You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

fuck. DIC pull out ..

Barrington Womble

I get the impression that DIC are NOT prepared to pay over the odds and have offered what they believe is fair market value. the problem for them is once their offer became public Gillette then decided to add a bit more to his borrowing expectations and submitted a revised bid.

Gillette is prepared to pay over the odds, he'll possibly go to the bank or the world of high risk finance and say he has some great plan to increase revenues and that it's all worth it

DIC seem pissed that they were even entertaining it, so pulled out

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's been nearly and hour since this was announced and the silence from the club speaks volumes.

When it comes to negotiating anything we really seem to be pretty clueless about the whole thing.

Anyone else wonder what Rafa is thinking right now, he probably had the extra transfer funds spent already!

If this is true, all manner of hell will break loose now.

It is true.

DIC have handled themselves impeccably. They took six weeks to check the books, yet we are told (via the Echo) that Moores was concerned by that and was more impressed that Gillett's people took three days.

I know who I'd trust in those circumstances, and it wouldn't be the cowboy who just skimmed through the books going 'yeah yeah yeah it all seems fine'.

I honestly feel sick. We have fucked up big style on this one. That American can fuck right off.

Useless imcompetent greedy fucken bastards.

The biggest moment in the history of our club in recent years and they have somehow managed to fuck it up.

Dont know about Rash but I am about to explode.

Cunts

Convenient for Moores to hide behind the minor shareholders. Also convenient for him to let everyone blame Granada.

I'd never thought of it like that. Now I'm seriously worried if this is serious trouble at the top.

Do you have any idea if the DIC deal is salvageable or not?

He added: "Liverpool is the most successful football club in English football history.

"It exists to win things for its supporters. It deserves to be in the hands of people who support it, who understand its history and legend and who share the enthusiasm and passion of its fans.

"As businessmen, we move on. As fans, we hope that the new owners would share the same vision as we had for LFC and, of course, in realising the new stadium that is so badly needed to ensure the club can continue to compete at the highest level in the Premiership and Europe.

"I am sure I will be back at Anfield with my family soon to support my team, as I have done so in the last 30-plus years.

"In the meantime, I wish the manager, the players and everyone connected with the club the best of fortune for the challenges ahead and will make sure that I am there the day they lift the Premiership trophy."

It's been nearly and hour since this was announced and the silence from the club speaks volumes.

When it comes to negotiating anything we really seem to be pretty clueless about the whole thing.

Anyone else wonder what Rafa is thinking right now, he probably had the extra transfer funds spent already!

Parry and Moores will be sitting off somewhere, shitting their pants wondering how they can talk their way out of this. They've made the club look like a fucking laughing stock.

The sad thing is, I bet Rafa isn't even surprised, he's used to them fucking deals up.

It is true.

DIC have handled themselves impeccably. They took six weeks to check the books, yet we are told (via the Echo) that Moores was concerned by that and was more impressed that Gillett's people took three days.

I know who I'd trust in those circumstances, and it wouldn't be the cowboy who just skimmed through the books going 'yeah yeah yeah it all seems fine'.

Exactly, this is a huge business proposition with huge amounts of money at stake. The whole thing leaves us looking like complete idiots.

The more i saw and heard of DIC the more i warmed to them and was hopeful of the takeover going through smoothly, but just like every transfer we try an complete you could just see the whole thing going wrong.

It is true.

I cant but help think it would be a case of the Glazers if Gillette took over,

id prefer us to have someone in charge of the club who regards us highly as a club like Ansari, the fact gillette calls our team, the most successful team in England a "brand" speaks volumes for me, I dont want him anywhere near our club.

...Moores was concerned by that and was more impressed that Gillett's people took three days.

Given a story I was told by a very reliable source this doesn't surprise me at all. Moores has form for being impressed by cowboys.

can you fucking blame him, i had a horrible feeling this would happen after reading some article last night, we pricked about with the 7th richest man in the world, the whole board, or particulalrly whoever pricked about deserves a right good kick in the bollocks!!!!

Spot on!

These people are serious players and Moores, Parry, and their cronies have spat in their eye.

As said before with everything goin well on the pitch this is something we don't need.

Its obvious nobody outside the boardroom knew what was going on. Rafa knew nothing, neither did the players, Stevie G mentioned the takeover the last time he was interviewed.

I've just started a keep fit regime but after this news its down the pub and chicken and chips after!!:dunno:

The really stupid thing about this is Rafa and key players have met with DIC and are really impressed, you just know that the vultures in the press will be circaling and stirring the shit.....Rafa to..........Stevie G to............

I feel really sick, the board have let me, my family, my friends, my fellow fans and the City of Liverpool down, the reason there is no comment from the club is pure and simple ............Shame