You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Red Dwarf Deal

Remmie

Guest PaddyBerger15
Wipe the rabid dribble from your mouth Holly and try again.

I used to agree with that Mr RJ, but 5, bits of 6 and some of 8 are damn good.

Quagaars....double A actually.

I agree with Weeksie on this one Mr.RJ. Series 5 is top bollocks, some of 6 is v good and some episodes of 8 are fucking grand...Krytie TV for one.

Guest PaddyBerger15
But it's a comedy show not a fit women show. That's why I watch comedy shows otherwise I'd watch Sex and the fucking city.

Kochanski was less funny then watching paint dry.

Indeed she was Remmstein, but she gave a tired and flagging show a new angle and some by play between Lister and Kryten. She was more of a conduit than a main player.

Indeed she was Remmstein, but she gave a tired and flagging show a new angle and some by play between Lister and Kryten. She was more of a conduit than a main player.
No way hombre. The whole concept is Lister is the last human. Then they bring her back & worse still (admittedly unavoidable) they got rid of Rimmer. It just doesn't work.

Guest PaddyBerger15
No way hombre. The whole concept is Lister is the last human. Then they bring her back & worse still (admittedly unavoidable) they got rid of Rimmer. It just doesn't work.

Chris Barrie wanted to leave the show...without Rimmer, Lister was only half the character. They needed another 'human' figure. No Kochanski, no series 7...no series 7, no return of Rimmer in series 8.

Chris Barrie wanted to leave the show...without Rimmer, Lister was only half the character. They needed another 'human' figure. No Kochanski, no series 7...no series 7, no return of Rimmer in series 8.
I know he wanted to leave hence the brackets. No series 7 & 8 to taint the show would have been a good thing in my opinion. And don't get me started on the graphical remastering.

Guest PaddyBerger15
I know he wanted to leave hence the brackets. No series 7 & 8 to taint the show would have been a good thing in my opinion. And don't get me started on the graphical remastering.

I don't necessarily disagree with any of that Rem, its just that even a pale shadow of its former self Red Dwarf is still the tits compared to some other piss poor comedy shows of the time. Series 7 and 8 weren't as good as previous offerings granted, but I'm still glad they were made and Kochanski was the price we had to pay to see Rimmer and Lister in tandem again.

7 is quite good. The JFK one was awesome, so is the episode where Rimmer becomes Ace, as is the episode where Lister is missing Rimmer and so Kryten puts the "Arnold, Arnold, Arnold" Rimmer Experience together.

Common theme? They have Rimmer in. Rimmer is one of the best characters in UK sitcom history.

As for the series, I love everything up to Kochanski really, although I watch 3 the least.

Id forgotten about those episodes in 7: very good indeed. And I agree about Rimmer too, fantastic character. Right from the first episode of the first series, a grade A twat.

Anyone read the books? They put the TV show to shame almost they are that good.

I bought one once. Very good.

I lent it to a guy in work who left shortly afterwards to have a sex-change op and changed his name from Mike to Mary. The cow never gave me the book back.

Guest PaddyBerger15

The books are very good indeed, especially the first one. In fact thats an ace shout that Remmstein, thats what I'll start tonight.

That episode in series 7, Tikka to ride, the JFK one, is ace.

But it's a comedy show not a fit women show. That's why I watch comedy shows otherwise I'd watch Sex and the fucking city.

Kochanski was less funny then watching paint dry.

Damn right

"I can't let you out...

Why noh?

Because the king of the potato people won't let me."