You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Jude Bellingham Welcome to Liverpool…

39 minutes ago, chrisbonnie said:

I'm not being a smart arse, but what does he do, in your opinion, that warrants that price tag? 

All I can think, is that the talent pool of top midfielders in world football must be at its lowest ebb ever, if 80-100 million buys you jude bellingham. 

Fuck me how much would Gerrard have been worth now a days 

he’s a full year younger than when Gerard made his England debut and didn’t have any impact at all at an international competition.

What he does that warrants that price tag is not look out of place amongst the best players in the world at the age of 19.

He’s a centre mid. What do you want to see from a centre mid? Passing - seems good at it. Tackling - seems to like a tackle. Energy and pace - has bags of it.  Can make a goal - yep. Can score a goal - yep. Finds space and doesn’t look lost… so far, I’d say that’s what stands out as why he looks like he belongs.

What would Gerard be worth in this market? Absolutely fucking loads, like Bellingham is. At 19, Gerrard looked like he was going to be a great midfielder, and he went onto be one of the best ever. Bellingham might not go that far, but he also could.

E30E7C47-CE21-4480-AEEB-DF5B8158ED76.jpeg

He captaining Dortmund in the CL and putting in MotM performances. I was all in on him early. The only doubts for me have come recently when it’s become obvious that we need a whole new midfield and not just one big money player. 

But if the kid has his heart set on us instead of following the money, we’d be stupid to pass up on it.  

• Upvote 1

11 minutes ago, Bob Spunkmouse said:

he’s a full year younger than when Gerard made his England debut and didn’t have any impact at all at an international competition.

What he does that warrants that price tag is not look out of place amongst the best players in the world at the age of 19.

He’s a centre mid. What do you want to see from a centre mid? Passing - seems good at it. Tackling - seems to like a tackle. Energy and pace - has bags of it.  Can make a goal - yep. Can score a goal - yep. Finds space and doesn’t look lost… so far, I’d say that’s what stands out as why he looks like he belongs.

What would Gerard be worth in this market? Absolutely fucking loads, like Bellingham is. At 19, Gerrard looked like he was going to be a great midfielder, and he went onto be one of the best ever. Bellingham might not go that far, but he also could.

E30E7C47-CE21-4480-AEEB-DF5B8158ED76.jpeg

Perhaps lm forgetting the fact he is only a teenager, and I'm comparing him to a prime Gerrard and not a 19 year old Gerrard. Very fair points. 

• Upvote 1

58 minutes ago, chrisbonnie said:

I'm not being a smart arse, but what does he do, in your opinion, that warrants that price tag? 

All I can think, is that the talent pool of top midfielders in world football must be at its lowest ebb ever, if 80-100 million buys you jude bellingham. 

Fuck me how much would Gerrard have been worth now a days 

The asking price price for him appears to be anywhere north of 100 million. I don’t think he’s worth that but I think if we are to overpay then I would top it at 80 million. 

He is still 19, has leadership qualities, box-to-box, can defend, can create, can score, and can be sold after 5 years for no loss.

52 minutes ago, Babb'sBurstNad said:

For comparison, De Bruyne was still knocking around for Genk at the same age, and it'd be a few years before he emerged as a major talent in the Bundesliga. 

And failed to make the grade at Chelsea on his way too.

I have to say I like the look of Bellingham, the cost is something else of course and more about that later, but there’s been enough people who know more than I do talking positively about him, and I would hope Klopp would have the final say on whether or not he’s worth the price.

Agree that we really should be seeing a Fabinho type player also being brought in if possible, then that would go some way to addressing some of the problems we’ve seen recently and go towards  future proofing the midfield.

The money being spoken about is ridiculous, but not surprising these days, I’ve given up on caring how much players cost, the bench mark is the Managers decision whether the player is a requirement or not.

13 hours ago, an tha said:

It is absolutely ridiculous that a 19 year old kid is likely to cost north of 100m - in fact it is beyond ridiculous.

Modern football eh..

Totally agree with that. But also can maintain a view that he’s “worth it” in line with values of other footballers.

I'm interested to see, if we sign him, how he plays alongside Thiago. But I would also like to see him at the head of a MF diamond.

----------Fabinho----------

---Thiago--------Hendo---

--------Bellingham---------

---Salah-----------Nunez---

I may be shot down for these thoughts but he has something about him that could be special for us. I was impressed with him in the WC and the game for Dortmund at City in CL, I thought he ran that midfield until the Dortmund manager had a brain fart and went to 3 at the back.

He looks like the player to finally replace Gini, someone that will protect the ball, cover the ground of 2 players and offer support at all times to whoever has the ball. He looks to have more goals in him than Gini that won't be his job, just like Gini his role will be to help Trent and Robbo set up tonnes of goals.