You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Paul

• 3 weeks later...

Dexter's Michael C. Hall Has Cancer

Dexter actor Michael C. Hall revealed Wednesday he has been battling cancer, but said he’s almost finished with treatment and the disease is in remission.

Hall, 38, said in a statement he is lucky to have been diagnosed with the “treatable and curable condition” – Hodgkin’s lymphoma – and thanked his Los Angeles-area medical team for their skill in caring for him.

His spokesman, Craig Bankey, said Hall’s cancer is in remission but the actor will continue scheduled treatments.

Hall plans to go with his wife – and Dexter costar – Jennifer Carpenter to Sunday’s Golden Globes, where he's nominated for best dramatic actor and the show as best drama. He also plans to attend the Screen Actors Guild Awards the following Saturday, where Hall and the cast are also nominated.

Guest Numero Veinticinco
Dexter's Michael C. Hall Has Cancer

Dexter actor Michael C. Hall revealed Wednesday he has been battling cancer, but said he’s almost finished with treatment and the disease is in remission.

Hall, 38, said in a statement he is lucky to have been diagnosed with the “treatable and curable condition” – Hodgkin’s lymphoma – and thanked his Los Angeles-area medical team for their skill in caring for him.

His spokesman, Craig Bankey, said Hall’s cancer is in remission but the actor will continue scheduled treatments.

Hall plans to go with his wife – and Dexter costar – Jennifer Carpenter to Sunday’s Golden Globes, where he's nominated for best dramatic actor and the show as best drama. He also plans to attend the Screen Actors Guild Awards the following Saturday, where Hall and the cast are also nominated.

Bad and good news.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
Guest ShoePiss
Where have you guys been watching series 5? I've seen series 1, 2, and 3 on TV here in the uk, and as far as I know that's as far as it's got here.

Season 5 hasn't started yet, loads of torrents available for season 4 though.

• 3 weeks later...

Just watched season 1-4 in 4 weeks - a great piece of TV, and something that pisses on anything British TV can produce.

Low points were the English actress (out of Hustle, I think) in season 2 , and Jimmy Smitz overacting in season 3, but apart from that, flawless, and very addictive.

Click on here for spoiler related further discussion:

Warning! The following content is NOT WORK SAFE. Click the Show button to reveal.

As someone who has 4 kids, I could relate to Dexter trying to juggle serial killing and raising a family, but not sure whether killing the (very fit) Rita off was the best way forward for the show. The tension that she may find out the truth about Dexter is gone, and maybe the balance of the show. His relationship with Deb is not as interesting (especially when you find out they are married in real life) - and can see the show going off the rails in a similar way to the Shield when they killed off Lem.

I have another TV fix to find - any ideas?

Edited by Remmie

Guest Numero Veinticinco
Edited with spoiler

Erm...

Warning! The following content is NOT WORK SAFE. Click the Show button to reveal.

but not sure whether killing the (very fit) Rita off was the best way forward for the show. The tension that she may find out the truth about Dexter is gone, and maybe the balance of the show. His relationship with Deb is not as interesting (especially when you find out they are married in real life) - and can see the show going off the rails in a similar way to the Shield when they killed off Lem.

Fucking spoilers out in the open, man! What's going on!

I have another TV fix to find - any ideas?

Have you seen Rescue Me?

Edited by Remmie

Guest Numero Veinticinco
Whoops - sorry - thought it was obvious from other threads - how do I edit it out?

Just click edit and then put the content in the [ nsfw] content here [/ nsfw] tags (without the spaces, obviously)

Guest Numero Veinticinco
Won't let me edit the post for some reason - I have brought shame on to the forum..

Did you learn nothing from the Shutter Island Experience™?

I'm sure there will be a moderator dude that will edit it when he or she (or other) sees it.