You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Caoimhin Kelleher

Bjornebye

9 hours ago, Kevin D said:

A real hard head this Kelleher kid. And the ego. Still, when I met him, decisive as he is, I’d have been proud to call him my own son.

Has Kevin D just dropped a huge hint that Carmine Lupertazzi Sr is putting together a proposal to buy Liverpool FC?

• Upvote 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Read somewhere here he's only on 30k, the lowest paid of our squad and half of Adrians pay. He's too good to let go, give him a new contract and a decent pay rise before somebody offers him a decent wedge and regular starts. Then maybe loan him out, with a clause allowing us to recall him if Alisson gets injured.

He’s definitely leaving in the summer. That’s the talk back here. He’s far too good to be playing 1 or 2 games a season. 

In all honesty he should leave in the summer. If Allison is staying here for another 4-5 years then Kelleher has to move on and have a playing career. 

Bring in a homegrown back-up keeper, let Adrian go and - hesitantly - let Kelleher go for a massive wedge, with a buy-back fee. He's too good to sit on our bench, he'd be first choice at pretty much any other club in England.

• Upvote 2

Firmino has a contract running low, Fabinho has fallen off a cliff and talk of letting Celleher leave. Imagine the scenario we lose our Brazilians as they want to stay together and we end up with Adrian in goal?

2 hours ago, Evelyn Tentions said:

Read somewhere here he's only on 30k, the lowest paid of our squad and half of Adrians pay. He's too good to let go, give him a new contract and a decent pay rise before somebody offers him a decent wedge and regular starts. Then maybe loan him out, with a clause allowing us to recall him if Alisson gets injured.

'Only?' 30k a week! This is why I have lost so much love for the game. Not that I don't wish the players good rewards for their talent,but the cost to a youngster or family plus matchgoing costs is totally obscene to the world 95% of us live in. 

Not having a go at you here Evelyn but just a rant about the game at the top level nowadays,which then impacts the other areas and often negatively.

• Upvote 4

Allison is 30, Kelleher is 24. 

As much as I’d hate it, I do see an argument for using Allison to boost funds for other areas of the team whilst his stock is high. It’s quite saddening that the club is run in this way (selling to fund arrivals) but that’s how it is. 

Kelleher has incredible potential whether that gets fulfilled here or elsewhere is the question. 

Any idea what fee each could command in summer? 

5 minutes ago, Fallen Angel said:

Allison is 30, Kelleher is 24. 

As much as I’d hate it, I do see an argument for using Allison to boost funds for other areas of the team whilst his stock is high.

Crazy talk !!!

Alisson can keep going for a good few years yet. 

Also, who would buy him? Doubt we’d sell him to a club in this country, Madrid have Courtois, Barca couldn’t afford him  (and have ter Stegen),  PSG have Donnarumma, nobody in Italy could afford him…

Maybe Bayern with Neuer being 37 and breaking his leg but not sure how realistic that seems either. 

1 hour ago, Karl_b said:

Bring in a homegrown back-up keeper, let Adrian go and - hesitantly - let Kelleher go for a massive wedge, with a buy-back fee. He's too good to sit on our bench, he'd be first choice at pretty much any other club in England.

100%.

We’d probably get a good >£20m for him. 

Mabye 

26 minutes ago, AngryOfTuebrook said:

Backup keepers are either Kelleher-level or Adrian-level. Remembering that week a couple of years ago when fuck-ups got us knocked out of the FA Cup and the Champions League, I'm not so sanguine about the thought of letting Kelleher go.

I think it's rare enough that a club has a back-up of his quality. It certainly has been for us over the decades. 

Maybe he could go on a season-long loan to another top flight club.

For a few reasons, it was a ridiculous decision not to play him against Wolves at the weekend. 

1 hour ago, AngryOfTuebrook said:

Backup keepers are either Kelleher-level or Adrian-level. Remembering that week a couple of years ago when fuck-ups got us knocked out of the FA Cup and the Champions League, I'm not so sanguine about the thought of letting Kelleher go.

I don't think many would want to see him go - but he is just too good to sit on our bench unfortunately - and if the lad as he will surely want to wants to play regularly then he will have plenty of suitors.

We need to insert a buy back clause if we sell him though.

2 hours ago, AngryOfTuebrook said:

Even Alli makes fuck ups. Despite him being a world class keeper and our number one. It would be interesting to know how many of his brainfarts like against Wolves have cost us goals. I can think of a few.

The deciding factor in Kelleher staying or going will, as most of us suspect, be down to the player. He's clearly capable of holding down a first team spot somewhere.

We arent going to drop Alli so, Kelleher is only ever getting domestic cup games or any injuries to Alli. The lad will want to play and it would be a risk to sell Alli and make him number 1 Of course if we miss out on CL footie for a couple of consecutive seasons, Alli may decide he has to move if he wants top level games but by then, Kelleher could have moved on.

Kelleher has played incredibly well for us over the last few years but the jury is still out on just how good he is, and we won't find out until he starts playing week in, week out somewhere.

If possible id send him out on a season long loan next season and then reassess in twelve months time.

The difficulty he might have is that whilst he is perfect for the way we play, I'm not sure how good he'd look playing for a team that don't play out from the back?

2 hours ago, dockers_strike said:

Even Alli makes fuck ups. Despite him being a world class keeper and our number one. It would be interesting to know how many of his brainfarts like against Wolves have cost us goals. I can think of a few.

The deciding factor in Kelleher staying or going will, as most of us suspect, be down to the player. He's clearly capable of holding down a first team spot somewhere.

We arent going to drop Alli so, Kelleher is only ever getting domestic cup games or any injuries to Alli. The lad will want to play and it would be a risk to sell Alli and make him number 1 Of course if we miss out on CL footie for a couple of consecutive seasons, Alli may decide he has to move if he wants top level games but by then, Kelleher could have moved on.

But he doesn't let those brain farts effect him and that's the main thing.

8 hours ago, JohnnyH said:

He’s definitely leaving in the summer. That’s the talk back here. He’s far too good to be playing 1 or 2 games a season. 

In all honesty he should leave in the summer. If Allison is staying here for another 4-5 years then Kelleher has to move on and have a playing career. 

I can never understand why we can't give him 15 to 20 games a season. He is good enough.

• Upvote 1