You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Neil Young

King Emlyn

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

NoOoOoOOoooOoo

TOUR DATES CANCELLED

August 8, 2013

For immediate release:

Due to an accident involving Crazy Horse, the remaining dates on the Neil Young and Crazy Horse tour of Europe and the British isles have been cancelled. We are sorry for any inconvenience this causes to our fans or the Festivals where we were scheduled to appear. As you must be, we too are disappointed at this unfortunate turn of events.

-- Neil Young and Crazy Horse

A treat for all you Neil Young fans. This is the Austin Texas concert from last year.

[YOUTUBE]xaFnHVu2TY4[/YOUTUBE]

Set list.

Love and Only Love

; Powderfinger
; Born in Ontario
; Walk Like a Giant
; The Needle and the Damage Done
; Twisted Road
; Ramada Inn
; Cinnamon Girl
; Fuckin' Up

A broken hand and he cancels ?

Godfather of Grunge my arse......fucking wimp

Not even his hand: Ponch Sampedro's hand.

Ian McNabb's been aping Neil for the last few decades. He's more than able to do for Ponch what Marty McFly did for Marvin Berry. And he was due to open the Liverpool gig.

No excuse.

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Playing Hyde Park 12th July

Supported by the frickin' National

Zomg!

Tickets on sale Friday

I hope he's doing some other venues

Hyde Park is so shit.  Sound quality is garbage and almost impossible to get near the front unless youre prepared to get squashed senseless for hours . Seen two Springssteen gigs there and it was hard work.

Totally agree. Watching one of your favourite bands at a festival type gig is almost like half the experience of a normal gig.

Promised myself that I would do as many Neil Young gigs after missing and fannying about last year. A general admission ticket costs £66 but you can get a premium view ticket for £88 and stand 'nearer' the stage with a separate bar.

Totally agree. Watching one of your favourite bands at a festival type gig is almost like half the experience of a normal gig.

Promised myself that I would do as many Neil Young gigs after missing and fannying about last year. A general admission ticket costs £66 but you can get a premium view ticket for £88 and stand 'nearer' the stage with a separate bar.

Neil Young and Crazy Horse were absolutely fantastic up at Newcastle earlier on this year.

• 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...

What fresh lunacy is this?

http://consequenceofsound.net/2014/04/album-review-neil-young-a-letter-home/

A Letter Home, a covers collection recorded in Jack White’s refurbished 1947 Voice-o-Graph recording booth, fits squarely into the former tradition. It’s an odd one, at best. It was recorded with one mic in what Young has likened to a phone booth, “all acoustic with a harmonica inside a closed space.” Occasionally, there is piano. Young has called it “one of the lowest-tech experiences I’ve ever had.” Naturally, as PonoPlayer hits the market, the result will be available in high-resolution audio. Go figure.

What fresh lunacy is this?

http://consequenceofsound.net/2014/04/album-review-neil-young-a-letter-home/

A Letter Home, a covers collection recorded in Jack White’s refurbished 1947 Voice-o-Graph recording booth, fits squarely into the former tradition. It’s an odd one, at best. It was recorded with one mic in what Young has likened to a phone booth, “all acoustic with a harmonica inside a closed space.” Occasionally, there is piano. Young has called it “one of the lowest-tech experiences I’ve ever had.” Naturally, as PonoPlayer hits the market, the result will be available in high-resolution audio. Go figure.

Neil Young has been waging war against apple for the shit quality of Mp3 and aac recording s on their devices and had been developing his own system over the last few years. I guess this is now ready to be launched and will carry the shit name of ponoplayer. 

Neil Young has been waging war against apple for the shit quality of Mp3 and aac recording s on their devices and had been developing his own system over the last few years. I guess this is now ready to be launched and will carry the shit name of ponoplayer. 

...and to mark the launch of the greatest, highest-fidelity sound recording system ever, he releases an album of covers, recorded in a 1940s Portaloo!

neilyoung240413w.jpg

Contrary old curmudgeon.  What's not to love?

(Coincidentally, my tickets for the Echo Arena gig arrived today.  WooHooo!!)

• 2 months later...