You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Keir Starmer

rb14

4 hours ago, Captain Turdseye said:

He “gets stuff done” unfortunately. 

Will be interesting to see how the media portray the Labour government we’re no doubt heading towards. 

I hope that Starmer doesn't cosy up to the s*n etc the way that Blair did.

With the Tories imploding, there's no real need to anymore.

22 minutes ago, Strontium said:

Well, here's an early test of Labour's newfound popularity, there'll be a by-election in Chester as Labour MP Chris Matheson is resigning after being suspended from the House for 4 weeks for serious sexual misconduct.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-63344752

There's one here in West Lancs after Rosie Cooper accepted a position with Mersey Care NHS Foundation Trust and subsequently resigning as MP.

25 minutes ago, Strontium said:

Well, here's an early test of Labour's newfound popularity, there'll be a by-election in Chester as Labour MP Chris Matheson is resigning after being suspended from the House for 4 weeks for serious sexual misconduct.

Thats a shame he seemed a decent MP, I wrote to him over a couple of things and he always took the time to reply. I live in Chester. its had a fairly solid Labour majority the last 3 elections so I hope that continues.

3 minutes ago, Harry's Lad said:

There's one here in West Lancs after Rosie Cooper accepted a position with Mersey Care NHS Foundation Trust and subsequently resigning as MP.

Yeah, I'd completely forgotten about that. Somewhere there's a photo of me in a scout uniform standing with Rosie. If I have anything to do with it, it will never again see the light of day.

2 minutes ago, redinblack said:

Thats a shame he seemed a decent MP, I wrote to him over a couple of things and he always took the time to reply. I live in Chester. its had a fairly solid Labour majority the last 3 elections so I hope that continues.

Seems he had a serious lapse of judgment.

https://www.parliament.uk/business/news/2022/october-2022/independent-expert-panel-recommends-suspending-christian-matheson-mp-for-serious-sexual-misconduct/

I'd be intensely surprised if Labour lost Chester though.

27 minutes ago, Gnasher said:

The Shills up. One man propaganda machine.

Sorry, did I post something vaguely positive instead of hundreds and hundreds of random Twitter posts trying to make out he’s doing a bad job? You must be furious.

Still you’ve got sexual misconduct stuff you can wank yourself into a frenzy over now. It’ll give you something else to lie about anyway. 

9 minutes ago, Numero Veinticinco said:

Sorry, did I post something vaguely positive instead of hundreds and hundreds of random Twitter posts trying to make out he’s doing a bad job? You must be furious.

Still you’ve got sexual misconduct stuff you can wank yourself into a frenzy over now. It’ll give you something else to lie about anyway. 

Yawn.

Haven't looked at the clip, did he promise to "put stop oil cunts in a woodchipper?  Is that why you're so excited or is it the same old same old  fawing subservience you trot out day after day?

You make Nadine Dorries and Rees Mogg's worshipping at the feet of Johnson seem vaguely normal by comparison. You'd certainly give the Rees Mogg twit a run for his money in the pomposity stakes.

2 minutes ago, Gnasher said:

Yawn.

Haven't looked at the clip, did he promise to "put stop oil cunts in a woodchipper?  Is that why you're so excited or is it the same old same old  fawing subservience you trot out day after day?

You make Nadine Dorries and Rees Mogg's worshipping at the feet of Johnson seem vaguely normal by comparison.

God you’re stupid. Too stupid to know you’re stupid. I called him bland and boring, but acknowledged that he improved, and that’s got you wound up and crying about something I said in another thread. Haha. Pathetic little cunt. Got to stoke up arguments all over the place. 

19 minutes ago, Strontium said:

Yeah, I'd completely forgotten about that. Somewhere there's a photo of me in a scout uniform standing with Rosie. If I have anything to do with it, it will never again see the light of day.

https://www.parliament.uk/business/news/2022/october-2022/independent-expert-panel-recommends-suspending-christian-matheson-mp-for-serious-sexual-misconduct/

When she was Lib/LibDem I presume. 

I was never in the Scouts, so no embarrassing photos.

I did get kicked out of the Cubs when I was 8 though.

I wasn't there long enough to get a uniform. 

