You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

• Replies 396
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest PaddyBerger15
One of our legends talking sense.

tribalfootball.com - Molby urges Liverpool not to sell Xabi

Spot on the bit about Xabi being a once in a lifetime player, you can find Barry's on every street corner.

Fucking fuck me right up the fucking fuck chute. Will you not just fuck off. Once in a fucking lifetime player my fucking bumhole.

Jesus fucking Christ, have you been watching him for the last 2 years or have your eyes dried up with congealed jizz? When he is on his game and everything is right, then Xabi is an asset to the team, so basically hardly any of the last 2 years.

When Xabi isn't on form he is laboured, slow, tackles arse first and once he becomes slow in thought as well as movement he is a sitting duck. It can't have escaped your notice how fucking anonymous he has been in big PREMIERSHIP games over the last 2 years. All he does most of the time is stroke nice sideways passes in non-threatening areas. He sits right on top of the back 4 as he has no pace to recover when he inevitably gives it away further up field.

Get a fucking grip, once in a lifetime player, I'm fucking sick of you already.

Xabi Alonso has looked like Jamie Redknapp for the last 2 years. He can play one position and one position only....just because he strolls around looking all cool and nice doesn't mean he actually contributes anything meaningful on a regular basis. He is hardly allowed into the opposition half these days as it takes him about a fortnight to get back, he tackles like Michael Thomas and pirouettes like Jamie Redknapp. He has had about 2 good games in the last 12 months. If somebody wants to offer 16m for him, take it now before the world wises up to the fact that he ain't all that and hasn't been since before the 2006 FA Cup final.

I will be sorry to see Xabi leave as he is a good guy and by the fact he is leaving means that he hasn't achieved all that we hoped he would. But once in a lifetime player, Mary, Mother of fucking Jeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeezus.

And breathe....

Some of you Fucking Twats do my head in.

How many of you who posted that he was the most important member of the team are now defending his sale at least Tom R is consisitent

Not only are some of you cameleons defending his sale you giving shit out to people who dont want him sold

Mind blowing stuff

You mean revert to 442 w/ Gerrard & Masch in the centre w/ Lucas & Plessis as back up? Could do, but would leave CM a bit light on proper quality. An injury to Masch would fuck us up. Need Xabi or Barry really.

Stankovic or Albelda ie someone who will do a very good job but will free up money for a creative top quality wide player

Guest PaddyBerger15
Some of you Fucking Twats do my head in.

How many of you who posted that he was the most important member of the team are now defending his sale at least Tom R is consisitent

Not only are some of you cameleons defending his sale you giving shit out to people who dont want him sold

Mind blowing stuff

Oh aye, yeah, because you are the right person to be lecturing on consistency of opinion aren't you?

Hows the BA(Hons) in Buffoonery from Malaga University coming along?

Xabi:

-Better passer.

-More skills.

-More creative.

-Reads the game better.

-A man for the big games. (often the only player who keeps his head cool – like the last game at Old Trafford).

-Dictates the games through his superior game intelligence with effective placing and simple, effective passes - a bit like Scholes. The unknowledgeable football viewer doesn`t see or understand this as it is not about running from box to box and banging in goals.

Barry:

-Left footed, which probably gives more balance and options.

When it comes to some other issues, I think it is hard to tell who is best. Xabi is VERY underrated when it comes to physical precense, work-rate and set-pieces – all which are issues where many posters strangely seem to strongly prefer Barry.

Both lack pace.

I am not falling into the trap of slagging Barry off. I think he is a decent player, he is just not in Xabi`s class. He is a 7/10 at his best while Xabi is a 9/10 at his best. I see the point in Barry being more consistent the last two years, but IMO it is obvious that we should stick like glue to every snippet of word class in the squad.

Barry is a good, effective work horse and the team will be weakened, but not dramatically, with him replacing Xabi. But should we accept to be weakened in ANY position if we want to catch United?

Fucking fuck me right up the fucking fuck chute. Will you not just fuck off. Once in a fucking lifetime player my fucking bumhole.

Jesus fucking Christ, have you been watching him for the last 2 years or have your eyes dried up with congealed jizz? When he is on his game and everything is right, then Xabi is an asset to the team, so basically hardly any of the last 2 years.

When Xabi isn't on form he is laboured, slow, tackles arse first and once he becomes slow in thought as well as movement he is a sitting duck. It can't have escaped your notice how fucking anonymous he has been in big PREMIERSHIP games over the last 2 years. All he does most of the time is stroke nice sideways passes in non-threatening areas. He sits right on top of the back 4 as he has no pace to recover when he inevitably gives it away further up field.

Xabi Alonso has looked like Jamie Redknapp for the last 2 years. He can play one position and one position only....just because he strolls around looking all cool and nice doesn't mean he actually contributes anything meaningful on a regular basis. He is hardly allowed into the opposition half these days as it takes him about a fortnight to get back, he tackles like Michael Thomas and pirouettes like Jamie Redknapp. He has had about 2 good games in the last 12 months. If somebody wants to offer 16m for him, take it now before the world wises up to the fact that he ain't all that and hasn't been since before the 2006 FA Cup final.

I will be sorry to see Xabi leave as he is a good guy and by the fact he is leaving means that he hasn't achieved all that we hoped he would. But once in a lifetime player, Mary, Mother of fucking Jeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeezus.

And breathe....

Serenity now..........

May I comment that your view on Xabi is one of the most horribly wrong and disgraceful views I have read in a long time? Thank you.

...still calm.....

Pros

Barry can play LM and LB as well as CM.

Cons

He isn't better than Alonso

Haha, oh wow that was easy.

Barry would suck as LB and LM, I would rather keep Riise then..He´s good as CM though.

Agree on that he´s not better than Alonso though. Biggest pro is that he´s english, due to FIFAs wishes about limiting foreign players.

I wish Patrick Berger was young fit and available, damn that sounds a bit gayish....

Haha!

My tuppenceworth anyway on the potential change in personnel.

Xabi is clearly unhappy/out of form/struggling in the role of the other defensive player next to Mascher, doing this in the 4-2-3-1 is stifling him I think and he doesn't get the freedom or time he enjoyed when we deployed a 4-4-2.

Rafa has his system, and I think he has set his stall for the 4-2-3-1 now, being able to have the appropriate players in the system in the majority of positions. Xabi, bless him, doesn't fit it, so it is better to cut him loose and replace him who would be an ideal fit in there (while being able to cover another 2 problem positions).

I would be sad to see Xabi go, but on the balance of things he is a bit of a luxury to have in your side and is not as versatile as Barry. Maybe if we had a quality squad already and only needed to top up the depth like the mancs and Chelsea then we would keep Xabi, but as it is, we need to maximise our chances of winning the league, and that would be replacing one player who doesn't fit with another who might. Sad i know, but necessary.

Guest PaddyBerger15
Serenity now..........

May I comment that your view on Xabi is one of the most horribly wrong and disgraceful views I have read in a long time? Thank you.

...still calm.....

You may and you have. No problem in embracing opinions that differ to mine, just not 87 times a day from the same person.

Barry is more tenacious and mobile with a killer feekick delivery and a better goal scoring record and whilst he is not as classy as Xabi he is far more adapt to playing in the Premiership week in week out. Also it must be noted that Xabi may have a touch of class but he gives away the ball ALOT in dangerous areas in very big games (seriously, look at all the big games in the past 2 years and 60% of the time he has given the ball away about 30 yards from our goal with a reckless pass)...

anyone who cant see the improvement Gaz Baz will bring to our team is fucking mental

And breathe....

Berger couldn't wipe Xabi's arse :whistle: