You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Other Football - 2019/20

Guest Pistonbroke
1 minute ago, Joey8FrogsLegs said:

Did they really get that one right? Watching on my phone, small screen and all, but it seem the defender clearly stepped on his heel.

Showed about 5 replays and not once did I see any contact. Burnley defender pulled his foot back and HO dived and in doing so caught his own leg. 

The win at Stamford Bridge will prove to be a great result over the season. Lamprd is well-educated, has a high IQ and rinsed every inch of talent he had out of his career through hard work & dedication (his fairly unremarkable beginnings at West Ham & early Chelsea days did nothing to suggest European Cup captain-winning material). It was always going to be very likely he'd make a good manager. Hopefully they can grab something at City in a few weeks.

10 minutes ago, Alex_K said:

The win at Stamford Bridge will prove to be a great result over the season. Lamprd is well-educated, has a high IQ and rinsed every inch of talent he had out of his career through hard work & dedication (his fairly unremarkable beginnings at West Ham & early Chelsea days did nothing to suggest European Cup captain-winning material). It was always going to be very likely he'd make a good manager. Hopefully they can grab something at City in a few weeks.

I find this Chelsea team hard to figure out. It feels like in most games this season they've been a couple breaks away from conceding 4 or 5 and getting swamped and instead in lots of games, they're the side that end up with 4 goals and the comfortable win. 

One thing is for sure; Lampard plays good football. He's actually made this Chelsea team quite likeable on the pitch. 

I reiterate what I said the other day: the odious, spoiled, "we don't like Rafa because he does zonal marking and said nasty things about us," "we don't like Ancelotti because he's not Mourinho," "we don't like Sarri because he's not quite as good as Klopp or Guardiola" cunty fanbase that is Chelsea's categorically do NOT deserve the fairytale of a legend leading them to success with a crop of young players. It's the dream for most clubs and I can't think of a less deserving set of twats - FFS let a long-suffering fanbase have that, not them.

Fuck them all the way up Kensington High Street the utter, utter bellwhiffs.

• Upvote 4

1 hour ago, Alex_K said:

I thought that too. They are a very good side. 

Caballero 

James Christensen Rudiger Emerson

Loftus-Cheek Kante Barkley 

Pedro Batshuayi Hudson-Odoi

This eleven didn't start today. Neither did world cup winning no.9 Giroud.

The "poor Frank couldn't buy any players" agenda is slightly exaggerated 

• Upvote 3

2 hours ago, Razoray said:

Caballero 

James Christensen Rudiger Emerson

Loftus-Cheek Kante Barkley 

Pedro Batshuayi Hudson-Odoi

This eleven didn't start today. Neither did world cup winning no.9 Giroud.

The "poor Frank couldn't buy any players" agenda is slightly exaggerated 

Very much so.

Pisses me off this narrative around them of them suddenly being the plucky young side, who couldn't buy anyone and what a great job lionheart fwank is doing.

ITV news tonight led their footy round up with this 'Chelsea who due to a transfer ban have been unable to buy any players' blah blah fuckin blah - mentioning Pulisic scoring the perfect hat trick...but conveniently failing to mention that he cost them 60m.

Fuck Chelsea, the horrible, plastic, £50 note waving, shithouse, racist, tory, right wing, Ingerlund andrangers loving, Brexit voting, Hillsborough silence booing cunts.

• Upvote 3

Frank's doing an unbelievable job on a shoestring. I mean, they only have their pick of elite kids (from which the likes of Liverpool are grateful to pick up a few castoffs) to add to an experienced squad of international stars and league winners. In effect, they even spent the best part of £100m on Pulisic and Kovacic while under a transfer ban, the poor darlings...

7 hours ago, an tha said:

Very much so.

Pisses me off this narrative around them of them suddenly being the plucky young side, who couldn't buy anyone and what a great job lionheart fwank is doing.

ITV news tonight led their footy round up with this 'Chelsea who due to a transfer ban have been unable to buy any players' blah blah fuckin blah - mentioning Pulisic scoring the perfect hat trick...but conveniently failing to mention that he cost them 60m.

Fuck Chelsea, the horrible, plastic, £50 note waving, shithouse, racist, tory, right wing, Ingerlund andrangers loving, Brexit voting, Hillsborough silence booing cunts.

Wait till they are allowed to sign players when their transfer ban is over loads of pundits keep saying...

Plucky little Chelsea terribly

hamstrung by an inability to sign players yet brought in more new senior signings than us this summer.

This media buzz around them is a modern era O’Leary’s babies at Leeds (albeit not from Lampard, who’s nothing like as much of a cunt as that phoney) and fast becoming as tedious.

Guest Pistonbroke

I've never had anything against Lampard, always comes over as a decent lad, both in the game and on that 'Play to the Whistle' program. He was just part of a team I despise, and whose fans are a bunch of racist pricks. 

The whole thing about playing youngsters is a bit OTT like others have said, similar to the way the media portray the mancs situation, oblivious to the fact the money spent and the pedigree of these so called youngsters. Lampard is getting a tune out of them though, although they do ride their luck. Once the ban is lifted and money is available it will ruin the trust he has built with those players though, for reasons which I mentioned earlier in the thread. 

Chelsea as a club can go fuck themselves, I'd rather that behind us and City Leicester and Arsenal fill the top 4.