You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Crime and Punishment

11 minutes ago, A Red said:

If this was the US where there is a gun culture I would agree with you. But there are strict rules in place that seem to work.

I'm not sure on the rules working  A Red. We've got a woman and child slain. Probably by a man with a license for a gun.

That's a rock solid example of rules not working.

11 minutes ago, A Red said:

The bloke will have brought the gun on to school premises just as he could have done with any school. As far as i can see he didn't work at the school in fact the whole school thing is irrelevant. I'm prepared to wager that the fact the school had a shooting range had absolutely no influence on him or what happened

Maybe, maybe not. However if your right and this fella did indeed bring a gun onto the school premises then having a rifle range makes him less likely to be stand out and the alarm to be raised. Which is what I was saying about a easy gun culture. It can become normalised. 

I thought the gun was in house tbh. Although I'm guessing and may be wrong.

6 minutes ago, Gnasher said:

I'm not sure on the rules working  A Red. We've got a woman and child slain. Probably by a man with a license for a gun.

That's a rock solid example of rules not working.

Maybe, maybe not. However if your right and this fella did indeed bring a gun onto the school premises then having a rifle range makes him less likely to be stand out and the alarm to be raised. Which is what I was saying about a easy gun culture. It can become normalised. 

I thought the gun was in house tbh. Although I'm guessing and may be wrong.

All you’d have to do is read a single report and you’d know exactly what happened.  But instead of doing that you’ve created a

whole world where Epsom is South Central LA.  All because you couldn’t hold your hand up.  

32 minutes ago, Rico1304 said:

All you’d have to do is read a single report and you’d know exactly what happened.  But instead of doing that you’ve created a

whole world where Epsom is South Central LA.  All because you couldn’t hold your hand up.  

But you're missing the major point. Which is justified on your part because its right in front of your eyes. You sort of stumbled on the answer yourself when mocking Epson as some rough gun crime capital.

Epsom, two people shot dead.

Liverpool, child shot dead.

London. Kris Kaba shot dead in car. 

Look at those three cases and look at the difference in the  people who pulled the trigger.

In London it was a police officer. In Liverpool it was a gangland thug. In Epsom it was the husband of a school teacher. 

All wildly different people from different parts of the country, from different social backgrounds from different lives. All murderers.

It does not matter about the low crime rate in Epsom. Samuel Colt said the gun is makes all men equal and he was right. You put it in any man's hand, from any background and it can result in death. The previous low crime rate in Epsom means little to the family of those shot today.

It's simplistic but the common denominator is the gun. It's not the area and its not the social make up of the person.

Guns must be kept off Britain's streets, and out of peoples hands, with very few exceptions.

5 minutes ago, Gnasher said:

But you're missing the major point. Which is justified on your part because its right in front of your eyes. You sort of stumbled on the answer yourself when mocking Epson as some rough gun crime capital.

Look at those three cases and look at the difference in the  people who pulled the trigger.

In London it was a police officer. In Liverpool it was a gangland thug. In Epsom it was the husband of a school teacher. 

All wildly different people from different parts of the country, from different social backgrounds from different lives. All murderers.

It does not matter about the low crime rate in Epsom. Samuel Colt said the gun is makes all men equal and he was right. You put it in any man's hand, from any background and it can result in death. The previous low crime rate in Epsom means little to the family of those shot today.

It's simplistic but the common denominator is the gun. It's not the area and its not the social make up of the person.

Guns must be kept off Britain's streets, and out of peoples hands, with very few exceptions.

I suggested banning guns earlier…… 

11 minutes ago, Gnasher said:

So now it’s absolutely nothing to do with the school or the gun club. Thank fuck for that, we got there in the end. 

4 minutes ago, Bjornebye said:

I suggested banning guns earlier…… 

Yeah I agree but it's not that easy.

As an example we need a certain amount of gun training and rifle ranges for training purposes for our forces. This is where the lapses accour and people push the boundaries. I mean allowing a rifle range in a school, ffs. 

4 minutes ago, Rico1304 said:

So now it’s absolutely nothing to do with the school or the gun club. Thank fuck for that, we got there in the end. 

Oh I don't know about that. A 39 year old male, not employed by the school, apparently allowed a firearm within school boundaries. Hmm if you had a kid attending that school you might not be so easily dismissive. 

