You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Transformers

RED Tezza

Yep.

It has the potential to be a good summer blockbuster disaster flick, problem is it's got a brand attached and it and very little of that brand is being stuck too.

well there was'nt much they could stick too really. I dunno whose in it from the Originals but Prime looks right (colours anyway) there are certain things you cant do spot on from Cartoon too Film. Batman, Superman, X-men its just not realistic enough. As long as their Recognisable, it should outweigh the fact its not 100% if the General story and Characters are right.

I'm lookin forward too it anyway.

• 6 months later...

Just watched it and what a fucking film. Completely suprised how much I actually enjoyed. Everything Independence Day should have been and more.

Optimus Prime is way cool with the voice....the changes are top draw.

F22's engaging Slipstream in mid air - holy fucking shit

No cheesy shit and not even cartoony as I thought it would have by the bucket loads.

Not seen as much damage, buildings destroyed etc in a long time on the big screen.

Battle scenes are jaw dropping

Immense.

Watch it ppl....it really is great.

I was just about to do a search for what other films the director had done.

That has depressed me.

My roommate saw this on Tuesday, and he said it was great. Mostly about the Transformers and crazy action. He said Michael Bay managed to not screw it up, and that makes me happy. I'm going to see it tomorrow, and I'll do a review on Sunday morning for all you folks. I was worried that Bay was going to try to make it into a love story, or all about how the humans deal with the invasion. He fucked up Pearl Harbor badly, and I figured he'd do the same with Transformers, but he managed to get it right enough that it's still an awesome film...or so my roommate has said.

I'll fill you guys in on Sunday.

I don't the enthusiasm for a film about crap toys.

Biggest suprise for me was how great the concept actually translated on to the big screen.

The action sequences are immense with no let up from the start of the film to the end.

Its as dark as it can be for its rating, and Megatron is pure evil in the film....the way the bastard rips apart one of the autobots.

The only real negatives are, with so much happening with the action you can lose it impact, espcially with too many closely shot.

For pure entertainment, this film is bloody great.:thumbup:

i thought it was awesome the transformers and their transformations were immense and the fights were incredible. I thought the kid was good as well i find him quite entertaining in all the films ive seen him in.

On another note i think the kid has one foot that is bigger than the other noticeably big, i saw it mentioned on the soup but i thought it might of been a joke or some optical illusion then i watched that movie disturbia and was looking out to see if it was true and every time they showed his feet in shot his left foot was always hidden by clever camera angles :ermm:

Look at this clever photography this is the only pic on the web with his feet in it, i know it's sad that i even care but ive become obsessed with knowing the truth,

slice_1.gif

Saw the most complete trailer I've seen for Transformers on Saturday when we went to see Die Hard 4.0 and it looks amazing. Die Hard was fucking ace, too. Can't believe how many snotty reviews of it I've seen from critics. Don't they get the concept of escapist entertainment?

Having now watched it can I just say what the fuck.

Action is Quality, the rest has 'made by michael bay' stamped all over it.

That first scene with Optimus introducing everyone is cringeworthy and making him out to be some clumsy oaf is just stupid ('my bad'?!?!?!?).

Was half expecting Kate Beckinsale and Josh Hartnett to show up hugging and kissing each other half way through the fight scenes.