You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Your pop culture gripes

Section_31

The Equalzier. Dapper British gent in rough as arseholes 80s New York. Goes into any situation utterly fearless against mob bosses, punks, gangs, you name it because he's a former SPY who can handle himself despite his BBC Radio 4 appearance and general demeanour. That's the whole point, he's NOT a traditional hard man. 

Alas no, let's make it Denzel Washington. No different from Brian Mills from Taken or any number of former special ops type hardmen.

93261975-850x560.jpeg

McCall-Washington-in-The-Equalizer.jpg

• Upvote 4

30 minutes ago, Section_31 said:

Just been watching Return of the Jedi and I forgot this fucking retrofitted cunt turns up at the end. 

Fuck right off out of my childhood you wooden fuck. Can't even play a force ghost without looking like a smug, pointless bastard.

f7c70431756eaabdaa916a21d0e25428.jpg

Absolutely stupid move. Sure how would Luke be able to recognise what his father looked like when he was younger, having never seen the cunt? Total brain fart.

32 minutes ago, Section_31 said:

Just been watching Return of the Jedi and I forgot this fucking retrofitted cunt turns up at the end. 

Fuck right off out of my childhood you wooden fuck. Can't even play a force ghost without looking like a smug, pointless bastard.

Thank fuck I've never seen it, is it a true story? 

5 minutes ago, Bobby Hundreds said:

Theyve got spaceships but no photographs. Its a weird place the galaxy far away.

The other thing about these Sci Fi bollocks is that they dress like something from ancient Greece and live in caves with the latest in technology. 

And they can disappear at random. 

Hot women music artists who complain about objectification whilst selling their music via the art of semi naked cavorting hotness. Im a man who fancies women, tough shit my first response to seeing you is "would I fuck you" its ingrained into my very being to think that way. I will not apologise for seeing Dua Lipas legs and thinking Jesus fucking christ! before I enquire about what motivates her and the quality of her character. 

• Upvote 4

1 hour ago, Section_31 said:

Snide looking cunt him as well.

AND they changed the party music at the end. Twats.

• Upvote 1

29 minutes ago, Bobby Hundreds said:

Theyve got spaceships but no photographs. Its a weird place the galaxy far away.

It's not unusual. In fantasy, they have wizards and other characters with all sorts of magic and supernatural powers, yet they still ride on horseback and fight with swords and bows an arrows.

In the latest Spider-Man MCU films how it’s all tied closely to Tony Stark and how he was seen as Peter Parkers father figure, with Peter eager to please him.

When in the comics he distrusts/dislikes Stark and his bravado and they often fall out.  

He’s very much an independent and confident character in the comics, even as a boy. The MCU films have him teaming up with everyone (Stark/Fury...etc)

The MCU Peter is very much based on Miles Morales, who when does come into the films, has most his source material already referenced by Peter (Ganke/Ned/uncertainty/naivety...even fuckin’ Lego)

16 minutes ago, Juniper said:

In the latest Spider-Man MCU films how it’s all tied closely to Tony Stark and how he was seen as Peter Parkers father figure and how he was eager to please him.

When in the comics he distrusts/dislikes him and they often fall out.  

So Iron Man is Spiderman's Dad? Fuck me,mind blown. I'd never even heard of Iron Man until they started making modern Marvel films.

* I know next to fuck all about comic books so all this stuff I said maybe wrong anyway*

15 minutes ago, VladimirIlyich said:

So Iron Man is Spiderman's Dad? Fuck me,mind blown. I'd never even heard of Iron Man until they started making modern Marvel films.

* I know next to fuck all about comic books so all this stuff I said maybe wrong anyway*

No he’s not his dad, but in the films Peter pretty much idolised him. 

2 hours ago, Section_31 said:

The Equalzier. Dapper British gent in rough as arseholes 80s New York. Goes into any situation utterly fearless against mob bosses, punks, gangs, you name it because he's a former SPY who can handle himself despite his BBC Radio 4 appearance and general demeanour. That's the whole point, he's NOT a traditional hard man. 

Alas no, let's make it Denzel Washington. No different from Brian Mills from Taken or any number of former special ops type hardmen.

93261975-850x560.jpeg

McCall-Washington-in-The-Equalizer.jpg

Grinds my gears the way the main character in loads of films, regardless of whether he's a chef, a mechanic or a fucking hairdresser is always "ex special forces". Its the modern deus ex machina. "Why is that motherfucker so tough, he's only a car park attendant." "Yeah, but he's ex special forces."

Grow a fucking imagination, you fucking hack cunts.

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, Fluter in Dakota said:

Exactly, how anyone can watch stuff like that is beyond me. 

My nieces ex got a cob on with me because I'd never heard of Princess Leah when that bird died, he goes to the pictures to watch all that shite and she had to go too, hes 40 odd, he got binned in the end. 

• Upvote 1