You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Boxing 2021

Bjornebye

5 minutes ago, sir roger said:

I dislike Hearn as much as everybody on here , but rematch clauses and shifty manoeuvres in boxing have been a thing since the 1800's and aren't going to change now.

Oh yeah absolutely it is case...just hate it myself and always have.

It's almost impossible to break a stranglehold on titles and divisions at times because of way it is and always has been so prevalent.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, an tha said:

Oh yeah absolutely it is case...just hate it myself and always have.

It's almost impossible to break a stranglehold on titles and divisions at times because of way it is and always has been so prevalent.

I was going to going to say that they have at least got rid of the gangsters , and then remembered MTK..

2 minutes ago, Welsh said:

Delighted Joshua lost, the fucking prick.

That Hatton fight/decision was a disgrace as well!!

Joshua not congratulating Usyk showed him for what he is. Humble my arse 

Hatton winning that fight has done him no favours, apparently he's getting loads of shit on social media which is unfair in the lad as it's not his fault. Truth be told though, he's absolute wank.

13 minutes ago, Elite said:

Joshua not congratulating Usyk showed him for what he is. Humble my arse 

Hatton winning that fight has done him no favours, apparently he's getting loads of shit on social media which is unfair in the lad as it's not his fault. Truth be told though, he's absolute wank.

I think what's worse is not thanking his fans for travelling and spending all that money as well!

I can quite imagine the abuse he got but he wasn't exactly embarassed during his interview afterwards which wouldn't of helped him. I agree though, he is absolutely woeful and a half decent hitter would knock him out without breaking sweat. The amount of uppercuts that got through was crazy.

While there were obviously plenty of bums fed to the best from previous eras there is no doubt in mind the levels of the best were better back then than the best of recent years in the division.

Prime Ali, Frazier, Foreman, Holmes, Tyson, Holyfield, Lewis are leagues ahead of Joshua and Wilder and ok we are talking about all time greats with that list covering 4 decades, but for my money even the 2nd tier heavies of those decades that were the fighters those greats were beating were a higher level than Joshua/Wilder and also much better than the 2nd tier fighters in this era like Parker, Pulev, Povetkin, Chisora, Whyte et al.

Give me across those decades likes of Norton, Shavers, Cooney, Weaver, Pinklon Thomas, Moorer, Bowe, Ruddock et al over the above every time.

I'm not sure I buy all this crap about Joshua not being able to box, both he and Usyk are olympic gold medallists and Joshua was relatively elusive for a lot of the fight, obviously Usyk was more so. The better man won and the surprised reaction if anything surprises me, did people not realise Usyk's pedigree? Those fucking huge traps on his shoulders has always given me an indication he can take a punch as well!