You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Summer 2023 Transfer Thread

an tha

2 hours ago, 3 Stacks said:

The Lavia thing won't end well. We're fooling around with bids. Don't think we want him that bad.

9 minutes ago, 3 Stacks said:

Almost like it's not easy replacing 4/5 players in one position group in a summer.

Mild signs that after a long hard fought battle, Stacksy could finally be coming down with an acute case of hysteria vaginus, commonly referred to as mewling quim. I’m gonna need to hear your views of FSG before I give my full diagnosis.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Ox is still a free agent, if its only numbers we want, bring him. Sure offer Bremen a mars bar and I'm sure they'll gift wrap Naby and send him on to Singapore. That's 6 senior midfielders, Arthur will fly out if they're are still concerns.

19 minutes ago, 3 Stacks said:

Almost like it's not easy replacing 4/5 players in one position group in a summer.

Have to laugh at people rubbing their hands with glee because the two midfielders they don’t rate are leaving for Saudi Arabia, yet whining about the difficulties in bringing replacements which itself is a direct result of Saudi Arabian money distorting everything else in the transfer market. The wood and the trees are absolutely identical to some.

1 minute ago, El Rojo said:

Have to laugh at people rubbing their hands with glee because the two midfielders they don’t rate are leaving for Saudi Arabia, yet whining about the difficulties in bringing replacements which itself is a direct result of Saudi Arabian money distorting everything else in the transfer market. The wood and the trees are absolutely identical to some.

there’s plenty of time yet.  And we’ve already improved.

1 hour ago, No2 said:

Ox is still a free agent, if its only numbers we want, bring him. Sure offer Bremen a mars bar and I'm sure they'll gift wrap Naby and send him on to Singapore. That's 6 senior midfielders, Arthur will fly out if they're are still concerns.

I know you’re joking but the longer Ox stays a free agent the more nervous I become.

• Haha 1

Brighton watched Chelsea fold and eventually pay Benfica their asking price for Enzo Fernandes, why wouldn’t they adopt the same hard nosed approach to selling a PL proven player who looks superior to the player Chelsea paid over £100m for just 6 months ago? That Boehly tit made his bed and will now have to lie in it.

• Upvote 5

17 minutes ago, Vincent Vega said:

Brighton watched Chelsea fold and eventually pay Benfica their asking price for Enzo Fernandes, why wouldn’t they adopt the same hard nosed approach to selling a PL proven player who looks superior to the player Chelsea paid over £100m for just 6 months ago? That Boehly tit made his bed and guess what? It’s bedtime.

Agreed.

• Haha 2
  • Upvote 2

3 minutes ago, Crazy Dave said:

How would people feel about Max Kilman signing for Liverpool? 

2 years of being a starter at 26 makes you wonder how good he is. Will be 27 by the end of the year. I'd rather get a younger player but when the back ups are Gomez and Matip maybe its makes some sense. Still feel we need 2 CB

Just read that FIFA says he can't play for Ukraine because he played futsal for England. What a stupid fucking decision, makes perfect sense for FIFA though, probably couldn't afford the right envelope that the oil states can

5 hours ago, Crazy Dave said:

How would people feel about Max Kilman signing for Liverpool? 

Napoli apparently tried to sign him and had a bid of £30 million rejected. 

It sounds like Wolves have got themselves in to a bit of a mess financially though, so we could probably get him for around £35 million.  

Looking at other clubs transfers, and it seems that most of the top six are struggling to get players in.

City have only got Kovacic in so far.

United only have Mount and Onana.

Chelsea only have Jackson.

Arsenal have Rice, Havertz and Timber.

Newcastle only have Tonali and Barnes 

Spurs have only got Maddison and Vicario (New GK)

I think the Saudi Arabia deals have thrown a bit of a spanner in the works for European clubs.  

• Upvote 3