You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

I had a fry-up on Sunday morning as well.Went to a local caff. Bacon, Sausage, fried egg, mushrooms, black pud and fried tomato. The woman behind the counter went to ruin the whole meal with a ladle full of beans.

You'll see her in a reconstruction on next month's Crimewatch. She'll be the bean-covered corpse with a frying pan sticking out of her fanny.

I had a fry-up on Sunday morning as well.Went to a local caff. Bacon, Sausage, fried egg, mushrooms, black pud and fried tomato. The woman behind the counter went to ruin the whole meal with a ladle full of beans.

You'll see her in a reconstruction on next month's Crimewatch. She'll be the bean-covered corpse with a frying pan sticking out of her fanny.

bet you've bean there done that ;)

Guest BootleBoy
WTF is jasmine tea? Now, in all seriousness, that does sound gay

I wouldn't even drink that shite and according to everyone on this forum, I'm fruity!

Jasmine tea is fucking great... with a Chinese meal. But with a fry up? Dave, you are clearly a man who likes to plough his own furrow (so to speak).

Agreed, you really need a good strong Indian tea with a fry up. A Darjeeling or an Assam.

Guest BootleBoy
Agreed, you really need a good strong Indian tea with a fry up. A Darjeeling or an Assam.

Whatever happened to good old PG fucking tips?!

Guest BootleBoy
Mashed by yer Mam at 11 o'clock. Left on the table with the cosy on. Warm water added at 3 o'clock and swirled round the pot a bit. Mmmm.

Lovely stuff!

Guest BootleBoy
Cath, I do drink both of them also (I only drink blacl tea), but I find that Jasmin cleans your pallat

Oh FFS!!! Get a grip and drink proper tea!

And you lot think I'm poncey!

Guest No Angel
If we're talking tea, you have to go along way to beat a nice cup of smokey Lapsang Souchong.

"Lapsang souchong, is a black tea originally from Zheng Shan part of Mount Wuyi in the Fujian province of China. This tea is considered to be one of the most strongly flavored teas. It was historically considered a "man's tea", but recently has become popular with women as well as men.

Lapsang souchong is a tea which has been withered over pine or cedar fires, pan-fried, rolled and oxidized before being fully dried in bamboo baskets over burning pine. The result is a flavor usually described as "smoky". Sometimes the flavor is described as "oaky", a reference to fine wines (which are stored in oak barrels and develop a detectable flavor) but, in fact, oak is not used in the process. Tea drinkers describe lapsang's flavor as "assertive" and "bold". Lapsang souchong is considered most complementary to spicy or salty foods. Also, it is purported that this tea is well suited to outdoor enthusiasts, especially after intense physical activities like hiking, distance running, or rock-climbing.

Some people who try lapsang souchong have negative reactions to its flavour and aroma. It can be bitter, and is certainly not sweet. Lapsang souchong is described sometimes as an "acquired taste", or a substance one must taste several times before liking the taste. Some tea connoisseurs compare the taste of low-quality lapsang souchong to that of cigarette ashes.

Trace amounts of lapsang souchong are included in the Twinings company's Earl Grey blend."

Guest No Angel

"Lapsang souchong is considered most complementary to spicy or salty foods. Also, it is purported that this tea is well suited to outdoor enthusiasts, especially after intense physical activities like hiking, distance running, or rock-climbing."

Sounds like you Noos!

Guest No Angel
It is historically considered a man's tea, best after some intense physical activity. Like shagging.

Get in.

Real men drink Lapsang Souchong.

unless they fall straight to sleep ;)

Lapsonng Souchong - Jesus, a man's tea - yup, a gay man's tea. I'm not averse to a cup opf early grey or a nice kenyan or even a funky little assam - nice and robust but the topic here is a fry up and i'm afraid that only thing to go with that is a strong, well mashed cup of pg tips. Anything else is just too ponce like and limp wristed

Guest No Angel
pyramid teabags are a shit gimmick. They don't make any difference to the brew. I also hate those teabags that come with a drawstring. They don't squeeze the bag like a good mashing with a teaspoon.

Can you get non-perforated teabags? How does that work then??[/QUOTE]

Loose Tea Noos ;)

pyramid teabags are a shit gimmick. They don't make any difference to the brew. I also hate those teabags that come with a drawstring. They don't squeeze the bag like a good mashing with a teaspoon.

Can you get non-perforated teabags? How does that work then??[/QUOTE]

Loose Tea Noos ;)

That's not a teabag then is it?