come on every day and check regularly what had been posted so I could read and maybe join in the banter/debate as it happened. Now, I no longer have that urge to logon because it's just the same old tired arguments.

It's a sad state of affairs when someone like Rashid will soon have the highest post count here. I'm not having a go at you Rash but you will have the majority of the posts but do not represent the majority of opinion. Now some of you may say, "Well why don't these so called great posters of the past just post more and the problem's solved." My answer is that it's easy to type shit, it takes time to construct a valid point. I can only speak for myself but in the past I only chimed in now and again because most of the things I wanted to say had already been posted. If I wanted to post now it would almost always be to get in the middle of an argument to state something that shouldn't, in my eyes need stating. I neither have the time nor the inclination to do that.

I would like to qualify the above by saying that some very good new posters have joined. They have read first and got a feel for the place before they started posting. To those people I would like to say welcome and thankyou for contributing.

I don't think a "Big Brother" style eviction is the way to go but something needs to be done. Maybe some kind of probationary period where after a certain number of posts the Mods decide whether or not a new poster becomes a fully fledged member. Or if you get a certain number of complaints from different established posters you're out, simple as that.

People may complain about censorship, but I'd rather a minority complain on a good forum than the majority bicker on an increasingly poor one.

That's some seriously good shit right there.

i blame rashid. the man is pure evil.

How can a "man" that has been banned countless times from this place feel inclined to pass judgement on what is bad for this forum? You started out by having a go at people on the basis that they "didn't go the game", but as it turned out, neither did you! In fact, you made up an illness as an excuse! You tried to be the big tough guy with ol' Hermes, but when he actually took you up on your shite you totally lost your balls! You're a liar, a coward and a very tragic person who keeps coming back although you keep getting banned because nobody likes you. Go sort your life out Momo.

Great post there Agent Smith, i too lurked for a while to get the feel of the place before posting, when i first joined there were some great discussions and some top quality humour, it was a place where you could get good debate, yeah there were those that were as mad as cheese, but they had something to offer.

These days most threads descend into a stream of bickering and insults, there are a few who you can have a could discuss things with and there are a couple of loons who lighten the place in their own style, but agree something has to be done and maybe encourage some regulars of the past who no longer post back on board, and return to some sort of order, or at least somewhere i can visit when we have lost.

How can a "man" that has been banned countless times from this place feel inclined to pass judgement on what is bad for this forum? You started out by having a go at people on the basis that they "didn't go the game", but as it turned out, neither did you! In fact, you made up an illness as an excuse! You tried to be the big tough guy with ol' Hermes, but when he actually took you up on your shite you totally lost your balls! You're a liar, a coward and a very tragic person who keeps coming back although you keep getting banned because nobody likes you. Go sort your life out Momo.

Outstanding!

Haven't completely decided, but I'm leaning towards just putting up a kist of groundrules, and see how that goes. I like the idea of opening up a thread after every game, and all the kneejerk ridiculous posts that piss people off can just be moved in there, but I'm not sure how workable it is.

Basically, I'm still thinking about it, but I reckon the Bg Brother idea isn't really workable.

Just ban who you dont like, apart from me, I like me so I stay. Plus I bought a crouchmania shirt to wear around the world. (even though Crouchie's had a bit of flack from myself the past few weeks).

I apologise for my outbursts and would understand if people want to evict me. But I think we should try and understand the differences between strong/wrong opinion and downright twattism....

The forum needs more stringent rules and stronger moderators, not a heavy handed KopTalk style gimmick that would be Big Brother (Dunk has done this before by the way) ;)

Its up to the majority I guess..

I apologise for my outbursts and would understand if people want to evict me. But I think we should try and understand the differences between strong/wrong opinion and downright twattism....

The forum needs more stringent rules and stronger moderators, not a heavy handed KopTalk style gimmick that would be Big Brother (Dunk has done this before by the way) ;)

Its up to the majority I guess..

It most certainly does not need more stringent rules and neither do the "mods" need to be stronger. If this place started morphing into RAWK I for one wouldn't hang around.

What we really need is for people to take some responsibility for there words and statements. A set of guidelines detailing what is expected from members, continued monitoring from "mods" and very little else.

My only worry is that if we let "forum veterans" what is and what isn't 'good opinion' and 'good debate' then we will become RAWK.

This place should be like going to Anfield, there are going to twats, headcases, racists, good blokes, arl arses, the lot.... together we form what is fans of Liverpool Football Club.

Obviously the really destructive/racists/etc ones should be kicked out of the ground - that might include me... but if we follow the logic of what goes on at the ground that could solve it. E.g If someone shouts abuse at a player unwarranted, others in the ground can call him up on it..

BAN HIM!!!

Only messin Agent Smith, quallity mate. I reckon you've pretty much summed it up, good post.

I read the mag for a while before Joining up. It was John Gallagher who gave me the jist of the website and let me know about a few of the lads on here.

The people who get banned mainly just join on straight away and start giving it full twat off the first post.

I don't think anyone even noticed me untill I was at about 1,500 post's. An only about 5 people know me now.

:whoops:

I tend to agree with Raddy, there's nothing much wrong with this place, whether Raddy is serious or not when he says that is hard to tell but there you go. I wasn't sad to see the back of Attacking Play because I thought he was a complete nobber, but the less people thrown out the better in my view.

People like Rashid are part of the furniture as far as I'm concerned. When there was a thread a while ago about banning him I voted for hiim to go because at the time he was getting on my man tits. However on reflection I would probably miss Rashid if he no longer posted.

It's a fine line between allowing the place to be clogged up with shite and banning shite talkers, but one of the most appealing things about TLW before I signed up was the 'anything goes' attitude and the diversity of its memebers. Long may it contiinue.

• 2 years later...