You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

PS3 or XBOX 360

rondeco

PS3 or XBOX360  

64 members have voted

1. 1. PS3 or XBOX360

• 1 year later...
  • Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 4 months later...
2 years old today Cardie, and still going strong.

Playing GTA The Lost And The Damned earlier today, Xbox makes strange noise, game freezes and red ring of death appears. What a twat.

Not yet 2 1/2 years old, serves me right for being smug (I thought everyone else broke theirs because they can't look after things).

Get on the blower to Microsoft, you're covered.

Cheers for that, just been on the Xbox website and the warranty is for 3 years so I'm covered, just rang them and they asked me to call back tomorrow and they would arrange to come and pick it up. I may follow Malarkey's advice though and trade the replacement console and my games in and get a PS3 instead.

That's fair enough. I'm glad you're covered though, at least it's not like the dark old days where they refused to acknowledge it was a problem. It must cost them a fortune but credit to them, they deal with it and they deal with it fast, even though it's totally and utterly ludicrous that the problems are allowed to happen as they are.

• 1 year later...

Is it worth the money on Xbox to play online. The PS3 is doing my head in, just completely full of cheaters and laggers. It's farcical at the minute, quit playing MW3 today because of playing against cheats, moved onto MW2, started a TDM and my teammate was cheating. I don't enjoy playing online anywhere near as much as I used to.

Does paying for Xbox live guarantee a better online experience?

Is it worth the money on Xbox to play online. The PS3 is doing my head in, just completely full of cheaters and laggers. It's farcical at the minute, quit playing MW3 today because of playing against cheats, moved onto MW2, started a TDM and my teammate was cheating. I don't enjoy playing online anywhere near as much as I used to.

Does paying for Xbox live guarantee a better online experience?

Simple answer, mate. No.

I have both a ps3 and 360 and I only use the ps for exclusives and blue rays. I have never come across a hacked lobby on the 360 and I have put in something like 3 days when I look at my time played online. You get dicks who go in free for all and use tactical insertions to spam kill streaks but I blame infinity ward for that. They should have learned that lesson from mw2.

Speaking of mw2 I put 20 days online on that and only came across hacked lobby's possibly 3 times. If you google " cheap Xbox live" you shouldn't pay more than 30 quid for a year and the live experience is flawless in my experience. Maybe I have been lucky

The only game I play is fifa. And not even online, just multi player when I have people over. Luckily this means this minefield of pros and cons is pretty fucking irrelevant to me.

In fact I might just sell my xbox and download cracked games for the pc, using my existing xbox controllers. Yea, that's what I'll do. OK, good talk.