You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Dealine day transfers thread

coop

• Replies 335
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hah, nice one Chuck.

Just saw this on the BBC page :

1654: Oh for crying out loud. Now all the chat is that Real Madrid are hoping to hijack City and United with a £36.5m bid for Berbatov.

Right....I obviously don't believe that that could ever happen, but what makes me wonder is : how could anyone believe that would happen? It's almost 5pm, and he'd have to fly out there for a medical, plus the clubs would have to get all the paperwork sorted before midnight wouldn't they? The medical being the main bit. How could anyone even think it's anywhere near possible?

Ah, this just came to mind : the only way that could possibly work would be if Real had pre-planned this and prepared, and sent out someone from their club to do the medical over here before midnight. Now I don't think that's the case at all, just more deadline day bullshit, but do things like that actually happen? Say, a member or members of staff from one club actually carry out the medical at the club they're buying from, and then wrap it up without the player having to travel over?

Hah, nice one Chuck.

Just saw this on the BBC page :

1654: Oh for crying out loud. Now all the chat is that Real Madrid are hoping to hijack City and United with a £36.5m bid for Berbatov.

Right....I obviously don't believe that that could ever happen, but what makes me wonder is : how could anyone believe that would happen? It's almost 5pm, and he'd have to fly out there for a medical, plus the clubs would have to get all the paperwork sorted before midnight wouldn't they? The medical being the main bit. How could anyone even think it's anywhere near possible?

Ah, this just came to mind : the only way that could possbily work would be if Real had pre-planned this and prepared, and sent out someone from their club to do the medical over here before midnight. Now I don't think that's the case at all, just more deadline day bullshit, but do things like that actually happen? Say, a member or members of staff from one club actually carry out the medical at the club they're buying from, and then wrap it up without the player having to travel over?

They could do the medical in Manchester, no problem, it`s been done before.

Danny Higginbottom being ushered in through the ack door at The Britannia Stadium for his homecoming to Stoke. Big fucking deal.

What about Riera though, I have never wanted to a transfr to go through so much sfor ages. And it is not becuase I think he is the greatest, we just need a left footed player, and to be able to say actually say we have a left footed wing player.

The only reason City could possibly have for lodging those bids is because Berbatov told them NO, and they're desperate to sign a big name. As for Real lodging a bid for Berbatov, they probably know he's completed one at Utd and City, so won't be too worried. Ehat6 makes me laugh is when did Berbatov become this wonder player? Yes he's good, but not £36 million good.

The only reason City could possibly have for lodging those bids is because Berbatov told them NO, and they're desperate to sign a big name. As for Real lodging a bid for Berbatov, they probably know he's completed one at Utd and City, so won't be too worried. Ehat6 makes me laugh is when did Berbatov become this wonder player? Yes he's good, but not £36 million good.

Unless they're going for all/a combination of.

This is going to be the arab guy picking players and Hughes putting up with it/taking the blame when it goes tits up.

RAFA THRILLED WITH RIERA SWOOP

The Reds have beaten off competition from Premiership opposition to secure the 26-year old on a four year contract.

Liverpool boss Rafael Benitez is thrilled to have landed the former Espanyol man and is confident his new recruit will have no problems in adapting to life in Premiership football.

"Riera has the qualities we were looking for," said Benitez. "He's a left footer who normally plays on the left wing, he's good in the air, strong, powerful and a good crosser of the ball.

"He's the kind of player we have been talking about. He can beat players and get good deliveries into the area for our strikers.

"We've known about him for a long time, since he was at Mallorca and then through his career with Bordeaux, Manchester City and Espanyol.

"He can talk English and of course he knows the Premier League, which is a big bonus. Usually foreign players need time when they go to a new country, but Riera already knows the league and the style of football

"He also had offers from other English clubs but he said no to them because he wanted to come and play for us. That means a lot to me because it shows the commitment he has to play for Liverpool."

Riera will wear squad number 11 at Anfield.

That'll be the end of our spending me thinks.

Anyone know what price we got him for?

£9m I think.

Espanyol wanted somewhere around £11m for him, which is what Everton offered, so Finnan has gone to Espanyol, and I imagine that was that.

Guest davelfc
According to SSN, a club that finished in the top 10 of the prem last season have bid for Joey Barton.

It couldn't be theose loveable bloos could it?

He's made for them and I'd be really surprised if it was not them, they're pretty desperate. If one of us walked past woodison right now we might get signed up.