It’s a pellet shooting range for competition target shooting. I swear, the idea that these competition ranges, which are basically a room with paper target at the end, are some gun culture swilling death zones rather than type of thing in the video below, is such a strange take to anybody who has ever fired these rifles. You’re strapped in to the point your arm feels like it’s going to fall off, you are qualified on the weapon and weapon safety, and you. Basically flick a bit of lead half the size of a tic-tac into a bit of paper. There’s more dangerous catapults on general sale.

17 minutes ago, Gnasher said:

Thinking of it, you were right. Just ban the fucking lot of them.

Saturday  Night Specials as the Skynyrd song goes, why don't we dump  them people to the bottom of the sea before some old fool comes around here to shoot you or me.

Though I'd say knives are a bigger worry but the same for them and the dickhead cunts that carry them.

8 hours ago, Numero Veinticinco said:

It’s a pellet shooting range for competition target 

8 hours ago, Numero Veinticinco said:

I swear, the idea that these competition ranges, which are basically a room with paper target at the end, are some gun culture swilling death zones rather than type of thing in the video below, is such a strange take to anybody who has ever fired these rifles. You’re strapped in to the point your arm feels like it’s going to fall off, you are qualified on the weapon and weapon safety, and you. Basically flick a bit of lead half the size of a tic-tac into a bit of paper. There’s more dangerous catapults on general sale.

https://www.express.co.uk/news/uk/1731522/epsom-college-rifle-range-headteacher-emma-pattison-latest

10 hours ago, Rico1304 said:

As I have posted previously somebody did steal a box of grass seed from my doorstep so it’s not a million miles away. 

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 2

1 minute ago, Captain Willard said:

As I have posted previously somebody did steal a box of grass seed from my doorstep so it’s not a million miles away. 

"grass seed" you say, hmmm.

Normally a front or starter pack leading to widespread marijuanna cultivation which is coincidentally prelevant in Compton Los Angeles.

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, Gnasher said:

I was going off what they said on their website, which I put above the express. It says this, which is that it’s for .22 and full bore is at other ranges. Unless there’s some difference between the club and whatever the school has. 

‘Formed over 70 years ago with a history stretching back to the Home Guard, Epsom Rifle Club meets on each Tuesday and Thursday evening to shoot .22 prone rifle.

Guest nights for those interested in shooting with Epsom RC are arranged throughout the year (subject to demand) and there are two coaching sessions per month open to both Probationers and existing members alike, for advice and guidance.

Our facilities include an indoor heated 25-yard range with eight firing points, allowing shooting to be carried out whatever the season. We have club competitions and club members also participate in County (SCSBRA) and National (NSRA) level competitions and there are a few fullbore events held at other ranges throughout the year since the club became a listed fullbore club under NRA affiliation in 2016.’

Please note: The Club's facilities do not readily support the use of air rifles and standing shooting is not possible at all.

This is an actual picture of the range from their site. 

236D3C6C-78FF-48DB-96C5-3764B624392F.jpeg

2 hours ago, Numero Veinticinco said:

I was going off what they said on their website, which I put above the express. It says this, which is that it’s for .22 and full bore is at other ranges. Unless there’s some difference between the club and whatever the school has. 

‘Formed over 70 years ago with a history stretching back to the Home Guard, Epsom Rifle Club meets on each Tuesday and Thursday evening to shoot .22 prone rifle.

Guest nights for those interested in shooting with Epsom RC are arranged throughout the year (subject to demand) and there are two coaching sessions per month open to both Probationers and existing members alike, for advice and guidance.

Our facilities include an indoor heated 25-yard range with eight firing points, allowing shooting to be carried out whatever the season. We have club competitions and club members also participate in County (SCSBRA) and National (NSRA) level competitions and there are a few fullbore events held at other ranges throughout the year since the club became a listed fullbore club under NRA affiliation in 2016.’

Please note: The Club's facilities do not readily support the use of air rifles and standing shooting is not possible at all.

This is an actual picture of the range from their site. 

236D3C6C-78FF-48DB-96C5-3764B624392F.jpeg

No you've been caught out again taking piffle.

I'd have put money on you though to come out swinging for gun clubs in private schools. 

8 minutes ago, Gnasher said:

No you've been caught out again taking piffle.

I'd have put money on you though to come out swinging for gun clubs in private schools. 

No, I’ve taken the word of their official website and accompanying photographic evidence. You’re wrong. Again. You lying rat. You won’t even back down when the official line shows you to be talking bollocks. You’ve never once ‘caught me out’ doing anything. You’re incapable. How many threads do you have to expose yourself as a blithering moron and a liar before you take a step back and actually think. 

