You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

The funniest thread ever

Fugitive

<fer_gal> 13,0 14/f/scotland

<Stefan> nice

<Stefan> got msn?

<fer_gal> 13,0i do but i'm on my mums laptop just now

<Stefan> i see

<Stefan> whats ur address

<Stefan> lets talk there?

<fer_gal> 13,0i cant my mum doesn't have msn installed Sad

<fer_gal> 13,0jus av 2 chat ere if u want?

<Stefan> can u go on another comp

<Stefan> ?

<fer_gal> 13,0my comp is away gettin fixed...it got the akabusi virus

The thread on there where they sent pictures of the "storm" into sky news was the funnies thing i had seen on the internet in years. It even made Private Eye.

Another week, another victory for citizen journalism at Sky News… As storms battered Britain at the beginning of last week, presenters on the rolling news channel begged viewers to “help us put together the fullest national picture possible” by sending in their photos of the damage.

Hundreds took up the invitation – including posters on the Football 365 web forum, who, finding out that such pisspoor efforts as a shot of a watering can (“the wind blew it round all night”) were being featured on the Sky website at yourphotos.sky.com, rose to the challenge and began to send in increasingly outlandish scenes created using photoshop and snaps lifted mostly from the rival BBC website.

By 11.30am on Tuesday, despite a solemn promise that “your photo will be checked by moderators before it can be displayed”, the 408 photographs in Sky’s “Wild Weather” gallery included a shot of a young Norman Wisdom dismayed by a car crushed by a tree; footballer Carlos Valderama in flooded New Orleans captioned “it’s windy here in Widnes”; a still from environmental disaster movie The Day After Tomorrow captioned “Whitley Bay”; a suspicious number of scenes of destruction featuring either teddy bears or the athlete and television presenter Kris Akabusi; and several shots of fallen trees and flooded streets in which missing toddler Madeleine McCann was clearly visible in the background.

Sadly the fun was terminated after a mere 24 hours when moderators caught on and deleted all the images.

Footballer Carlos Valderama in flooded New Orleans captioned “it’s windy here in Widnes”

Sometimes I wonder why I don't use F365 as much as I used to; then I remember it's because of the endless war the time feels it has to wage upon my loafing.

Wish I'd seen this - I was crying with laughter when I read the above. Akabusi in there too. Awooga.