You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

So who should be our next manager?

9 minutes ago, Mudface said:

Hodgson certainly did, but his tried and tested chat up methods didn't translate. 

I think you'll find his methods have translated from Halmstads to Malmo, to Orebo to Neuchatel Xamax, to the Swiss national team, so I find the suggestion they wouldn't to Linda in Boston insulting. 

• Haha 3
  • Upvote 3

as shocking as it was that Klopp has decided to stand down, there's also a sense of excitement of who will get the job next.

i dont think any Liverpool supporter of a certain age wont feel extremely nostalgic and nearly emotional if Xabi gets the job. 

I know i will anyway 

• Upvote 1

I was reading an article about Ruben Amorim & he sounds really impressive. When he was at Braga, Sporting paid £8m compo to get him in even though he was very inexperienced so he must be highly thought of in the game. 

I'd love Xabi to be our manager but Amorim could be a good option.

1 hour ago, andrew78 said:

I've a feeling they are going to get someone else I hope I'm wrong,I think majority of the fans will only accept xavi , anyone else and I think they will not last long at all ,

Xabi or xavi? Cause xavi can stay where he is for me

18 hours ago, chrisbonnie said:

as shocking as it was that Klopp has decided to stand down, there's also a sense of excitement of who will get the job next.

i dont think any Liverpool supporter of a certain age wont feel extremely nostalgic and nearly emotional if Xabi gets the job. 

I know i will anyway 

I’m glad you’re excited mate because I’m fucking shitting myself. 

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, Bjornebye said:

I’m glad you’re excited mate because I’m fucking shitting myself. 

Well it's slightly easier to be optimistic than at any other time I've supported the club. 

We're in a good position and are looking for someone to keep the buzz going. Previously we've been deep in the shit, hoping the next manager moves us out of the shit instead of even deeper into it. 

It's between Xabi and Amorim for me. I know nothing about either manager, how they play.. anything so hopefully FSG put in more work than I do and come to the same conclusion because frankly if its someone else especially Thomas Frank or De Zerbi ( who I've done a 180 on ) then I won't rest until they are hounded out of the club.

Unless some new name appears that's hyped up as a sure fire winner who everybody is excited about.

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 1

On 02/02/2024 at 12:05, Barrington Womble said:

I think you'll find his methods have translated from Halmstads to Malmo, to Orebo to Neuchatel Xamax, to the Swiss national team, so I find the suggestion they wouldn't to Linda in Boston insulting. 

It wasn't his fault she didn't like smints.

For him to have got a result there would have been utopia and there can be no qualms with his performance in defeat whatsoever.

• Haha 2