15 minutes ago, Numero Veinticinco said:

God you’re stupid. Too stupid to know you’re stupid. I called him bland and boring, but acknowledged that he improved, and that’s got you wound up and crying about something I said in another thread. Haha. Pathetic little cunt. Got to stoke up arguments all over the place. 

Ah the very mild criticism of subject followed by lickarse platitudes the very next sentence. Very objective observations there posh twat.

I'm far from crying i find you entertaining, only not in a way you'd appreciate.

2 minutes ago, Gnasher said:

Ah the very mild criticism of subject followed by lickarse platitudes the very next sentence. Very objective observations there posh twat.

I'm far from crying i find you entertaining, only not in a way you'd appreciate.

Gnasher, you’re making yourself look like an idiot, I mean more so than usual. You know you’re a barely literate mong and you’re perpetually wrong, and I’m okay with that. My issue is you’re a lying scumbag and you have to drag your argumentative bollocks all over the forum. You’re just a stupid, dishonest, spamming cunt who badly needs putting down. Now that’s something I’d find amusing to watch. 

5 minutes ago, Numero Veinticinco said:

Gnasher, you’re making yourself look like an idiot, I mean more so than usual. You know you’re a barely literate mong and you’re perpetually wrong, and I’m okay with that. My issue is you’re a lying scumbag and you have to drag your argumentative bollocks all over the forum. You’re just a stupid, dishonest, spamming cunt who badly needs putting down. Now that’s something I’d find amusing to watch. 

Being the Grandad of a 3 year old boy with Downs Syndrome, who has already been called that, I find that word objectionable and shameful when used by adults who should know better.

• Upvote 3

9 minutes ago, Numero Veinticinco said:

Aw you all upset again. You were all upset and only yesterday calling protesters cunts and wishing they'd get put in woodchippers. Strange little man.

6 minutes ago, Gnasher said:

Aw you all upset again. You were all upset and only yesterday calling protesters cunts and wishing they'd get put in woodchippers. Strange little man.

Yeah, very upset. You and your opinion mean soo much to me. So upset I follow you around the forum having little digs. Nope, that’s you.

1 hour ago, Strontium said:

Ah, Chester.

I remember when Giles Brandreth won the seat in 92, a Cestrian I worked with explained "in Chester you can pin a blue rosette on a dog turd and... well, yeah."

29 minutes ago, Harry's Lad said:

Being the Grandad of a 3 year old boy with Downs Syndrome, who has already been called that, I find that word objectionable and shameful when used by adults who should know better.

Sorry for my part in that Harry. Maybe I shouldn't have poked him with the Internet stick so although it wasn't my words I'll except a portion of blame. All the best to you and your little man.

1 hour ago, Strontium said:

Sounds more like thinking with his todger rather than actual predatory malice. Still, anyone in a position of power needs to recognise that. No doubt his nuts were telling him "she hasn't told you to fuck off, that means she's bang up for this". Feckin' eejit.

Just now, Gnasher said:

Sorry for my part in that Harry. Maybe I shouldn't have poked him with the Internet stick so although it wasn't my words I'll except a portion of blame. All the best to you and your little man.

Thank you.

Numero has already been in touch via private message which was also appreciated, so a line has been under it as far as I'm concerned, but I will say that word should be as socially unacceptable as the N word and the P word.

Let's hope that will be the case in future.

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, AngryOfTuebrook said:

Sounds more like thinking with his todger rather than actual predatory malice. Still, anyone in a position of power needs to recognise that. No doubt his nuts were telling him "she hasn't told you to fuck off, that means she's bang up for this". Feckin' eejit.

There’s a certain disconnect between the term ‘serious sexual misconduct’ and the punishment ‘four week suspension’. Either the term is too broad or the punishment insanely lenient. 

4 minutes ago, Harry's Lad said:

Thank you.

Numero has already been in touch via private message which was also appreciated, so a line has been under it as far as I'm concerned, but I will say that word should be as socially unacceptable as the N word and the P word.

Let's hope that will be the case in future.

OK Harry, indeed. Apologies once again.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Strontium said:

Yes, he's made a balls of that no question and the course of action is correct. I hope it stays Labour, or at least not Tory, but then again not long ago we did have Gyles Brandreth.....