You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Thank you Chris Bascombe...

Kopite

...this means we are going to have to put up with your "mate" writing about us.

http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/liverpool-fc/liverpool-fc-news/2007/09/07/david-prentice-why-reds-must-count-on-success-100252-19749141/

Thank the Lord for small mercies. At least he's rehashing and not lifting stuff directly from other articles.

At University it was called plagiarising, which if you didn't know is a form of cheating. At the Echo it's called "The David Prentice Column".

...this means we are going to have to put up with your "mate" writing about us.

http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/liverpool-fc/liverpool-fc-news/2007/09/07/david-prentice-why-reds-must-count-on-success-100252-19749141/

Thank the Lord for small mercies. At least he's rehashing and not lifting stuff directly from other articles.

At University it was called plagiarising, which if you didn't know is a form of cheating. At the Echo it's called "The David Prentice Column".

I was impressed by this bit:

"This portrayal of Gravesen as some kind of steely midfield enforcer is second only to Rio Ferdinand’s reputation as a great defender, as football’s greatest fallacy."

Well said that man!

What are you on about? Prentice has been writing about us every week since he became chief football writer. Give it a rest, for god's sake.

My point, which you have missed, is that now Chris has gone we are going to have to put up with him until they announce his replacement.

On a secondary point, can you please stop stalking my posts. It seems I cannot post anything without one of your tedious digs appearing after it.

If you have a problem with me Chris then act like a man. Please either send me a PM or say it to my face. (This is not a threat). You are on the only one who is acting this way.

However I must admit that I curious as to why you constantly seek to have a dig at my expense. Now I know this is going to bring a load of abuse but I honestly don't recall you adding anything to the debate just your sly little digs.

I was impressed by this bit:

"This portrayal of Gravesen as some kind of steely midfield enforcer is second only to Rio Ferdinand’s reputation as a great defender, as football’s greatest fallacy."

Well said that man!

Well he looks a bit like Grant Mitchell (if he was a camp).

My point, which you have missed, is that now Chris has gone we are going to have to put up with him until they announce his replacement

Well your point is completely wrong. Prentice always writes a friday column, so that's neither here nor there. He did the match report last week not because Chris B had quit, but because he had booked the weekend off.

Bascombe hasn't left yet (as I posted on the other thread), he's working his notice, so Prentice's job is the same as it's been for the last few years, and yes, that involves writing about us.

I'd imagine by the time Chris leaves, his replacement will have been appointed.

You obviously have a problem with Bascombe's decision to go to the NOTW, but you can't blame him for Prentice doing the job he's being doing for years.

Well your point is completely wrong. Prentice always writes a friday column, so that's neither here nor there. He did the match report last week not because Chris B had quit, but because he had booked the weekend off.

My point was a jokey one, in that we are going to have to put up with Prentice until Chris's replacement is in place.

I can understand you defending your friend Dave, in fact I applaud it. However this doesn't alter the fact that it's getting a bit tedious now. I seem to be unable to post with Chris wading in with a jibe of some kind.

Bascombe hasn't left yet (as I posted on the other thread), he's working his notice, so Prentice's job is the same as it's been for the last few years, and yes, that involves writing about us.

I'd imagine by the time Chris leaves, his replacement will have been appointed.

You obviously have a problem with Bascombe's decision to go to the NOTW, but you can't blame him for Prentice doing the job he's being doing for years.

It's not my decision to make but in my opinion the NotW is the Sunday version of the Sun. My opinion is that Chris's talent merited a far better standard of newspaper.

I haven't gone over the top, despite being told to "f*ck off" by yourself for stating my opinion. If I had threatened him or wished ill on him then I could understand your reaction, but I didn't.

In fact I wish him the best of luck and hope he ultimately ends up at a quality newspaper.

You do know, Colin, that it's not necessarily the good journalists that end up with the broadsheets and vice versa, right?

The writing style and other demands are every bit as hard to master whether you're working for NoTW or a broadsheet.

And they don't make everything up either. Some of the best investigative reporters work for tabloids.

Stalking your posts? Colin, you're talking out of your arse. Your paranoid obsession with everything Everton is worse than a similar trait in any Evertonian I've ever encountered and it's fucking annoying. Get over it, and grow up for God's sake. The world isn't against us. It's not having a dig, it's pointing out the obvious.

Chris, I can't recall a post in relation to one of mine where you haven't had a dig. Even on the GF you can't help yourself.

Your primary point is utterly obselete. David Prentice has been writing match reports in Chris's absence for a couple of years now. This is no different. What were you trying to say anyway? That Chris Bascombe should never consider leaving the Liverpool Echo just so people like you wouldn't have to "put up with" Dave Prentice. It was just another excuse to have another pop at Chris.

No it wasn't, it was a joke and you seem to have missed it. My mistake was not putting a smiley on the end.

Like I responded to Dave, I've had my say and wish Chris all the luck in the world.

You do know, Colin, that it's not necessarily the good journalists that end up with the broadsheets and vice versa, right?

Well I consider Henry Winter and Dominic Fifield (and even Ian Ridley before he went into post-Houllier meltdown) as the best and they work for a broadsheet. On the otherhand so too does Martin Samuel.

I just hope that whoever takes over gives us some exclusives. Every time Chris Bascombe was on holiday all we got were stories taken from other papers. There was never anything about transfers either. I have no problem with him joining NOTW.

It's not my decision to make but in my opinion the NotW is the Sunday version of the Sun. My opinion is that Chris's talent merited a far better standard of newspaper.

That don't make it so, as you said it's your opinion. Others share that opinion, others don't. The point is, it's a grey area and no-one has the right to slaughter him as though he'd gone to work for the S*n. Rome 84 made a very interesting post about the difference between the two, but it was largely ignored.

I haven't gone over the top, despite being told to "f*ck off" by yourself for stating my opinion. In fact I wish him the best of luck and hope he ultimately ends up at a quality newspaper.

When I told you to 'fuck off', it was in response to your 'shame on you, Chris Bascombe' comment. Also, it was one of those 'fuck off Col' comments that I'd have said to your face in a conversation, not a serious 'fuck off!!'.

As for you wishing him all the best, I doubt that given the tone of your initial post on the matter.

As for you wishing him all the best, I doubt that given the tone of your initial post on the matter.

I made my point and unlike some I don't bear grudges therefore I do wish him all the best as I enjoyed his Echo articles. Whether you believe me that's you prerogative and I know I'm not a liar.

I personally think some of the people defending his decision have been as guilty as the BHB's off this world for "going off on one" as witnessed by some of the responses on this thread.

I read the first post on here and took it as a sort of, "you don’t know what you’ve got till its gone" type thing not having a go at CB's decision to go elsewhere.

Having read the reaction by a few on here, It seems a sort of Paranoia has set in amongst the shining knights?

Lets just get back to football i think the CB debate has been given far to much space for what is a private decision kiss and make up

I read the first post on here and took it as a sort of, "you don’t know what you’ve got till its gone" type thing not having a go at CB's decision to go elsewhere.

Having read the reaction by a few on here, It seems a sort of Paranoia has set in amongst the shining knights?

Lets just get back to football i think the CB debate has been given far to much space for what is a private decision kiss and make up

Cheers Bob, that is exactly what I meant when I posted it.