14 hours ago, Numero Veinticinco said:

It’s a pellet shooting range for competition target shooting. I swear, the idea that these competition ranges, which are basically a room with paper target at the end, are some gun culture swilling death zones rather than type of thing in the video below, is such a strange take to anybody who has ever fired these rifles. You’re strapped in to the point your arm feels like it’s going to fall off, you are qualified on the weapon and weapon safety, and you. Basically flick a bit of lead half the size of a tic-tac into a bit of paper. There’s more dangerous catapults on general sale.

Nice sanitised version there. 

Public schools/guns and entitled little posh kids. You should now this subject like the back of your hand. You shouldn't need me to correct you.

1 minute ago, Gnasher said:

Nice sanitised version there. 

Public schools/guns and entitled little posh kids. You should now this subject like the back of your hand. You shouldn't need me to correct you.

Well, you've not corrected anything you've just doubled down on your own ignorance. Funny to see you harping on about authoritarian behaviour that doesn't exist in the Starmer thread, then talking about full bans of guns and rifles including .22. What a muppet. And why would I know anything about little posh kids and private schools? Are you teeing up another lie? 

8 minutes ago, Numero Veinticinco said:

Well, you've not corrected anything you've just doubled down on your own ignorance. Funny to see you harping on about authoritarian behaviour that doesn't exist in the Starmer thread, then talking about full bans of guns and rifles including .22. What a muppet. And why would I know anything about little posh kids and private schools? Are you teeing up another lie? 

FULL BORE.

You should have known, it could have been named after you. 

You mysteriously left it off that nice little advertisement brochure you posted above. 

2 minutes ago, Gnasher said:

FULL BORE.

You should have known, it could have been named after you. 

You mysteriously left it off that nice little advertisement brochure you posted above. 

I didn't leave it off, you absolute moron, I listed what their website says. Their websites says they occasionally fire full bore and do so at other ranges. The picture you provided is a student of Epsom college at a different range - in this case it's the national range at Bisley. I've given you this information, but you just chose to keep on and on being an ignorant twat. If you could read you'd be dangerous.  

Just now, Numero Veinticinco said:

I didn't leave it off, you absolute moron, I listed what their website says. Their websites says they occasionally fire full bore and do so at other ranges. The picture you provided is a student of Epsom college at a different range - in this case it's the national range at Bisley. I've given you this information, but you just chose to keep on and on being an ignorant twat. If you could read you'd be dangerous.  

More selective editing.

" they are no more dangerous than a catapult"  you fucking idiot.

I'd like to see a contest where  you're armed with a catapult whereas your opponent has a full bore firing rifle. I'm sure you'd do well.

5 minutes ago, Gnasher said:

More selective editing.

" they are no more dangerous than a catapult"  you fucking idiot.

I'd like to see a contest where  you're armed with a catapult whereas your opponent has a full bore firing rifle. I'm sure you'd do well.

More selective editing, what in addition to yesterday where you had to embarrassingly apologise for making up that I was selectively editing. And yeah, I'm and idiot and you're smart; Gnasher's upside down world where he gets to post pictures of places that aren't at Epsom school and just brush it off. You're spiralling. Keep windmilling those arms though. 

The irony, of course, is that you made up a quote paraphrasing something I said, which was talking about .22 rifles and there being more dangerous catapults. Then you try to use that lie to insult me by calling me an idiot. Do you think anybody is buying this nonsense? This is entirely down to you not being able to calmly read something and take in its actual meaning rather than some half-baked version your addled brain jumbles together. It's making you look like such a cunt, all across the forum. 

11 minutes ago, Numero Veinticinco said:

More selective editing, what in addition to yesterday where you had to embarrassingly apologise for making up that I was selectively editing. And yeah, I'm and idiot and you're smart; Gnasher's upside down world where he gets to post pictures of places that aren't at Epsom school and just brush it off. You're spiralling. Keep windmilling those arms though. 

Ok I'll go more slowly.

You left out the outside shooting.

You left out full bore shooting. 

You described the weapons as no more dangerous than a caterpault. 

You posted a whitewashed watered down picture of the schools shooting facilities. You tried to bullshit. You got caught out. 

On a wider point. Shooting clubs. Defending the BBC. Getting upset over the disrespect of the monarchy. 

The list is lengthening with you.

• Downvote 1