You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

A thread about a man named Xabi

dave u

What to do?  

239 members have voted

1. 1. What to do?

• Buy Dave House, Gerrard centre mid, go 442.
    • Buy Augero, Gerrard centre mid, stay 4231.
    • Gerrard in the hole, buy centre mid, stay 4231
    • Don’t care, kill Rafa, burn down RBS

• Replies 10.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

for fucks sake why the hell lie to the fans. and tell us he staying when in fact you knew he was leaving im fuckin furious if he is selling him can people not see that by selling him and buying baryy it is weaking our team if this is to fund for tevez well rafa i wouold much rather keep xabi fuck tevez.

You dont fuck with Ferguson, You dont fuck with Mourinho and you defo dont tuck with Rafa. If you do your history.

So you're taking some simpleton's rumour ahead of Benitez's statement?

Okay.

Are you questioning Simon's validity in the statement he is making. The last thing he needs at a time like this is to be treated like the village idiot we all know he is not, he's hurting.

By CHRIS BASCOMBE, 23/05/2009

XABI ALONSO has stunned Liverpool by admitting he wants to quit Anfield.

The Spanish midfielder is ready to hand in a written transfer request.

His agent Inaki Ibanez met Rafa Benitez on Friday to inform the manager of Alonso's wish to leave. And despite the Merseyside giants insisting they do not want to sell him, Alonso's stance will trigger an auction for the 27-year-old.

Real Madrid, Arsenal, Manchester City and Juventus have tried to buy Alonso in the last 12 months and Madrid will be favourites this time.

But Benitez will start the bidding at £18million and use the cash to try to sign Manchester United's Carlos Tevez.

Alonso's relationship with Benitez deteriorated during the courting of Aston Villa's Gareth Barry.

A friend of Alonso said: "Xabi loves Liverpool but he doesn't feel he can stay. He has not been happy for a long time and wants to go somewhere he feels he can enjoy his football again."

Alonso joined from Real Sociedad for £10m in 2004.

Rafa has told more lies than the truth in his tenure as Liverpool manager as he sees it as part of the game.

His record against players who have criticised him is pretty ruthless and I think only Gerrard and Carra could get away with it and even Carra maybe a victim next season.

At least all the players know they cant fuck with Rafa however its fine as long as Rafa keeps winning but as Houllier found out players can also be quite ruthless and turn on you when the time is right.

I have read this thread from start to finish and I can tell you that some of you are making this personal.

The argument that this not a pure football decision is mistaken. Rafa is a professional manager and wants his team to win. No more, no less. In his own mind he has already made the decision and its not about his own personal feelings.

He is a Liverpool manager. A ruthless one ableit but if he wants to sell Xabi to give ourselves a better chance at the title then so be it.

Its a bit harsh on Xabi, I know, cause lets admit it, we all love the guy. He wears the Liverpool shirt with pride and never gives anything less than 110% in each game. He is a leader, has class and will become a great coach someday.

Sadly Rafa wants to go in a different direction. There is nothing wrong with that. You cannot just change formations or tactics just to suit one player. Xabi has flourished this season and, given the chance, rule next season too. I can honestly find a solution where we can keep Xabi and still have some world class transfers.

This is not a comparison of Xabis technique, this is an in-depth view into why Rafa MIGHT be selling him.

His brilliant long passes are great for a side who have pacey wingers that get behind the back four. Sadly we dont have that. We have wingers that thrive in the close control game and who can dirbble past players. It is how Rafa has set up his team. He wants players who can pass a few yards not fourty.

Xabi is a great player, and I bet Gerrards comments were not far off the mark. Our manager believes though that this team can go one better and thinks that Xabi is replacable.

We, however, dont but based on what I have seen from him though, this is a pure football decision.

I would be very dissapointed in Rafa if it was anything but because I cannot see too many fomations where Xabi is a liability.

His agent Inaki Ibanez met Rafa Benitez on Friday to inform the manager of Alonso's wish to leave. And despite the Merseyside giants insisting they do not want to sell him, Alonso's stance will trigger an auction for the 27-year-old.

Real Madrid, Arsenal, Manchester City and Juventus have tried to buy Alonso in the last 12 months and Madrid will be favourites this time.

But Benitez will start the bidding at £18million and use the cash to try to sign Manchester United's Carlos Tevez.

Alonso's relationship with Benitez deteriorated during the courting of Aston Villa's Gareth Barry.

A friend of Alonso said: "Xabi loves Liverpool but he doesn't feel he can stay. He has not been happy for a long time and wants to go somewhere he feels he can enjoy his football again."

Rafa is getting paid back for treating Xabi like a misfit last summer. I feel like crying.

769.jpg

I didn't know Rick Parry was a friend of Alonso.

If thats true what Bascombe is printing then well done Alonso you have just knocked a few million off your value.

I don't think he really gives a fuck do you? He knows Rafa is lying when he is saying Xabi is not for sale in order to push up the price so this is a game being played. The less someone pays for Xabi the more he himself will get in wages.

I fucking love Alonso, and Rafa will be under huge pressure as will Gareth Barry if next season if Xabi leaves.

I take what he has written here with a pinch of salt. The guy works for a sunday paper and although he may have the right intentions at heart he has stirred a lot of shit up in the past and I think that he is doing it again. Makes for a good read though if you are just clinging on to what the papers say. I know that most people actually hate him but I don't actually know what he did and can't be arsed to argue about him so can someone explain why every other Liverpool fan I speak to hates him.

I don't think he really gives a fuck do you? He knows Rafa is lying when he is saying Xabi is not for sale in order to push up the price so this is a game being played. The less someone pays for Xabi the more he himself will get in wages.

I fucking love Alonso, and Rafa will be under huge pressure as will Gareth Barry if next season if Xabi leaves.

So Rafa's a cunt but Xabi isn't? hmmmm.

I personally think neither of them are cunts, it's fucking life, get over it and grow up.

Has Rafa said Alonso is not for sale or did he say 'we want to keep him'.

Either way Rafa is trying to get top money for Alonso to help strengthen the squad.

Alonso putting in a written request changes all that as now Real Madrid know that he is unsettled they don't need to bid as high.

I personally think neither of them are cunts, it's fucking life, get over it and grow up.

I didn't call Rafa a cunt, where did I say that?

I do think that Rafa saying Xabi isn't for sale is a lie, given the way he tried to kick him out last summer.... I think this summer Xabi is getting his own back.

I rarely distribute rep, but I feel that you definitely deserve some for that. Well said.

I didn't know Rick Parry was a friend of Alonso.

In theory, Parry would have told Bascombe and therefore lowered the price of Alonso now that people know he is looking to leave. So that means we could lose out when we sell him to the tune of a few million. And Parry, although he is leaving has further damaged the club due to his stupidity. He really is a gimp, he normally fucks us over due to his stupidity.

Has Rafa said Alonso is not for sale or did he say 'we want to keep him'.

Either way Rafa is trying to get top money for Alonso to help strengthen the squad.

Alonso putting in a written request changes all that as now Real Madrid know that he is unsettled they don't need to bid as high.

Or maybe Bascombe is talking out his arse?