You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Luis Suarez

Guest simon

It doesn't. He's got the same length of time on his contract as Torres, 36 months. Said this a week ago, i see no reason for Ajax to sell unless we pay a premium. And it seems completely naive of the club to go after the lad if they weren't prepared to go over what his value is.

36 months? I didn't realise that.

Either way, I think £18m is a very good amount for him.

They paid £18m for Ramires, and they're about to pay well in excess of £20m for David Luiz! And the fair play rules are NOT in operation yet, are they, which is definitely one reason why City went for Dzeko now rather than in the summer.

But I do agree that we should move on - i certainly wouldn't advocate that we pay over £18m for him, but, saying that, I do understand the frustation of fans hoping we would make a statement of intent in this window.

fair play rules look at losses over a 3 year period going backwards starting in 2012 i believe, so anything that happens this year is considered part of the evaluation period. (though i give you that 18 million is big money in the grand scheme of things, though i was thinking more in terms of them spending it on multiple players, they also bought zhirkov the year prior)

i don't think its any coincidence that even though they bought ramires, that they also let go deco, beletti, ballack etc and replaced them in the squad with kakuta, bruma and sturridge and players of that age.

its all to get revenues in line. and if they pay 20 million for luiz, good for them, because i bet you don't see them spend money on any other players. if you remember their only other significant transfer activity was on yossi.

us on the other hand, we all know we need to spend money this summer. its not like one player will cure our ills. all of which goes toward revenue in and out. the positive for us is that it will be the first time in ages where we have to look at net spend as something other than the scourge for which to whip previous managers or for previous managers to cover up some of their transfer inadequacies.

If the reports are true and Ajax are holding out for 35m euro, we should just move on. He's not worth that and if Suarez is that desperate to join they will have shot themselves in the foot as they will have an unhappy player on their hands and will probably not get as much for him in the summer.

Guest Numero Veinticinco
How long does a flight to Amsterdam take these days? And how much does it cost? Less than the train to London on both counts? It's hardly a massive effort...

You don't send Damien Comolli over to Holland if there's no intention of buying the player, shirley?

If we had no intention of buying him he wouldn't have gone over to Holland.

Never said we had no intention of buying. I am sure we did want him, just like in all the other cases with those players that are now lighting up the likes of Barca. But if a club and agent say they want £30m and we go in hoping to get the player for £17m, then he is destined to "fail the medical" every time.

Most likely bollocks, but SSN now saying that Comolli is still in Amsterdam?

His flight time isn't going to change just because we couldn't agree a deal.

Leave it to the summer as this season is a write off already.

Wont finish top 4 and wont be relegated

If Dalglish had the job for the long term then I would be more inclined to pay what they wanted

You were moaning about not signing a player that you had never fucking seen play, the other day.

If we sign them now, we will be able to integrate them into the team and be ready for a big push next season.

Davey Moores, G&H, FSG.

Three different owners, same outcome.

What you on about?

Why is it the same as when G & H where here and Moores?

Just because we are not getting held for ransom for a couple of player, you would look mighty stupid if they did sign and they flopped and you would be having a right go at the signings in the first place, probebly saying it was the wrong time to buy.

Get a grip and support the owners/ manager etc or fuck off.

lkjsdljflsdcvjsjdljsdjgls

That's easy for you to say.

I prefer not knowing about where we are up to with this. It's old school rules now. I genuinely believe The Liverpool Way is returning.

It makes me laugh how people expect a transfer to be sorted out ASAP.

We have for too long been ripped over players in the past.

I also believe Suarez will be a perfect acquisition to the squad.

He's not the quickest, but he's a very clever player who can play on two, maybe three positions. And that can be nothing less than welcoming, surely?

The style of football we have been yearning for so long, is why we are looking at Suarez and Adam. Both can play, and do play football as it should be, pass and move. The simple way.

We get those two and maybe Young or similar player, we WILL finish nearer the top 4 than expected.