You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Dubai and Liverpool FC

Guest Ulysses Everett McGill

"Sheikh Mohammed wants to rival the Abu Dhabi owners of Manchester City, and now sees Liverpool less in terms of a pure investment. But despite being among the wealthiest men in the world, he still refuses to pay over the odds to the Americans.

The Mirror understands that Hicks and Gillett are prepared to sell, but only at £300million above the Arab's valuation of around £450million."

So according to maddock the yanks want £750m for the club and thats without building the new stadium, how the fuck has that man got a job in a national newspaper hes a fuckin idiot!

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

NeilG, it is strange that after listing 3 of your various "assumptions", you say that I'm the one who is assuming.

By the way, it is not very unfair to "assume" that Dubai won't borrow the money from RBS considering the way they have been portrayed by many people on here and the fact that they are mega fucking rich.

I'm bored of it all now anyway.

Haha, sorry. I see what I've done there. I typed it in a bit of a rush yesterday before going out. When I said that you were the one making assumptions, I meant specifically that you were the one making assumptions about whether or not Dubai will borrow from RBS. You seem to have decided that they won't – at least that's the impression I've got from your posts, because you seem convinced that G&H will get the refinancing even if the stadium is dead in the water.

To answer the question from you and Walton Red about why Dubai might want to borrow the money when they're worth so much: as Cardie has already said, most of their wealth is tied up in companies they own or have a stake in, and only a small proportion of it will be liquid (although that will still be a lot). They will want to keep as much of it liquid as possible, for two reasons. Firstly, the more liquid wealth they have, the more likely they'll be able to borrow money. A bank that lends to them would usually rather secure the loan against their liquid assets than against companies they own, because if Dubai ever defaulted on a payment it would be much easier for the bank to take money off them than take one of their companies which the bank would then have the hassle of trying to sell (not to mention potential disputes over the value of the company). Secondly, there will be some deals that Dubai can only secure by paying some or all of the money up front, so they'll want to keep their reserves of cash as high as possible. They'll be unlikely to pay for an acquisition like Liverpool FC out of their own pockets if they can get it by borrowing instead.

It's possible, if RBS do loan Dubai money for the takeover and the stadium, that they'll ask Dubai to put some of their own money in and lend them the rest. However RBS might well be content just for Dubai to secure the loan against their existing assets, rather than against the club as G&H appear to have done.

Liverpool takeover: Sheikh Mohammed ditches DIC to make solo bid for club - mirror.co.uk

The Mirror understands that Hicks and Gillett are prepared to sell, but only at £300million above the Arab's valuation of around £450million.

fuck. in. hell.

they have fucking lost their minds. 750million pounds despite buying the club a mere two seasons ago, loading debt onto the club and not putting so much as spade in the ground.

you could probably get manu for less and that's with a stadium that holds 75,000.

they are fucking INSANE

fuck. in. hell.

they have fucking lost their minds. 750million pounds despite buying the club a mere two seasons ago, loading debt onto the club and not putting so much as spade in the ground.

you could probably get manu for less and that's with a stadium that holds 75,000.

they are fucking INSANE

My hope is that they get royally fucked over by the banks and have to sell for none or minimal profit. I can but dream :(

Update from ShanksLegend (Walter Mitty). It's not his just own slant on the Maddock story either, so stop that right now.

My man inside has today told me that they do not expect a bid for the club from anyone in Dubai until they know whats going to happen with us on the pitch at that time and also what will be happening with the refinancing from the owners, which is not good news am afraid.

Looks like we are going to have to sit back and watch now.

You can see were the Arabs are coming from here, and its obvious they want the club at a lot less they has been suggested.

Thanks Parry and Moores

And thank you, Shanks.

I love how these 'men on the inside' always seem to know the exact thought process of everyone involved.

So the yanks are sitting there, chewing the fat, and then it hits them: "Hey Tom, you fat cunt, how about we wait until we know what's going to happen on the pitch and then think about selling, huh?"

Thats not good news im guessing

Just deal in the facts mate ;

The refinancing is due in January, if G&T can't get this done our value will drop significantly, why wouldnt Dubai wait, it like waiting to see if someone gets repossed, you dont up your offer as that chance nears. Their original offer is on the table, and as Jan draws closer I can imagine a take it or leave it ultimatum. Its high stkes poker, he who blinks first losess.

So Id not expect anything to happen, apart from rumour and counter rumour until end of Nov, December time, as G&T will have explored what they can and cant do and know whats required, sell or sit tight.

But on the Yanks side, they wont sell unless they have to as they know its a buyers market rightnow.

ShanksBellend also said this on the 08/09/08:

"The club are expecting an upgraded offer from dubai soon, however it is known this will be their final attempt to gain control."

I think it's safe to say the guy is full of shit and his 'inside man' is in his head.

"The club are expecting an upgraded offer from dubai soon, however it is known this will be their final attempt to gain control."

I think it's safe to say the guy is full of shit and his 'inside man' is in his head.

LOOK AT ME, LOOK AT ME. OVER HERE, LOOK AT ME, I'M TOCCY LOOK AT ME.

Talking of Bellends, shouldnt you be doing homework.