You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Man City (A) - Sun 10th Apr 2022 (4:30pm)

Trumo

Hopefully this is one of Peps games where he gets crushed by the weight of his own genius. It's not often that the blue mancs go into a game thinking they don't need to win and the abrupt change in their tactics might throw them off. 

Tim Sherwood chatting absolute bollocks as always.

Basically Pep is obviously the best coach ever, because he has had to do it spending a lot of money, something Pep is happy to joke about, because spending that much money brings extra pressure to be successful. 

38 minutes ago, Scooby Dudek said:

Basically Pep is obviously the best coach ever, because he has had to do it spending a lot of money, something Pep is happy to joke about, because spending that much money brings extra pressure to be successful. 

Funny thing this morning, I was listening to Talksport (I know) and they were discussing who was best, Jurgen or the turtlenecked butt plug. I only heard Alan Brazil and Trevor Sinclair speak but both said Klopp without hesitation, Sinclair even mentioning how much more money citeh have spent. Did not see that coming.

58 minutes ago, TheHowieLama said:

File this one under Stuff that is 100% Untrue:

Manchester City manager Pep Guardiola has "not spent one second" talking about the fresh claims concerning his club's financial dealings.

I'd almost believe him, if it is referring to this week itself. He's obsessed with Liverpool, so I could imagine him not thinking of anything else whatsoever. 

This is one of those weekends where I am looking forward to Sunday more than the Saturday! Aussie Rules team playing Sunday, Aussie Grand Prix finally back, ripping weather and a few beers with my brother for his birthday. 

Hurry the fuck up! 

• Upvote 1

Bizarre article being peddled by the Telegraph about it being the biggest rivalry in football. Absolutely bizarre.

It's a temporary moment of parity where the two managers and squads are competing for the same trophies, but there's no history between the clubs or fans whatsoever. 

I don't consider them an equal club, or a big club at all in all honesty. I've got zero respect for their fans, I don't despise them like I do the mancs, I just don't consider them a fanbase of any standing in world football whatsoever, to an extent, I know this sounds strange, but as an English footy fan I actually find them quite embarrassing. 

• Upvote 3

15 minutes ago, Section_31 said:

Bizarre article being peddled by the Telegraph about it being the biggest rivalry in football. Absolutely bizarre.

It's a temporary moment of parity where the two managers and squads are competing for the same trophies, but there's no history between the clubs or fans whatsoever. 

I don't consider them an equal club, or a big club at all in all honesty. I've got zero respect for their fans, I don't despise them like I do the mancs, I just don't consider them a fanbase of any standing in world football whatsoever, to an extent, I know this sounds strange, but as an English footy fan I actually find them quite embarrassing. 

The article was written by Carragher, I believe. Enough said.

• Upvote 1

12 minutes ago, Section_31 said:

I've said it before, but rivalries are like friendships.  You've got your work mates, who you get on alright with as long as you're together, but if one of you changes job or moves away, you stop seeing them or even thinking about them. (A bit like Nottingham Forest, Leeds, Chelsea and now Man City.). Then you've got your real friends, who you'll always keep in touch with and - even when they're not physically close and you don't see them that often - they're never far from your thoughts. (That's our real rivals, Everton and United.)

• Upvote 3

11 minutes ago, AngryOfTuebrook said:

I've said it before, but rivalries are like friendships.  You've got your work mates, who you get on alright with as long as you're together, but if one of you changes job or moves away, you stop seeing them or even thinking about them. (A bit like Nottingham Forest, Leeds, Chelsea and now Man City.). Then you've got your real friends, who you'll always keep in touch with and - even when they're not physically close and you don't see them that often - they're never far from your thoughts. (That's our real rivals, Everton and United.)

Seems to tie in with the theory that your enemy’s are closer to being friends than strangers, that is, at least you have a relationship with them of some kind.

I wonder what Matt Le Tissier thinks about it.

10 hours ago, Scooby Dudek said:

You should have heard that miserable git Danny Mills on SSN yesterday. I know he hates us but boy he chatted some shit! He even put Walker in his combined team ahead ahead of Trent!

1 hour ago, suzy said:

You should have heard that miserable git Danny Mills on SSN yesterday. I know he hates us but boy he chatted some shit! He even put Walker in his combined team ahead ahead of Trent!

Former Leeds and and Manchester player Danny Mills?   Nah. Can’t see him being a biased twat.

• Upvote 1