You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

I found this mint little book full of quotes either from people associated with LFC or opponents of the club. Many of you have probably seen a lot of these before, but anyway, here are some of my faves:

If Everton were playing at the bottom of my garden, I'd draw the curtains- Bill Shankly

I am not hard. I am not a good fighter, but winning the ball and winning a fight are two different things. Roy Keane would probably beat me in a fight, but I don't know if he would beat me in a tackle- Steven Gerrard

How can you tell your wife you are just popping out to play a match and then not come back for five days?- Rafa Benitez on Test cricket

It is only my children who keep me awake at night- there's no other reason why I'd lose sleep before this game. Liverpool don't know how to attack- caution is at the heart of their game. We play the game properly: our defence is the best in Europe, and therefore the world- Paolo Maldini, AC Milan defender, before the 2005 Champions League final

In France, if you say they can have a drink, they have two drinks. Here, they have double figures of drink- Gerard Houllier

Anyone been in that little clearance book store just past KFC in the plaza in St John's? Still might have a few copies.

Sounds a good book mate, but mint is a fucking horrible manc word, nearest scouse is minty which generally means scruffy/dirty, eg fuck off yer minty bastard.... when some ome tries to skank a ciggy off yer in the street, which as a visitor to your fair country I'm getting used to, hope the World Youth Day pilgrims aren't spoiling yer week dude!

I found this boss little book full of quotes either from people associated with LFC or opponents of the club. Many of you have probably seen a lot of these before, but anyway, here are some of my faves:

If Everton were playing at the bottom of my garden, I'd draw the curtains- Bill Shankly

I am not hard. I am not a good fighter, but winning the ball and winning a fight are two different things. Roy Keane would probably beat me in a fight, but I don't know if he would beat me in a tackle- Steven Gerrard

How can you tell your wife you are just popping out to play a match and then not come back for five days?- Rafa Benitez on Test cricket

It is only my children who keep me awake at night- there's no other reason why I'd lose sleep before this game. Liverpool don't know how to attack- caution is at the heart of their game. We play the game properly: our defence is the best in Europe, and therefore the world- Paolo Maldini, AC Milan defender, before the 2005 Champions League final

In France, if you say they can have a drink, they have two drinks. Here, they have double figures of drink- Gerard Houllier

Anyone been in that little clearance book store just past KFC in the plaza in St John's? Still might have a few copies.

Would that be better? ;)

Hiya mate, I am Gary from ireland, my wife is from NSW and we live in scotland at the moment! Where you from in Aus mate? its a massive continent. I was out there a few months ago, the flight back was a b*******xeamondunphy. anyway drop me a line about the reds etc if you wanna talk football.

Cheers

G

ignore them friend, they are not being nice to you at all. but dont worry mancs have no sole...i hate them as supporters, i have nothing against the players who unlucky for them sign for him. Anyway I digress, do you know Wayne Rooney (dare I say on this website would be a better player:thumbup: for the reds than them! I know it and he knows it oo.)

ignore them friend, they are not being nice to you at all. but dont worry mancs have no sole...i hate them as supporters, i have nothing against the players who unlucky for them sign for him. Anyway I digress, do you know Wayne Rooney (dare I say on this website would be a better player:thumbup: for the reds than them! I know it and he knows it oo.)

They're alright over here mate, plus plazzy ronaldo's on off shenannigans with Real have taken the shine off their celebrations which has been fucking brilliant, but I'm looking foward to getting back to Liverpool for three weeks and hearing proper accents again, as opposed to plonkers from Stockport who sound like Bez, I'm looking forward to a pint and pork pie in the Lion.

Rooney as a Red, I hope I never live to see that, he's too dyed in the wool anti liverpool (blue shite and manc) the fuckers soul can never be rescued

Better, but "pesh" might have got you a few approving nods from the trabb-elite. ;)

Interesting, that. The first thought that come to mind when I read that was 'pech', the German word for 'bad luck' ie something someone would say to sympathise with a supporter whose team had just lost a match.

You learn something new everyday!