You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

How f*ckin hot is it?

Guest Momo Sissoko

4C high today, winds from the northwest 10km/h.

Lake still frozen over, Thelon River not yet running.

Geese and ptarmigan are plentiful; a ringed seal was found near the Falls where Chesterfield Inlet and Baker Lake meet- it was duly shot and retrieved with the meat and blubber being shared around the community. A barrenground grizzly was also spotted this past weekend 50 km out of town.

Geese and ptarmigan are plentiful; a ringed seal was found near the Falls where Chesterfield Inlet and Baker Lake meet- it was duly shot and retrieved with the meat and blubber being shared around the community. A barrenground grizzly was also spotted this past weekend 50 km out of town.

I'm on the first plane / skidoo combo to Nunavut... sweltering's overrated

What's the insect count?

Guest Jay W

Couln't sleep at all last night 'cause of the heat, nightmare yesterday an all, like a f'kin oven....

Gonne be even warmer at the weekend I beleive...

Bloody freezing here underneath the air-con vent, but the two fat birds sat on either side of me start dangerously overheating whenever they do anything more taxing than breathing so I have to live with it.

Fat birds eh? Wrong on so many levels.

I was thinking about what a nation of whinging bitches we Brits are today in work as I heard a colleague, who was only moaning about the rain and chilliness a mere couple of weeks ago, start rattling on about how they hate it when it's so hot. I love the sun and heat.