You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Trainees

Vincent Vega

• 4 months later...
1 hour ago, Section_31 said:

What's the score with Reebok these days? Are they decent? 

No, they're crap. 

I bought a pair last year, mainly for nostalgic reasons, and funnily enough, actually threw them in the bin today, after no more than 5 days of wear. 

Starting to wear those ON runners at the moment. Really comfy..... And well worth the money 

• Upvote 3

55 minutes ago, chrisbonnie said:

No, they're crap. 

I bought a pair last year, mainly for nostalgic reasons, and funnily enough, actually threw them in the bin today, after no more than 5 days of wear. 

Starting to wear those ON runners at the moment. Really comfy..... And well worth the money 

Which Reebok trabs did you buy?

38 minutes ago, chrisbonnie said:

No, they're crap. 

I bought some last year and they were shite too. Haven't even lasted 12 months.

2 hours ago, Section_31 said:

What's the score with Reebok these days? Are they decent? 

See my badly taken photo.

They were terrible in rain, plus the inside started to wear after less than six months.

They feel really cheaply made, I've had better quality from shoezone!

• Upvote 1

41 minutes ago, Section_31 said:

Cheers fellas, what about new balance? Been looking at those 574s but dunno if they look a bit wacky.

New Balance are well made and comfortable. The made in UK and USA ones are the best in terms of quality, but prices are ridiculous now.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Remmie said:

Anyone else got wide feet? Recommend me a brand, I know about Sketchers, anyone else good for fat feet? 

I have wide feet and a lot of adidas stuff still fits. I have to go up a size in most footwear to get wider fittings though.

• Upvote 1

9 hours ago, Section_31 said:

Cheers fellas, what about new balance? Been looking at those 574s but dunno if they look a bit wacky.

Been having the same existential crisis the last few weeks looking for trainers, having spent the last decade basically alternating between Sambas and Hamburgs. 

Quite like the idea of that 574 type shape now. Le Redoute always seems to have some sort of sale online so you'd find something you like there. 

• Thanks 1

I dont wear trainees these days as I'm old and near death. I wear shoes. Thankfully I dont yet wear loafers with tassels, but this could be round the corner as my senility increases