You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

tlw footy tonight...

dave u

Paul man, how's the calf?

In short, fucked. I can't fucking walk and the drive home was fucking agony. I went through thirty seven million sets of traffic lights and every single one of the fuckers was on red, which meant having to use my left leg. I'm really fucking angry with myself as I'd been feeling my calf all week (tore it twice before - once when I was 16 and again about seven years ago) and I shouldn't have even tried to play. However, I was really looking forward to it and I also wanted to say hello to Pete after so many years of bantering on here.

Why I didn't bother doing even some sort of half-hearted warm up, I don't know. What a knob. Looks like a long weekend on my arse now - although that's not actually too far removed from what would normally happen. And maybe therein lies the problem: you can't switch from being a sedentary fucker to Sport Billy over night.

Paul man, how's the calf?

Cheers for asking, by the way. I'm feeling so sorry for myself, I forgot to say the first time round. Are you Terry? If so, cheers for passing me my keys mate. The alternative was a pathetic limp/hop/stagger up the pitch and back again. You're a gent. (Or Terry is.)

Guest Ulysses Everett McGill
Cheers for asking, by the way. I'm feeling so sorry for myself, I forgot to say the first time round. Are you Terry? If so, cheers for passing me my keys mate. The alternative was a pathetic limp/hop/stagger up the pitch and back again. You're a gent. (Or Terry is.)

Moaning old twat

You're just making excuses after I broke you the other week, the same way Shevchenko has never been the same after Dudek broke him.

Give it up old man

It just pride fuckin with you

Fuck Pride

(6)

Nah man, in all seriousness rest up and don't rush back, trust me, i've had the worst 2 years with injuries, mainly due to coming back too early.

I'd like to make a few things clear:
  • Fake tan? FAKE TAN? Have you ANY idea how much this REAL TAN cost?
  • Similarly it's sooooo not peroxide. My stylist will scratch your eyes out bitch. "Bleached in the Mediterranean sun" excuse me.
  • That WAS NOT a comedy miss. I have much greater concerns than putting easy chances away. Just think, how fucking GOOD did I LOOK as I hit the ball? Bear in mind I was wearing Nino Cerruti, Dolce & Gabbana AND Alexander McQueen. Good grief, ifithadnabinforme, last night would have made a wonderful advert for Matalan, Costco and Primark.

Actually guys, to be clear, I really enjoyed myself tonight.

*emo*

That's a quality post, how can I argue with that?

Like our Al said, football wise yesterday was a pretty much perfect day. Shame I got flashed by the speed cameras on Scotty Road coming home though, now I have to sweat until I find out if get the fine and points.

Got flashed a couple of months back and got away with it, so this time I reckon my luck will have run out. Gutted.

I'd like to make a few things clear:
  • Fake tan? FAKE TAN? Have you ANY idea how much this REAL TAN cost?
  • Similarly it's sooooo not peroxide. My stylist will scratch your eyes out bitch. "Bleached in the Mediterranean sun" excuse me.
  • That WAS NOT a comedy miss. I have much greater concerns than putting easy chances away. Just think, how fucking GOOD did I LOOK as I hit the ball? Bear in mind I was wearing Nino Cerruti, Dolce & Gabbana AND Alexander McQueen. Good grief, ifithadnabinforme, last night would have made a wonderful advert for Matalan, Costco and Primark.

Actually guys, to be clear, I really enjoyed myself tonight.

*emo*

You've got more excuses than the Bitters, Roger!

Like our Al said, football wise yesterday was a pretty much perfect day. Shame I got flashed by the speed cameras on Scotty Road coming home though, now I have to sweat until I find out if get the fine and points.

Got flashed a couple of months back and got away with it, so this time I reckon my luck will have run out. Gutted.

Been nailed there too and having asked around, the myth was that it doesn't have "a film in" and indeed, I was in receipt of no bad tidings. Was at least a year ago but suspect nothing will have changed.

Been nailed there too and having asked around, the myth was that it doesn't have "a film in" and indeed, I was in receipt of no bad tidings. Was at least a year ago but suspect nothing will have changed.

Yeah Dave I dont want to get your hopes up too much but Pagey reckons he got flashed there as well and nothing came of it. Its not so much theres no film in it but its so busy that the film is always running out (apparently)

By the way, anyone who didn't pay last night, can you give your £2 to Ted next week, as he paid for the pitch on his card.

Any mony left over from when we play, goes into the TLW footy kitty, which we'll use to buy footys and maybe even some posts for next summer.

I am Terry mate, yeah. Nice meeting ya, albeit very briefly!

Yeah Dave I dont want to get your hopes up too much but Pagey reckons he got flashed there as well and nothing came of it. Its not so much theres no film in it but its so busy that the film is always running out (apparently)

I got ran over on Scotty when I was like, 14. The policeman who came to our house said there's no film in them and they're only there because of the amount of accidents that happen on that road. Shit lot of good they done me though.

I got ran over on Scotty when I was like, 14. The policeman who came to our house said there's no film in them and they're only there because of the amount of accidents that happen on that road. Shit lot of good they done me though.

Nearly blew my 1000'th post on you there son, been building up to this prestigious moment for about 3 years, thought it would never come, 998 two left.

Righty, its that time again, try and get it sorted early this week eh?

Runners and riders, who's in?

Dave

Chris

Myself

I'm deffo out. I still can't walk properly (not that that would make any difference to the quality of my game, mind).

Oh I don't know Paul, I'd say walking is a big part of your game! Mine too, to be fair like.

Fuck off!!! The only thing I ever do consistently well on a football pitch is run (albeit not that quickly). It's a very effective policy, too. No fucker gives me the ball, but I can sometimes con opponents into thinking they might, thereby creating space for my more able teammates.

However, even that asset may be dead in the water now. During the 30 seconds of outfield "play" I managed last week, I took up a great position on the left for a ball from Paddy. Someone told Stu to watch me and he said, "It's OK, I've got him" - from about twenty five fucking yards away!!! The sad thing is, he did, too. Mind you, I'm blaming Paddy. I want the ball to feet or not at all.

Star man had to go to one of the opposition last week. A man down and they made a real game of it; good engines all round to keep it looking like a proper game.

Has anyone mentioned my backflicked goal and my Romario assist to Dave Stoitchkov yet? Someone should really shouldn't they, I guess it'll have to be me.

I have a fucked up back but I'll be playing; I fucked it up lifting furniture about a week and a half ago and my form has been ace ever since. It makes no sense.