You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Summer 2021 transfer thread.

manwiththestick

16 minutes ago, Lee909 said:

This would sound about right

Liverpool's hopes of signing 24-year-old Mali midfielder Yves Bissouma from Brighton have been boosted by Arsenal's decision to explore other options. (Mail)

Meanwhile, Liverpool's interest in RB Leipzig's French defender Ibrahima Konate, 21, has been complicated by the Bundesliga club's desire to have his £34m release clause paid in full - so the Reds may turn to on-loan Turkey centre-back Ozan Kabak, 21. (Times, subscription required)

No excuse for our owners to be fucking around like paying littlewood £2.50 a week. 

Even if they don't want to invest their own money no reason they couldn't loan the club the money like Abramovic does and have the club pay them back. 

Mate, it’s the way most deals are done in football. Almost all. 

Just now, Numero Veinticinco said:

Mate, it’s the way most deals are done in football. Almost all. 

I know most our but its wel known when you go for a player on a buy out its usually the full amount, especially when the club don't want to sell. They are taking it to the extreme though, look at the upfront fees they made a big deal of for Jota and Thiago. My point is more if the club have identified Konate as the best option then the owners should be finding a way of funding it, especially as its not the price they have a issue with but the payment plan. 

12 hours ago, Anubis said:

Hendo under fire for having a go at the Leeds t-shirts. Ha ha ha. Small time cunts.

pissed me off too the ESL is a load of shite but to tell a group of players who have won the biggest trophy on earth through blood sweat and tears to earn it fuck right off

• Upvote 1

9 hours ago, Lee909 said:

This would sound about right

Liverpool's hopes of signing 24-year-old Mali midfielder Yves Bissouma from Brighton have been boosted by Arsenal's decision to explore other options. (Mail)

Meanwhile, Liverpool's interest in RB Leipzig's French defender Ibrahima Konate, 21, has been complicated by the Bundesliga club's desire to have his £34m release clause paid in full - so the Reds may turn to on-loan Turkey centre-back Ozan Kabak, 21. (Times, subscription required)

No excuse for our owners to be fucking around like paying littlewood £2.50 a week. 

Even if they don't want to invest their own money no reason they couldn't loan the club the money like Abramovic does and have the club pay them back. 

Maybe I haven't seen enough of konate but I can't get too worried about that. It's no surprise we'd do it and it's absolutely no surprise this is how RBL want paying because we went through this cycle with Keita and Werner. The annoying thing is they leak "deal done" twice a week for a couple of months and then cry arse it in at the end. I'm not sure what that is all about. 

Was reading that the success rate of signings from the Bundesliga to the Prem is really poor and based on this Konate’s injury record, I hope we give him and any others a massive swerve. 

Viva le France / Spain / Portugal signings Jurgs

41 minutes ago, Red74 said:

Was reading that the success rate of signings from the Bundesliga to the Prem is really poor and based on this Konate’s injury record, I hope we give him and any others a massive swerve. 

Really? What is the number? Not many German players from the top clubs spring to mind - but KDB came from Wolfsburg, Gundogan from Dortmund, Matip, - some top players in top teams have come from Germany. 

Have we ever signed a good player from the French league?

1 minute ago, Jockey said:

Really? What is the number? Not many German players from the top clubs spring to mind - but KDB came from Wolfsburg, Gundogan from Dortmund, Matip, - some top players in top teams have come from Germany. 

Have we ever signed a good player from the French league?

2.jpg

1 hour ago, Red74 said:

Dutch league signings 5-a-side team:

Westerweld

Hyypia

Molby

Kuyt

Suarez

Sub: Babel

1 hour ago, Vincent Vega said:

Cheers. 

People are really having a go at him for this ?

“The T-shirts, I felt, were disrespectful,” Henderson said. “The players hadn’t done anything. It wasn’t something we wanted..”

Fuck, I thought he must have said something in an interview yesterday along the lines, tell Leeds and all the other cunts we will celebrate our EARNED place in next seasons CL. Maybe even get a tee shirt. 

Even then, he would be right.