You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Arsenal (H) - Sat 23rd Dec 2023 (5:30pm)

Trumo

4 minutes ago, Code said:

The Salah what?

Scoring a worldie and putting another one on a plate for Trent to win the game is a problem? Is that what you are saying?

I had a look at Martinelli this game, he’s actually pretty shite, heads down and run straight forward seems to be his one trick. 

Your missing the other 15 counter attacks where he fucks up a easy pass.

• Upvote 1

Very bad start but we battled back and really should have won it. The chance for Trent was after some real Red Arrows stuff. As Mo carried it forward, I kept saying to wait for the opportune moment. He did and picked out the right option, but the ball sat up a little just as Trent went to shot, and he ended up getting under the ball far more than he would have liked.

Arsenal now are an odd match-up for us, similar to how the teams were when Rafa and Wenger were in charge. Arsenal look more fluid in possession whereas we are more blood and thunder. At times they effortlessly run rings around us, and at others they very last ditch in keeping us at bay.

I think they should have given a penalty to us for handball against Odegaard. He might have been unbalanced a little but I think he panicked. Put it this way, it's nothing like the Van Dijk incident at Brighton. The ball didn't come off another part of his body onto his hand. As sure as the next bantz Paddy Power post, that would be given if it was one of ours. If the ref was unsighted (and he might have been, I'm not sure), the VAR should be at least asking him to take a look.

There were at least 2 moments where we got into promising positions in the last third and took the wrong option. The first was when Joe, not long on the field, bustled past his opponent but declined to shoot, instead looking for more awkward option in the box. The second was Dom passing it behind Mo when a shot at goal was a better option. Dom later took a shot at goal (a tentative and wayward shot wide, very reminiscent of Hendo!) when he could have played Cody in.

Robbo is out long term with a shoulder issue, and then his deputy breaks his collarbone in a freak accident. I don't think the collision with the boss was the cause, and I don't attach any blame to Saka. It looked like the initial awkward landing did it. Although it might be an idea to paint the lines of the technical area a bit further back. Kostas will now be out until March or April. A defender (left sided ideally) is a must for me in January.

2 minutes ago, Code said:

You want him to do keepie uppies in the centre circle?

Not to lose the ball on many counter atracks. It's pointless engaging on you with Salah. He could pit in a terrible performance buy if the ball hit him on tbe arse and went in you'd claim he did his job

He's been our best forward but them numbers are saving him from more critism for his overall play. As I've said he does t domi ate games anymore, he shows in moments. Sadly nobody else is helping him 

download.jpeg

6 minutes ago, Code said:

Salah should have been awarded a penalty when he chipped the ball past Ødegaard, a penalty he would have scored .

I know you struggle with facts so I'll summarise it for you:

1 - He wasn't awarded a pen because Ødegaard slipped.

2 - You've absolutely no idea whether he would have scored or missed. 

He scored a very good goal tonight and we wouldn't have got the draw without him. But everything (and I mean everything) else he did was absolutely gash.

I actually don't even know why I'm even bothering responding to you about Salah, if I'm honest. It's like trying to tell truths to Donald Trump. Utterly pointless. 

• Upvote 1

Just now, ZonkoVille77 said:

He scored a very good goal tonight and we wouldn't have got the draw without him. But everything (and I mean everything) else he did was absolutely gash.

I actually don't even know why I'm even bothering responding to you about Salah, if I'm honest. It's like trying to tell truths to Donald Trump. Utterly pointless. 

Ødegaard did not slip, he reached for the ball in panick. 

I see you ignore the run with the ball and pass for Trent.

Probably did not fit the agenda?

Just now, ZonkoVille77 said:

He did slip though. Do you think he didn't? Any natural reaction is to try break your fall. Would you be happy if we conceded a penalty that way? I wouldn't. 

Screenshot_20231223_214347_Samsung Internet.jpg

It’s the most blatant penalty I’ve ever seen, he was basically playing basketball and then looked around like he’d just shit his kecks. 

11 minutes ago, ZonkoVille77 said:

You aren't telling truths. You're giving your opinion on how someone played in a footy match. He's giving his. Him not agreeing with you doesn't make him ignorant of any truth.

35 minutes ago, BeefStroganoff said:

Why do we have this attitude though? Theres trophies to be won NOW. City have had a dodgy first half of season. Arsenal are no great shakes. This league is winnable.

It’s not winnable if we have no one to pick from!

You played football manager before? Yeah easy innit. Maybe we should ask fsg and klopp to get some advice from Todd boelhy on buying players and success.

Even if it was that easy it’s not how it works, and never has or will be how klopp works. 

I thought Klopp summarised it well when he said arsenal are really good, but luckily it turns out so are we

7 minutes ago, ZonkoVille77 said:

He did slip though. Do you think he didn't? Any natural reaction is to try break your fall. Would you be happy if we conceded a penalty that way? I wouldn't. 

Screenshot_20231223_214347_Samsung Internet.jpg

But he didn’t break any fall. He never hit the ground and stayed on his feet. Look at the arm movement either from the front or behind and it’s clear he’s deliberately moving his arm to block the ball. I honestly think that was a clear penalty.

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, Chris said:

You aren't telling truths. You're giving your opinion on how someone played in a footy match. He's giving his. Him not agreeing with you doesn't make him ignorant of any truth.

Which part of anything I've said is missing the truth?

The facts are he didn't get a penalty and saying he would definitely score the penalty is a fucking guess - pure speculation on an event that didn't happen. I'm not even giving an opinion, I'm stating facts. 

59 minutes ago, etho said:

You’d have thought Arsenal battered us 5-0 judging by the comments on here. I thought we were the better side despite not playing anywhere near as well as we could have done in the final third. Trent finishes that chance 98 times out of 100

Indeed.  We're missing key players and we've just played the league leaders; we were the better team and should have won.  It's frustrating and a few players were disappointing, but let's not go overboard.

1 minute ago, ZonkoVille77 said:

Which part of anything I've said is missing the truth?

The facts are he didn't get a penalty and saying he would definitely score the penalty is a fucking guess - pure speculation on an event that didn't happen. I'm not even giving an opinion, I'm stating facts. 

That's an easy one: "But everything (and I mean everything) else he did was absolutely gash."

2 minutes ago, Anubis said:

But he didn’t break any fall. He never hit the ground and stayed on his feet. Look at the arm movement either from the front or behind and it’s clear he’s deliberately moving his arm to block the ball.

https://www.msn.com/en-ie/sports/football/pgmol-explain-why-liverpool-were-not-awarded-penalty-despite-martin-odegaard-handball/ar-AA1lX4W0