You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Rate the last film you watched...

Elite

Unknown - Solid popcorn action thriller with Nicholas Cage - 7/10

The Disappaerance of Alice Creed - a bit bland, dislikeable characters, average - 5/10

Primer - the least I've understood a film ever - can't rate it

Aye. Played a wicked Oskar Schindler too.

I'm well behind on my films, so as I had a weekend saving money and stopping in, I decided Netflix an Lovefilm could help me get up to speed with what's been on since I crawled out from under the cinematic rock:

Surrogates

Decent premise (everyone lives their lives through surrogate cyborgs who like they've stepped out of a catalogue). Bruce Willis saves the day. A bit 'meh' andhollywood by numbers. Rosamund Pike brightens it up a bit. 5.34/10

Troll Hunter

Norwegian 'found footage' horror/ thriller. I fucking loved it. Had that whole 'Dog Soldiers', lo-fi production amid spectacular Norwegian scenery. Pretty tense and the main character is easily the equal of Indiana Jones heroism anyday - awesome. Loved it. 8.72/10

The Wrestler

How did this pass me by? Amazing film-making and despite his rubbery fizzog, Mickey Rourke fucking nails it, the hard fucking bastard. Marissa Tomei should have won the oscar that year - she's brilliant in it and the two really bounce off each other like the old hands I guess they are now. Proper film. 8.62/10

Iron Man 2 Gash. Fucking over-polished popcorn bollocks that not even Scarlett Johansson in a leather catsuit can lift. Just not my cuppa joe, man. 5.35/10.

More potted reviews of films you've long since stopped giving a shit about, soon!

Hats off to this thread. It's had over half a million views, well over twice the number of posts than any other thread on the site and is just about to hit 500 pages. An immense thread, one of the finest threads on the internet if you ask me.

Hats off to this thread. It's had over half a million views, well over twice the number of posts than any other thread on the site and is just about to hit 500 pages. An immense thread, one of the finest threads on the internet if you ask me.

That'll be because Simon still can't squeeze his DVD's into his BetaMax.

Indeed. Always check into this thread and have watched quite a few films down to the reviews in here. That said, I have also watched a few in spite of the reviews in here.

The Lion King - 10/10

Classic

When the Lights Went out - 5/10

A decent effort at an indie poltergeist flick, a very nice turn from the young girl in the lead. Bit like a Shane Meadows ghost film, but not as much fun... and pretty derivative.

X-Men - 6/10

Still a reasonable superhero film, even if things have moved on since, there's not enough "super" on show and the last act is really unfocused.